1- Had an update a couple of days ago, so decided to backup my Blackberry Passport. No problem connecting, but when I try to make a backup, it will report 'computing data for backup' for several minutes and then report failure to complete back up, asking me to verify that the device is turned on.

2- What is available for backup of 'Motion' or 'KeyOne' that is similar to Blackberry Blend ' Blackberry Link? Or if Blend/Link are no longer compatible with latest operating system, what is available as an alternate?
    Really like Blend/Link.
    Thanks
    04-22-18 05:56 PM
    1- Had an update a couple of days ago, so decided to backup my Blackberry Passport. No problem connecting, but when I try to make a backup, it will report 'computing data for backup' for several minutes and then report failure to complete back up, asking me to verify that the device is turned on.

2- What is available for backup of 'Motion' or 'KeyOne' that is similar to Blackberry Blend ' Blackberry Link? Or if Blend/Link are no longer compatible with latest operating system, what is available as an alternate?
    Really like Blend/Link.
    Thanks
    BlackBerry Link is probably the worst software BlackBerry ever wrote. Total freakshow.

Thank goodness the BlackBerry Android phones make use of the Google Backup system, and does not require external software.

Use the cloud, use the cloud, use the cloud. There should never be information that exclusively resides on your device - that's a recipe for disaster.
    04-22-18 06:01 PM
    I have read quite a few complaints about Blend/Link, but I rarely ever had any issues; with either my Z10 or Passport. Worked with W7 and when I moved to W10 occasionally had to re-install after a major W10 update but that was all. Personally, I don't trust Google, or Facebook for that matter.
    04-22-18 06:17 PM
    Just wondering if the latest OS is showing up on BlackBerry Link? I have a minor issue with my MMS messages not going through on my device and I am overdue for getting some photos and such put onto a USB stick so I can get them developed. It would be nice for me to take advantage of the latest BlackBerry 10 OS that was released a few weeks ago. It would feel like going for an oil change on your car, your good to go for another 10 000 km's!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-18 06:49 PM
    Just wondering if the latest OS is showing up on BlackBerry Link? I have a minor issue with my MMS messages not going through on my device and I am overdue for getting some photos and such put onto a USB stick so I can get them developed. It would be nice for me to take advantage of the latest BlackBerry 10 OS that was released a few weeks ago. It would feel like going for an oil change on your car, your good to go for another 10 000 km's!

Posted via CB10
    You will only see it in Link if your carrier is releasing it. If you don't see it on the phone's own update screen, you won't see it in Link.

It seems that only the Canadian carriers have been issuing it so far.
    04-23-18 08:15 PM
    You will only see it in Link if your carrier is releasing it. If you don't see it on the phone's own update screen, you won't see it in Link.

It seems that only the Canadian carriers have been issuing it so far.

I have an unlocked SE Passport from ShopBlackberry.ca. I am hoping it's available, I tried looking on an over the air update but to no avail.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-18 09:23 PM
    I have an unlocked SE Passport from ShopBlackberry.ca. I am hoping it's available, I tried looking on an over the air update but to no avail.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried taking the SIM out and checking for updates over Wifi?

This seems to work for some people.

Posted via CB10 using my P9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    04-26-18 06:58 AM
    Have you tried taking the SIM out and checking for updates over Wifi?

This seems to work for some people.

I just checked again recently and it looks to have arrived so I will look at downloading it soon.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-18 02:27 PM
    I just checked again recently and it looks to have arrived so I will look at downloading it soon.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome, glad it worked for you.

04-26-18 02:32 PM
    BlackBerry Link is probably the worst software BlackBerry ever wrote. Total freakshow.

Thank goodness the BlackBerry Android phones make use of the Google Backup system, and does not require external software.

Use the cloud, use the cloud, use the cloud. There should never be information that exclusively resides on your device - that's a recipe for disaster.
    BlackBerry Link has saved me always when I needed it for the Leap, Z30, Z10, and my Passport SEs.
    04-27-18 07:24 PM
    I have read quite a few complaints about Blend/Link, but I rarely ever had any issues; with either my Z10 or Passport. Worked with W7 and when I moved to W10 occasionally had to re-install after a major W10 update but that was all. Personally, I don't trust Google, or Facebook for that matter.
    Exactly.
    04-27-18 07:25 PM
    BlackBerry Link has saved me always when I needed it for the Leap, Z30, Z10, and my Passport SEs.
    BB10 required a desktop app only because of its cloud limitations.
    04-27-18 08:07 PM
  13. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I don't like this version because bugs on parental control

Posted via CB10
    05-01-18 02:00 AM
    Has anybody else experienced any issues with this OS Version on Passport? I am having some issues with MMS text messages sometimes being delivered and sometimes not, it's strange. My battery life is going down slowly but that might be a factor of my phone being 18 months old and me being a heavy user.

I know it's mostly security related and I am hoping a few other minor fixes as well. I am overdue for a backup of my pictures and stuff so I am going to try BlackBerry Link.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-01-18 03:59 AM
    I disagree with your synopsis of BlackBerry Link & I surely disagree with your endorsement of ggl's cloud (as opposed to a BlackBerry Secure location), & I trust my data in my own hands as opposed to the hands of those known for selling an uncomfortable amount of people's personal information.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    05-13-18 09:54 PM
    Originally Posted by conite

05-13-18 09:56 PM
    Although I have just embarked on experiencing this update, it has been my experience with my Passport SE that turning off extra Android apps running in the background (look at the CPU section of Device Monitor (in the quick menu)) truly improves the performance, stability, & battery endurance. Also, reduce unnecessary hub traffic by reducing the folders updated &/or the refresh time for what's not really essential. Excess network features (NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Miracast, Hotspot) when not needed can also pull on battery endurance. It probably would not hurt to clear caches of different apps (such as the browser(s)). Another hidden factor in speed is the class of SD memory card; settle for nothing less than 10. I generally set my battery save mode to automatically engage at 57% of battery charge & to keep advanced gestures in play.
    05-13-18 10:15 PM
    BB10 required a desktop app only because of its cloud limitations.
    I disagree with this comment in that BlackBerry Link enabled BlackBerry users to use their own computers as their cloud solution. BlackBerry Link enabled BlackBerry users to save & to retrieve files to & fro their own computers whether connected via USB, via Wi-Fi, &/or via a mobile network connection -- & did so very securely. Although some try to say otherwise, Box (https://threatpost.com/box-com-plugs...e-flaw/122810/) & Dropbox were hacked (https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...8m-data-breach). The limitations were placed on the hackers & not the users. BB10 not only supports cloud technology, it also supports VPN technology, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, radio, Miracast, Bluetooth, 802.11ac, & Droid apps. It's advanced; not limited.
    05-13-18 10:35 PM
    I disagree with this comment in that BlackBerry Link enabled BlackBerry users to use their own computers as their cloud solution.
    I was commenting in regards to backups - the topic of this thread.

As far as the other connections are concerned, Link had nothing new to offer over the competitors - apart from a horrible and unreliable user experience in the majority of cases.
    05-13-18 10:46 PM
    Hi all,

This question is slightly off topic but in my case, I can't get my BlackBerry Link to connect to my phones and do anything. I never had the issue before on my Windows 10 devices.

I just want to save some photos so I can get them developed. I don't have an SD card installed so I was hoping I could buy one and than save them to an SD card, is that an option? Any tips or assistance is helpful.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-18 11:45 PM
    Hi all,

This question is slightly off topic but in my case, I can't get my BlackBerry Link to connect to my phones and do anything. I never had the issue before on my Windows 10 devices.

I just want to save some photos so I can get them developed. I don't have an SD card installed so I was hoping I could buy one and than save them to an SD card, is that an option? Any tips or assistance is helpful.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Why not plug in the device and use Windows Explorer?

Or use any number of cloud drives like Box or OneDrive?

Do yourself a favour and pretend that the dog's breakfast that is BlackBerry Link does not exist.
    05-14-18 04:45 AM
    Why not plug in the device and use Windows Explorer?

Or use any number of cloud drives like Box or OneDrive?

Do yourself a favour and pretend that the dog's breakfast that is BlackBerry Link does not exist.
    I am going to investigate some of those services here now that BlackBerry Links looks to be dead or dying a slow death.

The SD card thing would allow me the ability to just plug it into the machine where I am going to get my pictures developed and I have them all in front of me and select which ones I want.

Conite, would you be able to confirm if I can intact just pop in a SD card and save the photos to it? I have never used a SD card before in my BlackBerry.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 01:49 PM
    You sure can.
    05-14-18 01:50 PM
    You sure can.

Thanks for that! I still can't believe how many users have had BlackBerry Link problems. The worst thing is that this was a software designed for a smartphone that came out in 2013 and it's functionality is just the worst. I never had any issues with it until recently but now I see other users frustrations with it.

Without knowing much else, what does the backup and cloud storage service look for BlackBerry Android devices or do you just use whatever is available?

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 01:56 PM
    I am going to investigate some of those services here now that BlackBerry Links looks to be dead or dying a slow death.

The SD card thing would allow me the ability to just plug it into the machine where I am going to get my pictures developed and I have them all in front of me and select which ones I want.

Conite, would you be able to confirm if I can intact just pop in a SD card and save the photos to it? I have never used a SD card before in my BlackBerry.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I've done exactly that for years. Pearl 8100, Torch 9800, Z10, and now on the Galaxy S8 (yes, I'm no longer on a BB). Used an SD card in every one of them, and set the camera to save to the "media card" as the BlackBerry phones called it.

Just don't encrypt it.
    05-14-18 01:56 PM
26 12