I've also had random instances where I can not open any apps - a reboot fixes this.
    This is driving me crazy. Could it be the problems start after time/date/timezone changes? I never restored. Thinking of returning the phone over this hoping to get a replacement, just to rule out a hardware defect.
    11-03-14 02:59 PM
    referring to the post about last search word remaining in the search box. Just hit cancel and then magnifying glass for new search. Not much of a problem.
    11-04-14 02:12 PM
    This is driving me crazy. Could it be the problems start after time/date/timezone changes? I never restored. Thinking of returning the phone over this hoping to get a replacement, just to rule out a hardware defect.
    I had this for the brief time I was trying out 10.3.1...

Reverting to 10.3.0 resolved for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 03:09 PM
    No keyboard scrolling in a bbm chat.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154

Posted via CB10
    Hi,
    I too have the issue ,unable to scroll within a BBM window and furthermore from the Hub if you reply to a BBM message and you just scroll up and down randomly inside the window and then try to swipe to the right to go back into the Hub , it just does not work, it works only when you press the back button . Not sure if anyone else has experienced a similar problem.
    Trust its an issue with the OS Build.
    Regards,
    Divakar
    11-06-14 05:17 AM
    I have my Passport from 3 weeks already and I am completely disappointed from it.
    1. When someone calls me the ringing of the phone sometimes been choppy.
    2. Often when some known person(contact from my contacts book) called me it shows it like unknown person(only mobile number).
    3. Three time loosed mobile network connection without any notification( the network strength bar shows that it is connected), until I tried to make a call.
    3. Wifi, connect and disconnect constantly to the networks. On some networks it can't connect at all.
    4. Battery drains fast regardless of the bigger size.
    Sorry for my bad English.

Posted via CB10

Sorry you have having all these problems. PP is my second BB10 device and so far haven't experienced your issues. Hopefully you sort it all out.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    11-07-14 11:14 PM
    Couple of things for me as well on last update (did wipe):

1) loosing call history, reboot helps, but happening again the day after.
    2) not displayed next event from calendar on lock screen, reboot helps, not happening very often
    3) it happened I could not open any message from HUB, it just returned to the list of messages, reboot helped
    4) android app sometimes not responding to back button. Rotatin landscape and back solves the problem
    5) volume buttons on headphones not working, not sure, bug or feature?
    6) some flash videos having issues, that if I seek, the screen is blank for some time, but video playing, you can hear sound, but no picture. It will display in 30 seconds. This is a problem of 10.3, because my Z30 with this version did the same
    7) once happened, that touch on the keyboard did not work, reboot helped

Posted via CB10
    I occasionally had those issues on my Z10 running 10.2.1. So probably not a Passport issue but a software issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 06:18 PM
    Browser crashes occasionally.

Posted via Passport
    11-09-14 07:02 PM
    List of glitches and problems on the Passport so far:-img_20141103_203003.png

Posted via Passport
    11-09-14 07:06 PM
    Also get an inoperable browser fairly often, this coming in many different ways.
    One being that i can't use the touchscreen, only the physical keys.
    Another being that it seems like a "phantom" finger is on the screen causing it to zoom in and out when I'm trying to navigate, or it ignoring me pressing buttons.
    Pinching to zoom with two finger fixed that one, but it's still really annoying because of how often it occurs..

Both of these issues were present on my past Z10 too, across many different builds (and no, i wasn't restoring from BlackBerry Link)

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-09-14 11:06 PM
    I went to Tim Horton's today after having deleted / reinstalled the Timmy Me app and NFC payment worked first try.
    Can this app work at other retailers that have tap and pay terminals to check out with? Is this application exclusive to this one retailer? Does anyone know of a tap and pay application for the BlackBerry OS? Private message me if you'd like to further discuss this subject. pin:2BDB5FDF

Yes I'm using the passport!!! And I have a Note 4 as well. That must tell you something about how great this device is!
    11-11-14 01:31 PM
    My damn music doesn't continue playing when interrupted by a phone call. Example: I have music playing, someone calls ( I'm not by phone ) and I end up with a missed call and the music doesn't resume after. Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 09:15 AM
    I'm not sure but is it normal for the Passport to be uber laggy when restarted? Or I just installed 10.3.1.1016?
    11-12-14 09:31 AM
    Had my passport for just over a month now. Started noticing a few little niggles.

1. After a restart, memory card is not recognised. After popping the card out and in again it works fine.

2. Calendar goes crazy sometimes. Items disappear from week and month view (although they're present because they'll still show in the swipe down from the hub or in agenda view)

3. Homescreen randomly becomes unresponsive and freezes. Works ok again after a click of the on/off button up top.

4. Swiping up to wake phone sometimes opens up a random app. At first thought it could possibly have been how I was swiping, but then it's opened apps that are in folders.

So nothing drastic, just a little annoying and probably things which could be resolved with a software update. No build quality issues though. On the hardware side, it's solid as a rock

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:43 AM
    Well, I owned a Passport for two weeks and I had no issues with it during that time. I sold it three weeks ago and the person who bought it has had no issues. (Still kicking myself for letting it go but that's another story...).

My friend, who was looking at getting one, just told me today his boss has gone through 4 Passports, all returned due to keyboard issues (keys not responding). I was surprised at having 4 bad Passports back-to-back. Yes, anything can happen but that is some mighty bad luck. (My worse case was 3 bad Z30's back to back).

Anyways, it seems all these 4 came from Telus (oddly enough my 3 bad Z30's were also from Telus), so that makes me think there was a bad batch or something. All the more reason it seems to wait a few months when something comes out before buying so the bugs can get worked out.

Suffice it to say, he's holding off buying one for now which I can't say I disagree with. Even if the odds are low, it still sucks to go through the hassle of a return. Or use it as justification to wait and get the white or red Passport in December!
    11-14-14 12:42 PM
    Just an update on my situation. My 2nd Passport was replaced (it had a loose key on the keyboard). This new one I have seems to have Bluetooth connectivity issues with my car. I have an hour of highway commuting often and the phone will drop its Bluetooth connection numerous times on the drive. After it drops the connection a 3rd or 4th time my car is no longer able to connect to the phone at all unless I toggle the phone's Bluetooth off and then back on. I'm also unable to access the voice assistant any longer even though it's all set up in the phone to allow access.

I've had a couple z10s, a z30, two Passports and none have had this Bluetooth issue with my car.

Blackberry support has me submitting logs to them and I am keeping track of times this issue occurs but I don't intend to keep that up too much longer.

Any excitement I had for this device is gone.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-15-14 04:49 AM
    Just an update on my situation. My 2nd Passport was replaced (it had a loose key on the keyboard). This new one I have seems to have Bluetooth connectivity issues with my car. I have an hour of highway commuting often and the phone will drop its Bluetooth connection numerous times on the drive. After it drops the connection a 3rd or 4th time my car is no longer able to connect to the phone at all unless I toggle the phone's Bluetooth off and then back on. I'm also unable to access the voice assistant any longer even though it's all set up in the phone to allow access.

I've had a couple z10s, a z30, two Passports and none have had this Bluetooth issue with my car.

Blackberry support has me submitting logs to them and I am keeping track of times this issue occurs but I don't intend to keep that up too much longer.

Any excitement I had for this device is gone.
    It's tough to work through these glitches. Especially when it's a glitch with a main component of the device that we intend to use as part of our productivity. I feel your pain on this issue. The hype of a new device is often thwarted by the truth of all technology. It sometimes just doesn't work properly! Bummer!

Yes I'm using the passport!!! And I have a Note 4 as well. That must tell you something about how great this device is!
    11-15-14 11:55 AM
    I am going to wipe the phone and reload the OS and see if it works then...I guess that will tell me if it's software-related.
    If it doesn't fix it, this one is going back like the other 2 because it's not working as it should.
    11-15-14 12:39 PM
    After reading about all these "issues" with the new Blackberry Passport, I think I'll be reconsidering buying one for Christmas.

Perhaps I'll get a mint condition Blackberry Q10 on Kijiji instead.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 07:12 PM
    After reading about all these "issues" with the new Blackberry Passport, I think I'll be reconsidering buying one for Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    Get a classic. I'm waiting to get my hands on that as well. Why get a Q10? When you can have a all grown up Q10.

11-15-14 08:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's a skewed sense of logic considering there's a thread with people that are satisfied with their passport. It out weighs this thread.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by byex; 11-16-14 at 12:26 AM.
    11-15-14 10:08 PM
    Only issue I know of is more people not using it.

Post via BlackBerry Passport, the best damn smartphone thus far.
    11-16-14 12:17 AM
    Is the Blackberry Passport suppose to have the notification light lighted up when charging? Mine doesn't which makes me wonder if that is suppose to be the case.
    11-16-14 07:19 PM
    Is the Blackberry Passport suppose to have the notification light lighted up when charging? Mine doesn't which makes me wonder if that is suppose to be the case.
    There are options that allow you to turn it off or on. pin:2BDB5FDF pin message me and I'll show you how.

11-16-14 10:40 PM
    Toggle the LED setting on if you want led notifications.

11-16-14 10:42 PM
    OS 1151
    Some apps flickering make you impossible to use the app.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:33 PM
435 ... 1011121314 ...