For those with the Passport, are you able to watch live TV with your provider's app? or Netflix?

I have Verizon FIOS and I'm able to watch live TV through their app. Works fine with the available Netflix app as well. Just curious if anyone know of such apps for the PP.
    12-30-14 11:44 AM
    For those with the Passport, are you able to watch live TV with your provider's app? or Netflix?

I have Verizon FIOS and I'm able to watch live TV through their app. Works fine with the available Netflix app as well. Just curious if anyone know of such apps for the PP.
    Install the Netflix .apk from Snap or from Google Play Store. Live TV you could also do with the Android app.
    12-30-14 11:47 AM
    I'm able to watch just about anything on my passport so long as flash isn't required. In those instances my PlayBook picks up the slack.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    12-30-14 11:53 AM
    I had thought about loading Snap, but it's not a Blackberry app. As in, not vetted through the company. Do you know if security professionals have looked at the source code to make sure it's not "harmful"?

My currently phone has no third party apps.
    12-30-14 11:58 AM
    I'm able to watch just about anything on my passport so long as flash isn't required. In those instances my PlayBook picks up the slack.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    I'm trying to limit the amount of devices I carry with me at all times. But thanks for the advice.
    12-30-14 11:58 AM
    I had thought about loading Snap, but it's not a Blackberry app. As in, not vetted through the company. Do you know if security professionals have looked at the source code to make sure it's not "harmful"?

Netflix is also available from the Amazon App Store which should be pre-installed on the Passport.
    12-30-14 12:26 PM
    On both the classic and passport I am able to use fios app. Couple of things such as live tv does not work and the virtual remote controls are missing some the keys. Netflix works great with the exception of casting the screen to your smart tv. Worked for a couple of days on the classic and mysteriously vanished.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 12:49 PM

Snap is fine, it'll never be in bbw as it basically gives you the play store by fooling google into thinking you're on an android device. For more information visit the redlightoflove website.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    12-30-14 02:04 PM

You can download the netflix.apk using a website to download the app from the play store and then manually placing the .apk on the device and installing it that way if your really that security conscious and don't want to use any tools.
    12-30-14 04:09 PM
    Yes. I have netflix, dutch tv app to see live dutch television and missed broadcast. I also use my tv provide app to watch, record shows and to replay. It work great.

Netflix
    Attachment 324302

KPN online tv
    Attachment 324303
    Last edited by whatsever; 12-30-14 at 05:07 PM.
    12-30-14 04:53 PM
    On both the classic and passport I am able to use fios app. Couple of things such as live tv does not work and the virtual remote controls are missing some the keys. Netflix works great with the exception of casting the screen to your smart tv. Worked for a couple of days on the classic and mysteriously vanished.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't your Smart TV already have a Netflix App? All mine do.
    12-30-14 06:26 PM
    I have an Apple TV for netflix and a Dell tablet but the Passport is fine with netflix.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:20 PM
    I have netflix and I love it! But I have not tried live TV yet.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-30-14 10:34 PM
    Wouldn't your Smart TV already have a Netflix App? All mine do.
    True. Helpful if watching netflix on phone and want to switch to TV. Function is back working with latest OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 07:12 PM