09-29-15 11:59 PM
435 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    1. The touch keyboard does not always work. Sometimes I have to touch the screen first then the keyboard scrolling function starts working.
    2. You cannot use the passport touch keyboard with cold fingers and / or the phone is cold as well. Then typing is impossible. Keyboard does wired stuff then.

Try it out!
    10-26-14 12:23 PM
    Yes!!! This!!
    Its really annoying!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    Do you mean q10 or the passport because you said q10? Just wondering.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:02 PM
    I can't modify the camera's shutter sound volume at all and it's markedly louder than the volume I have for other notifications. I can disable but when I do that, I disable all sound. Also, I just tried to save some screen shots of wallpaper from another thread but it didn't save. I had to message them to myself and then save them.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:52 PM
    Forward facing camera won't open (the one for "Selfies") message comes up: The camera can't be started.

Regular camera works great, but when I go to "Switch Camera" it craps out

10 OS 10.3.0.738
    Update your OS. The current OS is PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418. I noticed a few minor glitches when I first got mine which was released with software version 10.3.0.738 but 10.3.0.908 was available about a week after mine arrived. I just had a few app stability problems and expanded touch keyboard stability. The first cleared up for several apps when they updated and the latter with the OS update.

If you have apps (likes CB10) where keyboard scrolling doesn't work, then you the app needs to be updated for 10.3 and Passport compatibility to include the new hardware and OS API's. I don't expect CrackBerry to do there's anytime soon as they are notoriously slow to provide updates, even for serious useability bugs. There is however a workaround. Go to Account and scroll up and down on the screen and then keyboard scroll works and stays when returning to forums. If you close CB10 then you will need to repeat these steps.

If you restored from a backup when switching devices from a different BlackBerry 10 device this will likely be the cause of some of your apps. If you run into apps that are unstable or are acting kinda funky try removing them and reinstalling. The fixed several of mine. Be warned however that you may not be able to reinstall. There were several I couldn't because they were not compatible yet. Searching BlackBerry World won't find them either until they are updated.

Posted via CB10 on a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-26-14 04:35 PM
    Pull out the Blackberry help section on the phone and you will find all the answers to your problems and more.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:11 PM
    Is anyone else having extreme difficulty removing their sim card?!! It's basically impossible to get it out once it's inserted. Someone please tell me I'm there is a way to get the sim card out without using the sharp knife I've been using. Lol.

Yes I'm using the passport!!!
    10-26-14 07:44 PM
    My contact app won't change to dark theme. As well, the font is too big and it is difficult to read when you open an individual contact. I have tried changing the font size in settings to no avail.

Posted via CB10
    I use the dark theme with all the native applications. To me it looks a lot better and it's easier on the eyes. When you change the setting to dark theme it does say that the application needs to be restarted before the changes will take effect.

10-26-14 07:46 PM
    Is anyone else having extreme difficulty removing their sim card?!! It's basically impossible to get it out once it's inserted. Someone please tell me I'm there is a way to get the sim card out without using the sharp knife I've been using. Lol.

Just push on the simcard. It is spring activated. It comes out so easily.
    n fact, changing the simcard (I do it several times a week!) is so much easier on the passport than on z30.
    10-26-14 09:25 PM
    Agree sometimes take few seconds to wake, after swiping.
    Also very difficult to enter password number with small keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 09:46 PM
    There is a big issue with the keyboard
    There is no light if you are typing while the room lights are off.
    If someone has a solution please help urgently on my BB Pin 2BDAD7C1

Thanks.
    I had this problem with my first passport.
    Run BBVE diagnostic. Free app by BlackBerry in BlackBerry world. Do a sensor test. More than likely your sensors aren't working. A hard reboot will fix that temporarily til it comes back again. My sensor fails kept on coming back to the point where I exchanged the phone with the carrier. Minor issue was dark theme in address book.

My first passport I used my z30 backup to load onto the passport. Some say it shouldn't be an issue some say it could. You're loading data from 10.2 on to a phone running 10.3. I found that when I did a fresh install of all phone data, settings and apps from scratch I have not had a sensor problem since and I have dark theme in contacts.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 09:58 PM
    Since update to. 908 I find the phone using more RAM. Just an observation not really an issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 10:00 PM
    Thanks... lights are working now and there is no issues with PP
    I think its the best BlackBerry so far.
    10-27-14 07:33 AM
    Anyone having issues with the default Web browser? I've been having tons of issues when I leave it as one of my active frames for a decent amount of time. Tabs not closing, pages not loading, things like that. If I close and reopen the app though, the problem I had previous does away.

I should mention that I'm not on the newest version of the os, update hasn't been pushed to me yet.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 12:32 AM
    The phonebook is not syncing with my car bluetooth and comes up with an error message. I tested Android and iPhone BT in my car and they both sync my phonebook. Because I can't sync my phonebook, I can no longer do voice activated dialling anymore. I'm driving a 2014 Nissan Altima. Please fix this Blackberry.

Btw, text, phone calls and music sync works great.
    10-28-14 01:47 AM
    Anyone having issues with the default Web browser? I've been having tons of issues when I leave it as one of my active frames for a decent amount of time. Tabs not closing, pages not loading, things like that. If I close and reopen the app though, the problem I had previous does away.

I should mention that I'm not on the newest version of the os, update hasn't been pushed to me yet.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately this has been an issue for me since 10.0+, never got fixed. It doesn't happen often enough for it to be that big of a deal, but it's nice that all it takes is a quick close and reopen.

It'd be nice if the browser could resume last session....

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 08:50 AM
    Only two thoughts after two day.

Bedside mode keeps the entire screen on slightly at all times. I'm sure this is because of the screen type as opposed to my Z30 which goes completely black.

No dark hub. Hopefully it will come in December with the next OS update.

Other than these, so far good.

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Passport Superphone
    10-29-14 09:01 AM
    Only two thoughts after two day.

Bedside mode keeps the entire screen on slightly at all times. I'm sure this is because of the screen type as opposed to my Z30 which goes completely black.

No dark hub. Hopefully it will come in December with the next OS update.

Other than these, so far good.

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Passport Superphone
    Strange mine does that only in bedside mode when it is plugged in, as did my z10 and z30?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 03:35 AM
    Sometimes my network connections show 3G or even 4G on one bar, but neither calls or data would work.

Not sure if the radio is not recognising the signal correctly or theres a glitch on what signal is being displayed on the screen.

Also had to reboot last night after making a few calls and the other person couldn't hear me.
    10-30-14 03:48 AM
    Neither do apple users

Posted via CB10
    Haha. You read my mind :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 03:58 AM
    Same here.. ever since latest update..

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 04:01 AM
    A lot of people leave that screen protector on that comes with the phone. My advice is pop that sucker off asap. It causes lag and miss's on keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what kind of screen protector you are using but any decent quality won't do that, I always have a screen protector on mine and never had a single problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 04:08 AM
    I seem to be getting more issues by the day. I have the latest OS version installed OTA.

Firstly, phone is unresponsive to input for a second or so after closing or minimising an app (i.e. Can't scroll).

Text messaging and blackberry world wouldn't open until I did a reboot. This has only happened once so far.

Picked up my phone this morning and all active frames were greyed out like the device had restarted itself over night.

Touch screen accuracy issues - I sometimes have to press an icon several times before it registers.

Assistant - when typing from the home screen to search, sometimes it ignores everything I have typed.

Pressing the unlock button sometimes it takes 1-2 seconds to actually unlock.

Apps will sometimes close randomly.

Posted via CB10
    Deckard79 and andy957 like this.
    10-30-14 04:25 AM
    I have these exact same problems as you.

I seem to be getting more issues by the day. I have the latest OS version installed OTA.

Firstly, phone is unresponsive to input for a second or so after closing or minimising an app (i.e. Can't scroll).

Text messaging and blackberry world wouldn't open until I did a reboot. This has only happened once so far.

Picked up my phone this morning and all active frames were greyed out like the device had restarted itself over night.

Touch screen accuracy issues - I sometimes have to press an icon several times before it registers.

Assistant - when typing from the home screen to search, sometimes it ignores everything I have typed.

Posted via CB10

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-30-14 04:30 AM
    Couple of things for me as well on last update (did wipe):

1) loosing call history, reboot helps, but happening again the day after.
    2) not displayed next event from calendar on lock screen, reboot helps, not happening very often
    3) it happened I could not open any message from HUB, it just returned to the list of messages, reboot helped
    4) android app sometimes not responding to back button. Rotatin landscape and back solves the problem
    5) volume buttons on headphones not working, not sure, bug or feature?
    6) some flash videos having issues, that if I seek, the screen is blank for some time, but video playing, you can hear sound, but no picture. It will display in 30 seconds. This is a problem of 10.3, because my Z30 with this version did the same
    7) once happened, that touch on the keyboard did not work, reboot helped

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:05 AM
    Subscribed

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:39 AM
435 ... 89101112 ...