09-29-15 11:59 PM
435 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    BlackBerry needs to work out all the bugs and glitches before releasing any new products. Sounds to me like a failure when you really take into account the true facts.

Posted via CB10
    I think most here will agree that they still love the passport, which means one of three things :
    1. The rest of the OS is so magnificent that the glitches and errors look pale in comparison
    2.these glitches and errors are not such a great deal and not very disruptive, and we know they will get fixed
    3. A mix of 1 and 2

:-)

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 01:02 PM
    I'm experiencing "glitches" (in the thread below) with my browser: blurry images on websites, as well as the browser shortcuts only working occasionally. Also had a couple reboots so far. And now in BlackBerry World, the option to pay via carrier is unavailable, which is frustrating since it's the method I've been using with my Q10. Hubby has my Q10 and same carrier as I, but he can use carrier billing...doesn't make sense.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=970988

Posted with my Canadian Passport
    Aamary likes this.
    10-25-14 01:42 PM
    Why can they not proof things before releasing a device? They built it, they should know the quirks that come with it. Why not just fix it with updates before releasing it. All the manufacturers are like this. They seem to release half baked devices which aren't even ready or should be out on the consumer market, all in the sake of competition with the other guys. If they really wanted to be the top manufacturer, they'd sort everything out first, then release the device.

So why can they not send us updates as the problems arise, instead of making us wait once a year for the usual OS update we get? Kind of weird if you think about it.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 01:44 PM
    And now my keyboard backlight isn't working at all. Sighhh...off to troubleshoot.

10-25-14 02:17 PM
    And now my keyboard backlight isn't working at all. Sighhh...off to troubleshoot.

If this continues after a reboot of the passport, just return then under warranty and get a new one. My keyboard works in the dark and it knows during the light not to turn on. Power saving feature I guess?
    10-25-14 02:23 PM
    Swipe to unlock sometimes just off the phone with BlackBerry support my phone wouldn't get past boot. Had to reload os and restore. A couple times my hub has been black and only upon reboot it worked.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 02:24 PM
    Why can they not proof things before releasing a device? They built it, they should know the quirks that come with it. Why not just fix it with updates before releasing it. All the manufacturers are like this. They seem to release half baked devices which aren't even ready or should be out on the consumer market, all in the sake of competition with the other guys. If they really wanted to be the top manufacturer, they'd sort everything out first, then release the device.

So why can they not send us updates as the problems arise, instead of making us wait once a year for the usual OS update we get? Kind of weird if you think about it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm cross posting this but Apple has problems with their iPhone 6 as well, every manufacturer, not only phone companies have issues with their first lots of manufacturing a new product or changed their OS in lots of ways. Apples iPhone 6 users are returning their phones because of rebooting for various reasons.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...turned-971115/

Is Your iPhone 6 Plus Randomly Rebooting and Suffering from App Crashes? | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource
    10-25-14 02:26 PM
    Swipe to unlock sometimes just off the phone with BlackBerry support my phone wouldn't get past boot. Had to reload os and restore. A couple times my hub has been black and only upon reboot it worked.

Posted via CB10
    Try doing a 4 45 degree swipes from the top right corner down to the middle of the screen to reset your hub. This happens from time to time, not lots and has been part of BB10 OS from the start. Each new version of the OS I find this happens less.
    10-25-14 02:38 PM
    If this continues after a reboot of the passport, just return then under warranty and get a new one. My keyboard works in the dark and it knows during the light not to turn on. Power saving feature I guess?
    I used the BVE before trying a reboot, to see if anything came up, and my light sensor failed. Restarted and backlight is working again. Hope it doesn't happen often...or ever again. lol Nope, power saving disabled. I bought mine from ShopBB and Digital River, and I seriously don't want to deal with them unless absoloutely necessary.

Does anybody know why the light sensor would flake out occasionally, and then fixed with a normal restart?

Last edited by SharonRD; 10-25-14 at 02:56 PM.
    10-25-14 02:41 PM
    To be honest this thread scared me a lot. I am somehow disappointed of PP because of these glitches and errors. I am really confused...
    I've had the passport for about a week and I have not noticed a single glitch or problem yet...

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:15 PM
    Software version 10.3.0.908. Getting random restarts and now the battery is overheating to the point the phone shuts down completely. Once it cools down it comes back on. I love the phone and am taking it back for a replacement since it's only a couple of weeks old. I previously had the Torch and it had a few issues that eventually got ironed out.
    10-25-14 03:41 PM
    They should make it harder to press the address bar accidentally in the browser when scrolling with the keyboard as the trackpad. Maybe they should autohide the address bar when scrolling.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD and EsJayDee like this.
    10-25-14 03:52 PM
    I'm cross posting this but Apple has problems with their iPhone 6 as well, every manufacturer, not only phone companies have issues with their first lots of manufacturing a new product or changed their OS in lots of ways. Apples iPhone 6 users are returning their phones because of rebooting for various reasons.

Is Your iPhone 6 Plus Randomly Rebooting and Suffering from App Crashes? | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource
    Just so you know, I don't have an Apple product. I use BlackBerry. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:52 PM
    Spacegrey5s - the post I made was for everyone in general.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:12 PM
    Nobody else noticed this?

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    Assuming that the A-Z sidebar was removed because of the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:28 PM
    There is a big issue with the keyboard
    There is no light if you are typing while the room lights are off.
    If someone has a solution please help urgently on my BB Pin 2BDAD7C1

Thanks.
    I do not have that problem. My keyboard is always lit in the dark.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 07:41 PM

The rebooting issues was one reason why I returned my iphone6. I had enough of my wife laughing at me as her flawless perfectly working passport was beating my iphone6 from call quality to better battery and better build and better looking screen that wide enough to see the whole picture. I could go on but being on a BlackBerry forum would be a waste since it is common knowledge that passport beats the iphone6 hands down. Not that it means much since the iphone6 is nothing more then a 2012 phone being sold in 2014.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-25-14 09:07 PM
    I would say there are minor glitches here ans there, but overall it's more than 85% satisfactory to me. Nothing major like bending bodies, poor batteries, antennagate, boiling hot android slab etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:24 AM
    Sometimes I can't unlock the phone with my finger...when I swype up, the screen stays freeze in lockscreen during few seconds, and I have to push on/off button and do it again. I have a friend with exactly the same problem.
    G.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:37 AM
    I have my Passport from 3 weeks already and I am completely disappointed from it.
    1. When someone calls me the ringing of the phone sometimes been choppy.
    2. Often when some known person(contact from my contacts book) called me it shows it like unknown person(only mobile number).
    3. Three time loosed mobile network connection without any notification( the network strength bar shows that it is connected), until I tried to make a call.
    3. Wifi, connect and disconnect constantly to the networks. On some networks it can't connect at all.
    4. Battery drains fast regardless of the bigger size.
    Sorry for my bad English.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 04:03 AM
    How about adding an electric shock grid on the back of the case? User selectable time period.
    It should dissipate the heat thru 2 prongs at the top like a stun gun! That would be awesome

CB10/Z10
    10-26-14 06:00 AM
    My contact app won't change to dark theme. As well, the font is too big and it is difficult to read when you open an individual contact. I have tried changing the font size in settings to no avail.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 08:13 AM
    For me:

Apps randomly close - a giant pain in the **** with Talk2Watch and my pebble

Swipe-Up unresponsive to turn on screen, especially when moving from flat position on surface, or while laying upright on a surface.

Amazon App Store stopped working properly - Fixed. Problem is when you download amazon kindle reader. If you use a different account on the kindle reader than amazon app store, app store won't initialize.

Virtual Keypad - closes all the time when trying to use, especially with numbers. The expand button also sucks and will have to hit 3-4x

Internet Search Bars (multiple websites). = super laggy

Touch Sensitive Keyboard - scroll feature not compatible with several websites (especially yahoo) ; not sure how it is affected with mobile sites. I have full desktop browser mode on

Shut off - if I put my phone in my pocket upside down, it has a wonderful way of finding the power button and turning my phone off.

Touch Screen Sensitivity - accuracy is an issue. I find myself having to try 3-5x on many occasions to hit the "x" to close an app, or have to tap icons/buttons within apps/OS multiple times for it to register.

Photo Password - accuracy is horrible.

Will post more if I think of them.

Posted via CB10
    Update:

-Phone goes to hub when opening apps (intermittent)
    Getting tired of opening apps and the phone automatically going to hub.
    Very bad with facebook.

-Also, phone has "wake on lift" feature enabled but rarely actually turns on when I pick it up.

-Swipe To Turn On. - Takes at least 3x to get the screen to turn on. I think it may be conflicting with the buggy Lift To Wake feature.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 08:40 AM
    i got my Passport two days ago. I spent most of yesterday morning trying to restore my Z10 data to the Passport and never got it to go. The backup from the Z10 worked fine, but I can not get the restore operation to work on the Passport. Firstly, Link takes forever to find the restore file (often it never finds it at all) and when I try to restore, It always cancels itself. I ended up using Device Switch app, but found that wasn't all that useful. I use Exchange for work email, contacts, and calendar, so all that stuff came over when I set up Exchange on the Passport, and I save most everything to the SD card so documents, videos, music, etc, were moved physically. I really just wanted my SMS and BBM chat histories.

I then bought Backup Pro to backup and restore my SMS/MMS chat history. I tried backing up and restoring just the BBM via Link, but that failed too.

Now my new SMS messages sometimes show up with the wrong contact - for example, I'll receive a text from "Ryan" and it says "Ryan" in the Hub, but when I open the message it says it's from "Ralph". Same thing happens in Blend. This reminds of the early days of Bridge on the Playbook, where the same thing would happen. You'd think BlackBerry would get this right by now.

I've also had random instances where I can not open any apps - a reboot fixes this. This has only happened where I was constantly trying to restore from backup, so I'm guessing the failed restore has something to do with it.

The Passport is my seventh or eighth BlackBerry and I really like it, but the above crap is getting really hard to deal with - seems to happen with every BlackBerry phone.
    10-26-14 09:17 AM
    Update:

-Phone goes to hub when opening apps (intermittent)
    Getting tired of opening apps and the phone automatically going to hub.
    Very bad with facebook.

-Also, phone has "wake on lift" feature enabled but rarely actually turns on when I pick it up.

-Swipe To Turn On. - Takes at least 3x to get the screen to turn on. I think it may be conflicting with the buggy Lift To Wake feature.

Posted via CB10
    Haven't had that first issue.

The second wake to lift issue, try keeping your phone turned over and also use it at the same time as "flip to conserve power". Worked well for me, but I preferred to manually turn on my phone every time

Usually it's pretty good for me, however I have noticed that it's somewhat harder to do it on the Passport just because out of habit I try to swipe from the bottom of the screen (where there used to be a bezel there on my Z10) but on this phone, you need to start just above the top of the keys, in the center (I have found personally) to usually get first swipe to work. I find starting on the sides or touching the keys cancels the swipe.

Hope that helps!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-26-14 12:03 PM
435 ... 7891011 ...