I'm using an OG Passport. Do any of you also experience low volume when using line out as output? Like when I plug it to the aux port (using a cord) of a car's stereo, its volume is obviously lower compared to other phones like a Z10 for example.

Another instance is when I plug it to the aux port (again using a cord) of a bluetooth speaker. The volume would be lower than when I connect it via bluetooth.

Is there anyway to increase the line out volume of the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 06:19 PM
    It's not a fixed level line output jack, it's a headphone jack. You can adjust the media volume level with the up-down volume buttons.
    06-01-16 08:09 PM
    Yes, having the same low volume output probably when connecting to my car/boat decks. Have not heard of a fix yet.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 11:25 PM
    I noticed using headphones that my classic is louder than my passport. Which on a plane sucks.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 07:01 AM
    It's not a fixed level line output jack, it's a headphone jack. You can adjust the media volume level with the up-down volume buttons.
    That much I'm aware of.. My point is, assuming they're on the same volume level, the Passport's line out has weaker volume for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 09:58 AM
    That much I'm aware of.. My point is, assuming they're on the same volume level, the Passport's line out has weaker volume for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    I have found three different fixes for this issue.

One is to purchase an auxiliary chord with inline mic.

The other two
    Purchase one of the two following
    Sound Shocker
    or Sound Shocker Pro
    You can find them at soundshocker.com

I personally do a combination of both
    Auxiliary chord with mic & the sound shocker pro

Honestly the sound shocker pro is worth every penny.
    I plug into a stock radio in my car, and with sound shocker pro, it's as loud and thumps like a $500+ aftermarket radio now.

Here's a short little video I put together to demonstrate.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    06-04-16 12:27 AM
    Yes, having the same low volume output probably when connecting to my car/boat decks. Have not heard of a fix yet.

Posted via CB10
    I found a fix.
    See my previous comment to the OP.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 12:29 AM
    @shawnreum.. thanks for the fixes man! Watched your video and checked out soundshocker. I'm gonna check if it's available here in the Philippines. Will also look for an aux cord with mic... I don't think I've ever seen one before..

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 08:33 AM
    @shawnreum.. thanks for the fixes man! Watched your video and checked out soundshocker. I'm gonna check if it's available here in the Philippines. Will also look for an aux cord with mic... I don't think I've ever seen one before..

Posted via CB10
    Here's an example of one of those auxiliary chords with mic .....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U1U...UvbUpU12457790

Your welcome.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 09:02 AM
    I am still using my limping Q10 which I replaced with a PP due to the low lineout output volume. It's literally a whisper and shout difference between the 2 using the same exact music source/track, aux cord, maxed volume and car stereo. However after 'upgrading' to the PP it hurts to the depths of my soul to use the tiny Q10 screen. Wondering if i should splurge on an in-line mic aux cord so I can finally put the Q10 to very well deserved rest.
    11-17-16 09:00 AM
    Just curious if anyone having severe issues have their "Headphone Audio Boost" turned on?

And I would like to thank the post that shared the line in mic idea as well as the Soundshocker. I will be ordering both.
    Thank you

Line out volume-img_20161118_060534.png

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 05:06 AM
    Yes, audio boost is on. That's what I meant by maxed volume. Starting to wonder whether this is more of a hardware issue rather than a software one. Ive loaded several OSes and it remains the same.
    11-18-16 07:56 AM
    Yes, audio boost is on. That's what I meant by maxed volume. Starting to wonder whether this is more of a hardware issue rather than a software one. Ive loaded several OSes and it remains the same.
    Just curious if you've tested in different car radios and models with different cords?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 10:36 AM
    I haven't done that but if all other factors remain constant and the only variable changing is the handset to produce a different result I think that eliminates the need to change the other factors
    11-18-16 10:51 AM
    Sometimes I get low sound, so I unplug my phone then replug it, sometimes I get high sound.. pretty weird for my OG Passport

Posted from PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.746
    11-18-16 11:06 AM
    If your plugged in using auxiliary chord with mic, and you have headphone boost turned on, and the volume is still low, than I recommend getting soundshocker. Soundshocker makes a world of difference.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 08:56 AM
    I guess I should rephrase my question to: Is just the aux with mic solution enough to bring the passport to an output level that is similar to every other BB device I have ever owned? Or do I have to get the external $30 - $60 amp to achieve this? I don't need super loud. Just decent enough output that it doesn't make it sound like my OEM car speakers are tin cans like it does now with a normal aux on the Passport whereas the Q10 has pretty decent output in comparison.
    11-23-16 10:11 AM
    I guess I should rephrase my question to: Is just the aux with mic solution enough to bring the passport to an output level that is similar to every other BB device I have ever owned? Or do I have to get the external $30 - $60 amp to achieve this? I don't need super loud. Just decent enough output that it doesn't make it sound like my OEM car speakers are tin cans like it does now with a normal aux on the Passport whereas the Q10 has pretty decent output in comparison.
    I can't exactly answer that, as I came from a car system that had 12" speakers. And switching to a stock system was a major down grade to start.

But what I recommend is to try the auxiliary with mix first and than go from there. You will notice a small change from a standard aux, but not a whole lot.
    11-23-16 10:18 PM
    Just got my Sound Shocker and the line-in cord with a mic. It works so well I am very pleased and just want to thank you again for the info and tip on such an amazingly simple fix. Now I can enjoy my music and phonecalls in my Jeep just like my wife does in her newer jeep.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 09:05 AM
    I'm using an OG Passport. Do any of you also experience low volume when using line out as output? Like when I plug it to the aux port (using a cord) of a car's stereo, its volume is obviously lower compared to other phones like a Z10 for example.

Another instance is when I plug it to the aux port (again using a cord) of a bluetooth speaker. The volume would be lower than when I connect it via bluetooth.

Is there anyway to increase the line out volume of the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    I've experienced this on my SE when using the native music player. I have to use the Neutron app to make it thump.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.3.1435
    12-27-16 09:35 AM
    Haven't used Neutron myself but this might point to a software settings issue. With an upgrade to 10.3.3 though,I can almost swear there's a significant change in output as I'm not really going past 10 on my car volume dial to hear my PP anymore. Not sure if fixed or all in my mind
    Last edited by kumbafu; 12-27-16 at 12:45 PM. Reason: grammars
    12-27-16 12:41 PM
    Haven't used Neutron myself but this might point to a software settings issue. With an upgrade to 10.3.3 though,I can almost swear there's a significant change in output as I'm not really going past 10 on my car volume dial to hear my PP anymore. Not sure if fixed or all in my mind
    The issue is not software nor hardware related. Its set up related on purpose. The passport output is low powered but most car radios are looking for high powered feeds to be pligged into the auxiliary port.

If you want Passport to play louder, go get a shound shocker pro, or the sound shocker. I've tried Neutron and it was a waste of money for my application. Because I was using an Android app to stream music. And Neutron wont recognize the streaming app I was using. Plus Neutron is pretty complicated to set up. Where as sound shocker is plug and play without batteries.
    12-27-16 08:02 PM
    Just got my Sound Shocker and the line-in cord with a mic. It works so well I am very pleased and just want to thank you again for the info and tip on such an amazingly simple fix. Now I can enjoy my music and phonecalls in my Jeep just like my wife does in her newer jeep.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear your enjoying it and it's working well.
    It's night and day difference, isn't it?

And a good part about it, which I'm still boggled on....... No batteries required.
    12-27-16 08:08 PM
    My concern really was that the passport lineout lower than other BlackBerry devices I've had in the past and was wondering if there was a setting I was missing or some other such easy fix. I haven't had to plug my Q10 in due to frustration with audio since the 10.3.3 update so I'm thinking something must have happened with the upgrade to bump the output up, albeit not to the Q10's level when I tried with the same audio file.
    12-28-16 09:41 PM