That's apparently about how BlackBerry sees it too. Kinda helps explain why they have the market share they have today!

Posted via CB10
    No I'm being realistic. Look at the iphone5 when it came out:

- apps couldn't take advantage of the bigger screen from the beginning, only after a few weeks did they solve that
    - antennagate with the phone
    - battery issues about it being too hot to hold so some people got burnt hands.

Iphone6:
    - bendgate and yes I have a friend who's iPhone did bend because he was smart enough to put it in his skinny jeans pocket
    - another antennagate this time you couldn't even make phone calls so Apple pulled the update.

Every new phone has nuances and issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:27 PM
    For me:

Apps randomly close - a giant pain in the **** with Talk2Watch and my pebble

Swipe-Up unresponsive to turn on screen, especially when moving from flat position on surface, or while laying upright on a surface.

Amazon App Store stopped working properly - Fixed. Problem is when you download amazon kindle reader. If you use a different account on the kindle reader than amazon app store, app store won't initialize.

Virtual Keypad - closes all the time when trying to use, especially with numbers. The expand button also sucks and will have to hit 3-4x

Internet Search Bars (multiple websites). = super laggy

Touch Sensitive Keyboard - scroll feature not compatible with several websites (especially yahoo) ; not sure how it is affected with mobile sites. I have full desktop browser mode on

Shut off - if I put my phone in my pocket upside down, it has a wonderful way of finding the power button and turning my phone off.

Touch Screen Sensitivity - accuracy is an issue. I find myself having to try 3-5x on many occasions to hit the "x" to close an app, or have to tap icons/buttons within apps/OS multiple times for it to register.

Photo Password - accuracy is horrible.

Will post more if I think of them.

Posted via CB10
    I have a pebble watch as well and I notice that the app closed at the beginning when I Got the phone, not anymore.

I haven't turned off my phone when it's sat upside down. It takes a lot of force to hold down the power button for 3 seconds.

I haven't had issues with the amazon store other than the apps aren't good compared to snap.

No problems with the virtual keypad whatsoever.

Browser is quick, I type all my searches from the browser bar so not sure what's going On With your phones

Have had no issues with closing apps.

Sounds like you might have a glitch screen, send it back under warranty and see if the next one is the same.

Watch Kevin's review he said it would take people awhile to get used to the keyboard and the phone in general. Everyday I get more used to it, 3 days now and I love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:37 PM
    Nothing major but I have noticed that touchscreen freezes for a second or so sometimes. I wonder why....is it an OS problem...??
    10-18-14 01:02 PM
    Realy ? I have issue.
    I can not stop loving PP.
    10-18-14 01:06 PM
    I've had swipe to type fail in the middle section (not left though)

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 03:41 PM
    Forward facing camera won't open (the one for "Selfies") message comes up: The camera can't be started.

Regular camera works great, but when I go to "Switch Camera" it craps out

10 OS 10.3.0.738
    10-19-14 10:51 AM
    Darn! I hope the Passport coming my way next week doesn't have these kinds of hardware defects.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-19-14 11:03 AM
    Darn! I hope the Passport coming my way next week doesn't have these kinds of hardware defects.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    Few of these things are real problems, many are usage choices, if I was king I would have done it differently. I look forward to trying the phones these guys produce

There are the occasional lemons, I was nervous but mine is great.

The form factor is different so new relexes need to be developed. Didn't realize how much I missed a PKB

Usage of the touch keybaord features are up to the developers. Eg Crackberry doesn't use it.

Some of these are good suggestions for updates and we will no doubt see them

I miss a few 10.2 features that where removed but 10.3 is very sweet.

Posted with my flash Passport
    Me2 likes this.
    10-19-14 04:35 PM
    Agreed. I have had a ton of problems actually getting my phone to lock properly. Sometimes when I lock it via the power button, when I press the button again it brings me to the home screen rather than the lock screen. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 05:16 PM

I did cut the sim from micro to nano myself. Could that be causing an issue.

Posted via CB10
    You do know that from the sim/micro-sim to nano-sim there is also a height difference ? The original sim is thicker than the latest sim version.
    10-20-14 12:18 PM
    Myver works on Z30, and I have no issues with numeric k/b. Sometimes I accidentally hit the alpha key, and it goes back to letters, but that's my problem,not BB10's.
    10-20-14 12:40 PM
    Wow. I was really excited to get my PP (due by Thursday). Now I am not so sure. Quite a list hear!!
    10-20-14 09:24 PM
    Wow. I was really excited to get my PP (due by Thursday). Now I am not so sure. Quite a list hear!!
    Keep being excited man, I've had this for a month now and zero regrets and zero issues with the Passport! These are the few that happened to be have little defects! It's 1000% amazing!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-20-14 09:26 PM
    Yeah I just updated everything before my sim went in.

I did cut the sim from micro to nano myself. Could that be causing an issue.

Posted via CB10
    I'd get a replacement SIM

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 10:00 PM
    There is a big issue with the keyboard
    There is no light if you are typing while the room lights are off.
    If someone has a solution please help urgently on my BB Pin 2BDAD7C1

Thanks.
    10-23-14 04:15 PM
    In Contacts, the A-Z quick scroll on the right of the screen is gone :-(

Posted via CB10
    Yeah miss that too :-(

Posted via CB10
    Me2 likes this.
    10-23-14 04:33 PM
    Any way to hide the complete bottom bar when scrolling (as in previous versions)? Right now it still displays the icons and everything, which is the absolute worst options they could have gone with. I'd rather they just show it all the time, it's incredible annoying having that giant icon in the middle cover everything as you scroll through the list.
    10-23-14 06:19 PM
    Actually I've had only a fewof these issues I'm starting to wonder if it is my device altogether. Also, the sides and back of my device heat up something awful, even if I'm just texting the phone gets hot. Before I put it off as just a new device but it's been about 2 weeks.
    10-24-14 01:08 AM
    I can share links with bbm but not with whatsapp, I had to copy paste.
    Pictures dont get large all the times when I click on them.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 01:54 AM
    First thing I'd like to say, if you guys who are having screen sensitivity issues are still using the film that the phone came with, take it off and you won't have those issues anymore.

Really the only issue I've had is with the browser. Fairly often it won't load the page I'm attempting to load. This mainly occurs with outside links, but also happens when I'm just browsing around too.

I've also noticed that the only way I can type multiple characters at once with the pop-up keyboard is if I hold down the "down arrow" key.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 01:58 AM
    Switching from Z30 10.2.1.3247 to Passport (10.3.0.1154 ) has anyone encountered these or wish to chime in:
    1) Simple password option not available so that a numeric 3x4 keypad would be presented to unlock device (i.e., can't get the 3x4 numeric keypad to show to unlock device);
    2) Flagged email items go into a new "flagged" folder in Remember app, but cannot seem to then be relocated into another folder, like is was in 10.2.1

what am I doing wrong?

Thx
    I've noticed this too with the flagged notes. It goes into a new folder. Not sure if I like that.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:35 AM
    LED notification issue - keeps resetting to off after restart:

Not sure if it's me or not but on my passport when I have restarted or turned the phone on, every time I have to go to notifications and switch the LED notification back on as it defaults back to off.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:49 AM
    To be honest this thread scared me a lot. I am somehow disappointed of PP because of these glitches and errors. I am really confused...
    Eno Karapici likes this.
    10-25-14 06:55 AM
    I may be stuck in the past, but I wish they'd go back to the awesomeness of flagging emails and tasks pre-BB10
    10-25-14 09:17 AM
    BlackBerry needs to work out all the bugs and glitches before releasing any new products. Sounds to me like a failure when you really take into account the true facts.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 11:27 AM
435 ... 678910 ...