So my Passport arrived Thursday 9th and after trying it out for a few days and getting used to the new keyboard and size etc, I'm starting to really dig it.

Only one problem that I've come across so far is that the phone will occasionally forget that there's an SD card inserted. I first noticed this when I received a text message and the notification had reverted to the stock original (I'd kept my custom tones on the SD card, now transferred onto the phone). On checking file manager, there was apparently no SD card present. After popping the card out and, the Passport then recognised it again.

This has happened a few times, particularly on startup (I turn the phone off overnight) but it also occurs at random points during the day.

Could it be a loose connection in the card tray? The card itself was previously in my Q10 for over a year with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    I see this happen oftentimes when an SD card is transferred from one long time host to a new phone. Dirt and oxidation can build up on the card and cause a poor connection on the new device. Try thoroughly cleaning the card and reinsert it
    10-13-14 12:10 AM
    My q10 every once in a while freezes up. I have to hit power button on top on/off to get it to wake up.

Sometime content keeps playing. So it's just touch inputs don't work.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:10 AM
    Ok, thanks! I'll give that a try.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:22 AM
    Attachment 303476

1 Contacts screen overlap
    2 small rubber seal near bottom of screen started to pull out. From swiping up with right thumb. Swapped phone at Andre's in Kamloops where I bought it.

Posted via CB10
    Reduce your font to no higher than 9. It will look normal again. I'm sure this will be fixed in the next update

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:57 AM
    Just type myver and when you hit space this will list your device model and OS.
    Good to know
    Thanks

Posted via ZED TEN
    10-13-14 01:06 AM
    No dark theme for contacts on mine either. You aren't alone....

Posted via CB10
    Contact dark theme works fine in the Rogers update.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:21 AM
    But the inclusion of the sim cover is not. It should have been a full back cover like the Z30 in order to accommodate the leather booklet case. Or it should have been like the Classic with iPhone-style pop-out trays.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    It works beautifully once you figure out how to open and close it. I did hit swap simcard in front of the Rogers rep. He was impressed!
    I also showed him live streaming of BBC world in HD after he said that the Beaches in Toronto was a low signal area...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:32 AM
    I have had the passport for almost a week now and have decided to fully put the z30 to rest.
    Have also tested and convinced myself that I can live without my laptop, except for X11 forwarding in linux. BlackBerry should write a good ssh app with X11 forwarding. The android juiceSSH is not secure.

Only thing that does not work is full screen mirroring to an external monitor on 16:9 aspect ratio from the browser in flash when live streaming TV .
    The browser does not have the 'play on' side menu option that the video player has.
    BlackBerry should fix this in the browser in the next release because streaming in HD to a large screen is a key differentiator for Z10, Z30 and the Playbook and the Passport cannot do it.
    All the other paid or free browsers do not seem to have flash, so they are useless for all the tv stations I stream.

Posted via CB10
    Steelsheen likes this.
    10-13-14 01:50 AM
    I really hope the guys at RIM are reading this thread and taking note on these things they need to fix.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:37 PM
    cannot separately disable notifications for whatsapp group from individual messages
    10-15-14 11:09 PM
    Got my phone 4 hours ago. Downloaded my apps etc with a few reboots here and there. Finally got annoyed and called blackberry. I've been on the phone now for an hour with tech support (from the card that was in the box). Nice guy but we're lost at what is going on. I tried to run some tests and the phone rebooted 3 times. The keyboard stopped working. It failed 4 of the 38 tests from the virtual assistant.

I just wasted 5 hours of my time with this device. I was told to wait 24-48 hours for them to check the reports that I sent them from the tests that I did for him. I asked if I could just return the device and get a new one and he wasn't sure. *facepalm
    10-15-14 11:42 PM
    What a nightmare. I just tried wiping the phone to see if that would make any difference. Nope. Random reboots. Apps don't work (like the CLOCK), and anytime I try and do anything, it reboots.

Probably the worst experience I've ever had with a phone. I called Rogers last night and they'll be sending me a replacement unit but if that unit turns out to be a dud, I don't know if I'll ask for a third. So disappointing. Loyal Blackberry follower. I've been at the NY launch of bb10 and I've had a BB since the 8800s. I wonder how converters to bb will take all these defects IF they received a dud.
    10-16-14 07:32 AM
    What a nightmare. I just tried wiping the phone to see if that would make any difference. Nope. Random reboots. Apps don't work (like the CLOCK), and anytime I try and do anything, it reboots.

Probably the worst experience I've ever had with a phone. I called Rogers last night and they'll be sending me a replacement unit but if that unit turns out to be a dud, I don't know if I'll ask for a third. So disappointing. Loyal Blackberry follower. I've been at the NY launch of bb10 and I've had a BB since the 8800s. I wonder how converters to bb will take all these defects IF they received a dud.
    I know your issue isn't the first one to happen, but trust me, wait it out for the working one! It's amazing and easily the best phone I've ever had!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-16-14 09:16 AM
    Mods; how come you guys are not stickying this?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 08:37 PM
    I have a weak signal on the Rogers/Fido network. My Z10 use to have a stronger signal.

Scrolling in CB10 does not work.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 03:52 PM
    Crappy deal to get a dud (your getting a new one at least) but unfortunately it does happen to every company regardless of who it is. I know the feeling of getting a dud, I've had the unfortunate experience with it (computers and phones). Hopefully the replacement will be good for you.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 04:03 PM
    I'm sorry you're having such a problem with your new Passport. Mine has been great and my signal strength on Rogers, (in rural SW Ontario no less) has been stellar. My Q10 never had such a strong signal. I even had service inside Real Canadian Superstore which is notorious for being a cell phone dead zone!

Hope you have better luck with your replacement!

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-17-14 04:09 PM
    I'm with Fido and my antenna strength has been better than my z30. See if it settles down a bit. Did you already do the update?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 06:15 PM
    I'm with Fido and my antenna strength has been better than my z30. See if it settles down a bit. Did you already do the update?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I just updated everything before my sim went in.

I did cut the sim from micro to nano myself. Could that be causing an issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 07:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    You could always go to the store and get a new one for free. Worth a try. I got a free one from Rogers when I got a new phone last year.
    10-17-14 07:49 PM
    Yes go get a nano sim. I got mine for $10 and it comes with an adapter in case you have to use a larger sim when travelling.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 07:49 PM
    For me:

Apps randomly close - a giant pain in the **** with Talk2Watch and my pebble

Swipe-Up unresponsive to turn on screen, especially when moving from flat position on surface, or while laying upright on a surface.

Amazon App Store stopped working properly - Fixed. Problem is when you download amazon kindle reader. If you use a different account on the kindle reader than amazon app store, app store won't initialize.

Virtual Keypad - closes all the time when trying to use, especially with numbers. The expand button also sucks and will have to hit 3-4x

Internet Search Bars (multiple websites). = super laggy

Touch Sensitive Keyboard - scroll feature not compatible with several websites (especially yahoo) ; not sure how it is affected with mobile sites. I have full desktop browser mode on

Shut off - if I put my phone in my pocket upside down, it has a wonderful way of finding the power button and turning my phone off.

Touch Screen Sensitivity - accuracy is an issue. I find myself having to try 3-5x on many occasions to hit the "x" to close an app, or have to tap icons/buttons within apps/OS multiple times for it to register.

Photo Password - accuracy is horrible.

Will post more if I think of them.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 09:34 PM
    For me:

Apps randomly close - a giant pain in the **** with Talk2Watch and my pebble

Swipe-Up unresponsive to turn on screen, especially when moving from flat position on surface, or while laying upright on a surface.

Amazon App Store stopped working properly - Fixed. Problem is when you download amazon kindle reader. If you use a different account on the kindle reader than amazon app store, app store won't initialize.

Virtual Keypad - closes all the time when trying to use, especially with numbers. The expand button also sucks and will have to hit 3-4x

Internet Search Bars (multiple websites). = super laggy

Touch Sensitive Keyboard - scroll feature not compatible with several websites (especially yahoo) ; not sure how it is affected with mobile sites. I have full desktop browser mode on

Shut off - if I put my phone in my pocket upside down, it has a wonderful way of finding the power button and turning my phone off.

Touch Screen Sensitivity - accuracy is an issue. I find myself having to try 3-5x on many occasions to hit the "x" to close an app, or have to tap icons/buttons within apps/OS multiple times for it to register.

Photo Password - accuracy is horrible.

Will post more if I think of them.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, I thought the screen sensitivity was just me, maybe getting myself accustomed to the extra real estate. But come to think of it, I do find that very often I must tap several times on the x just to close an app.

And it is freaking unbelievable how limited the touch sensitive key board is. I mean... you can't even swipe through multiple home screens with it? Come on BlackBerry!!!
    10-18-14 03:08 AM
    Wow, I thought the screen sensitivity was just me, maybe getting myself accustomed to the extra real estate. But come to think of it, I do find that very often I must tap several times on the x just to close an app.

And it is freaking unbelievable how limited the touch sensitive key board is. I mean... you can't even swipe through multiple home screens with it? Come on BlackBerry!!!
    Cmon guys it's a new phone, new OS, it has new nuances, gestures we all have to get used to. I find it hard sometimes especially first thing in the morning but it's so nice now not having to scroll all the time on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:10 AM
    Cmon guys it's a new phone, new OS, it has new nuances, gestures we all have to get used to. I find it hard sometimes especially first thing in the morning but it's so nice now not having to scroll all the time on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    That's apparently about how BlackBerry sees it too. Kinda helps explain why they have the market share they have today!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:01 PM
435 ... 56789 ...