So I've owned nothing but Blackberry's since the 8830WE...and each device I own gets better.

8830 to the Torch & PB combo to the Z10 and now the PP

Love the PP! Can't say enough... especially the USB OTG functionality. Love that most of all.... but this is the part that irks me.

So here's my scenario. When I travel (vacation) I have my netbook, Canon DSLR, Sony digital camera (smaller more compact) and my PB...and my phone of course.

Each day I would download the photos to the netbook as a means to backup and clear the card. But the problem with the netbook is that the hdd in the netbook is susceptible to knocks bumps etc etc which can ultimately damage the drive and lose everything. Solid state technology like our phones and tablets not so much.

Anyway, when BlackBerry didn't bring USB OTG to the playbook i was disappointed...but still, I use it. I would have loved to have downloaded the photos to my tablet, view, delete the bad, and upload to the cloud for backup

With the passport i can do that...connect a card reader to the PP download the photos and upload to the cloud etc etc.

Here's when I get kinda ticked.... I'm able to connect my Z10 to my PP via a USB OTG connection and transfer files easily.... you think I could do this with the playbook? Nope! Arrrgh! Why?!?!

It would have been nice but it ticks me off just a little.

I love the playbook, I know it's EOL, but you would think the PP would see the PB as big USB connection like a PC does.....

I'm done moaning....

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    02-18-15 10:44 PM
    Good rant. Would read again. Hope you feel better getting that off your chest. lol
    02-18-15 10:50 PM
    Ok....after my little ***** session I did a little digging around the app section and found WIFI File Explorer - free edition, and was able to connect my PB to my passport, zip my photos and download to my PB.

Not overly quick, but I was able to it!

Would have preferred a wired connection, but this has remedied the situation.

All is right with world.... the Playbook has a little more left in the tank after all!!! Whoop Whoop!!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:39 PM
    I'm able to connect my Z10 to my PP via a USB OTG connection and transfer files easily....
    Cool, I wondered if that could be done. Is that with a SD card, or can you access the device storage also?
    02-18-15 11:40 PM
    I didn't explore too much but I think it was just the SD card. I had my z10 on mass USB mode.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 12:38 AM
    I didn't explore too much but I think it was just the SD card. I had my z10 on mass USB mode.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it was because compu'er says nooo...

*cough*

Posted via CB10 on an AWESOME Passport
    sweb likes this.
    02-19-15 01:07 AM
    Tsaishen, thanks for being ticked and sharing the solution with us. I like to travel with just my Canon, PB and Z30. Will this work with Z30?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 01:31 AM
    It should, can't see why not...

I used this app...
    The little things that tick me off-img_20150219_064016.png

Was a little tough to navigate on the PB, but I think if I used a stylus or bt mouse it might be a bit easier.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 07:42 AM
    For the record, I'm not plugging the app... just a solution.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 07:44 AM
    Thanks a span.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 09:23 AM