I read lots of issues with linkedin on BlackBerry and I was wondering what other alternatives are you using. it was working fine and I was getting notification for new requests and direct messages but the app was throwing errors for reaching max... so I decided to un install and then reinstall. But now I don't get the error message but notifications are not coming on time. How can this make me a more productive person? Really very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 09:20 AM
    What issues? Care to elaborate them?

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    06-25-15 09:33 AM
    I'm only using the BlackBerry one... but I use it for very little and never had a hiccup. Generally speaking I use a computer for linkedin.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    06-25-15 09:33 AM
    The issue mainly is in regards to notifications. When someone sends me a direct message I might not get this message until I manually refresh the hub or check it from a PC. Also when a new contact is requesting to add me to their connection I don't get notified unless again I refresh the hub manually or wait few hours before it comes in and sometimes it doesn't even show on the hub unless I manually refresh.

Try it yourself as someone to send you a message and let me know if you get it instantly or after few hours?

I guess if the issue is only on my phone how do I fix it?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 09:38 AM
    Linkedin BlackBerry vs Android-img_20150625_234105.png
    No issues since OS 10.3.1. I'm now on 10.3.2 updated non destructively. I rarely get message and request but no issues with notification

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    06-25-15 10:43 AM
    This comes up every now and then. The  app is okay, but no where near other OS, for the same app. From searching contacts, potential connections, changing your image, laggy updates and slow loading.

Running the mobile Web version is better for some users than the  app.

 Classic
    06-25-15 12:01 PM
    I don't get notifications all the time. When I check it on the Internet I have a notification that I have a new connection which I didn't get on the app

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 02:29 PM
    No issues here.. I get email notification simultaneously with LinkedIn app notification.
    Linkedin BlackBerry vs Android-linkedin.png
    06-25-15 04:07 PM
    That's what's bothering me that the issue is randomly happening. It's not just linkedin it's with every app. BB10 is a step forward but it requires tones of improvement at meats to keep up with the demand. I have two managers switched from BlackBerry to apple just because most things requires a workaround. I understand that I can simply check the linkedin website but that's not practical anymore. I still have to deal with the passport for at least another year but after the year if these issues keep coming then I would have to consider a different brand. BlackBerry is a great phone but not in 2015. I don't care about tones of apps I just need a practical phone that makes me more productive.

In addition even if I rcv the notification and respond, when I go back to website the notifications still show as unread. This is a very bad design.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gilbertgk; 06-26-15 at 02:02 PM.
    06-26-15 10:10 AM
    No issues here.. I get email notification simultaneously with LinkedIn app notification.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LinkedIn.png 
Views:	2388 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	359423
    Mine are usually within an hour of each other but never had them instant.

Official PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-27-15 05:35 AM
    I use the native BB app, no issues at all.
    06-27-15 07:32 AM
    After having issues with the BlackBerry version, I installed the android app last night. Initial impressions are that the android version performed flawlessly. As far as notifications, only time will tell.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    06-27-15 08:14 AM
    The native BlackBerry App is honestly not very good.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    06-27-15 02:29 PM
    Linkedin BlackBerry vs Android-img_20150628_004150_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 03:42 PM
    The issue mainly is in regards to notifications. When someone sends me a direct message I might not get this message until I manually refresh the hub or check it from a PC. Also when a new contact is requesting to add me to their connection I don't get notified unless again I refresh the hub manually or wait few hours before it comes in and sometimes it doesn't even show on the hub unless I manually refresh.

Try it yourself as someone to send you a message and let me know if you get it instantly or after few hours?

I guess if the issue is only on my phone how do I fix it?

Posted via CB10
    I have had the exact issues with the BlackBerry version of LinkedIn

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 04:24 PM
    The people here that don't have issues with their linkedin are clearly either not heavy users of the app or don't have a clue what I am talking about. Because it's clear the app suffers with the push notifications. It will only provide notification hours after it actually happened.
    Test it yourself. Ask your buddy to send you message and let me know if you rcv instantly.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 07:49 AM
    I have the same issue with getting notifications late, however, I don't really care as I get the e-mail right away.

Anyways, I think LinkedIn is one of the better native BlackBerry apps. I use it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 08:54 AM
    Now I am not able to even send messages from the app. I have removed the app reboot and installed again so many times with same result. Can someone please let me know how to fix this.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 05:43 AM
    See my post (#8) with screenshot of notification... I get all my notifications simultaneously. Also, not sure what would constitute as "heavy user" for LinkedIn.
    The people here that don't have issues with their linkedin are clearly either not heavy users of the app or don't have a clue what I am talking about. Because it's clear the app suffers with the push notifications. It will only provide notification hours after it actually happened.
    Test it yourself. Ask your buddy to send you message and let me know if you rcv instantly.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 07:52 AM
    I have the same issue but only with messages. If someone wants to connect with me I get the request almost instantly. If someone sends a message I won't get it unless I refresh the hub manually. It seems like a settings issue to me, i.e program it to automatically refresh every 10 minutes but I can't find this option anywhere on the hub. Did anyone find any solution?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 08:29 AM
    I think the best option is to avoid using the native app and use the android version.

1. Install the android apk
    2. Add an account to the hub and choose linkedin

That way you will have the best of the two worlds. I am currently testing but only time will tell

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 11:49 AM
    My BlackBerry Linkedin app keeps on shutting down each time I try to launch it.

I did a restart, a hard restart and deleted the app and downloaded it again but still have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    07-15-15 05:51 AM
    I have this pop up too. Used to work perfectly before though

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 06:35 AM
    Hm after resetting my passport, LinkedIn cannot connect with bbm.....

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 01:40 PM
    I think there must be an issue with the app on 10.3.2 - I upgraded through an autoloader yesterday, and since then I've noticed none of my connections are showing in my contacts app, and the linked in app itself is asking me to connect with people I'm already linked in to.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 06:07 AM
30 12