Why are people using WEP?
    10-17-14 06:47 AM
    I was having this issue with a router at work. I logged into the router and saw that it was set to WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES], so I changed it to WPA2-PSK [AES]. My Z10 seems to stay connected to it now and I'm not getting the limited wifi error anymore. Also, if you have multiple routers in the area you should make sure that their channels are all different.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-17-14 07:08 AM
    It sometimes happen to me as well on Passport (and did before on Z30 as well). Wifi issues in general sometimes. At home working fine for 2 weeks and suddenly wifi connected, but no data. Other home devices are fine. Reboot of the phone won't help, reboot of the router did (Airport Extreme), but as I said, others were OK. Sometimes at work message with limited connection appears and wifi is disconnected. If I reconnect back in couple of minutes, everything is fine. I believe this has something to do with roaming between APs. On Z30 I had once issue, that I connected to wifi and Z30 was still asking to login to hotspot (although no hotspot at home), I tried everything, reboot of the phone, reboot of the AP, even modem, nothing helped. I was desperate and looking forward to wiping the phone, but it suddenly disappeared itself and didn't came back. Had many phones, but seen this only on BB10. It seems, that BB is somehow very pitchy about AP infrastructure. On the other hand we are having Cisco at work, so expect that Cisco would be flawless.
    10-17-14 08:18 AM
    Okay, here's an addition. I've found that when I'm home and using my comcast router/modem, that the phone is constantly dropping wifi. I've read into the issue further and discovered that the xfinity router broadcasts your personal network on the same channel as the "xfinity wifi" network that they create. This creates a conflict and the passport obviously is affected by it. When I'm on my work network it works flawlessly which is a normal residential wifi router and network.

Posted on CB 10 (Passport)
    10-18-14 12:16 PM
    So far no such issues with my wifi at home or work. On my Z30 I always had issues with wifi limited messages but *touch wood* no such issues with my passport. I'm using 10.3.0.1052 OS which came with the Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:24 PM
    I have the limited connection problem as well at home on my Z10 with 10.2.1; comcast xfinity router. Even when I don't have the issue and a full connection, Web pages constantly get hung up and don't load completely. I have to keep hitting refresh to finally get a page loaded. Sometimes it's fine, but this happens often. Very frustrating!!
    Also, I've recently been unable to connect at work or to local hot spots. Phone finds the network and prompts me to connect, but when I tap connect, I get the "your blackberry device is connected to the intetnet" message. It doesn't take me to the login page and I am NOT connected! A minute later, it detects the network again and prompts me to connect....then same thing... no login page, says I'm connected. I have to turn the Wifi off so it doesn't keep prompting me.
    What can I do about all of this?? The thing at home us especially annoying as I the phone shows I have the strongest connection to my network, but pages don't load. Sometimes I have to turn off Wifi and then everything is blazing fast (on verizon). Help!! Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 08:41 AM
    Does the logs on the router show any connectivity issues with your phone?
    10-19-14 09:36 AM
    I have some sort of wifi and cell issue where the two conflict when want to be on wifi. 10.3 Passport. LTE logo disappears and I cannot connect to some apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 09:50 AM
    How do you access logs on the router?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:00 PM
    How do you access logs on the router?

Posted via CB10
    Log into your router and it should be somewhere in the settings of the router. If not search for your router on the net ie the manual or something.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:02 PM
    Since 10.3 I have issues on the Z10, Z30 and also on my Passport. I'm using an asus N66U router and it's an OS issue. What is helping to fill in ip adres, dns , sub and gateway.

That works for me to stay connected or reconnected when I'm Coming home.

10,2.1 works fine on Z10 and Z30

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 10:49 PM
    Okay, here's an addition. I've found that when I'm home and using my comcast router/modem, that the phone is constantly dropping wifi. I've read into the issue further and discovered that the xfinity router broadcasts your personal network on the same channel as the "xfinity wifi" network that they create. This creates a conflict and the passport obviously is affected by it. When I'm on my work network it works flawlessly which is a normal residential wifi router and network.

OK so turn off the WiFi in the Comcast router, hook another Wifi router to the Comcast, and be done with it. I've never used the WiFi in my FIOS router, have had an Apple Airport WIDS network through my house and use the FIOS router as the gateway.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    10-20-14 06:27 AM
    I experienced this at my work today. The first time I logged in to the works internet, it worked fine for several hours, but today, after about 4 min it gave me that same "limited..." error and disconnected me. very frustrating. android phones and iPhones don't seem to have a problem maintaining a connection to the wifi. Connecting to wifi is such a basic thing, how could a communication oriented company like blackberry screw this up?! They need to fix this. how does one report bugs to blackberry?
    valer466 likes this.
    10-20-14 11:51 PM
    I've been having issues at only work too. I didn't have any problems before 3.0.
    10-21-14 12:48 AM
    I changed my security settings to basic WPA-AES at home and now it's working fine.

10-21-14 04:54 AM
    Blackberry Passport Solution:

If you go in to 'Advanced Settings' in the WiFi Settings, and unselect "Auto Ip" and manually enter in your information the Blackberry Passport will no longer get Limited Connection etc.

You should be able to go in to your router settings by typing in your IP address in to a web browser from a connected PC and see what IP address it is assigning your device and all of the information you will need to enter manually.

The Auto-Assign IP assigns an incorrect IP address causing this issue.
    01-06-15 12:09 PM
    Blackberry Passport Solution:

If you go in to 'Advanced Settings' in the WiFi Settings, and unselect "Auto Ip" and manually enter in your information the Blackberry Passport will no longer get Limited Connection etc.

You should be able to go in to your router settings by typing in your IP address in to a web browser from a connected PC and see what IP address it is assigning your device and all of the information you will need to enter manually.

The Auto-Assign IP assigns an incorrect IP address causing this issue.
    Does bb know this?
    01-07-15 06:49 AM
    A few helpful actions... for those with xfinity routers which also broadcast the xfinity said, either disable the xfinity ssid on your phone, or log into your xfinity account in a computer and under support/manage my wifi (or some such wording) there us an option to turn off the xfinity ssid. Thus is the only way to disable it, other than calling comcast and having them do it. Either of these will help jeep the phone from getting confused and switching ssid's.

Second... never use the default "auto select channel" in the router config. Most routers if they do this at all, check for best channel only seen they boot up. That could be the worst channel at certain busy times of the day. Pick a channel and set it manually once. You can use a free app like Wifi Analyzer to pick the best channel.

Third: make sure that your most important ssid's (wifi connections) are sorted at the top of your Saved Wifi list. There us an option to move an entry up one... keep doing so until the ones you care about are at the head if the list. Unfortunately new ones get added at the bottom. The sequencing is used as a search priority list when looking to connect wifi.

After making those changes I have had very infrequent wifi problems...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-25-15 08:16 PM
    Ok , correct settings for a good wifi for Bb..the same problem was on a 9900 bold..

1-Disable wireless qos wmm(wifi multimedia), or Bb connect but is impossible to access internet !!!
    2-transmission is mixed n g b

Now you can use your connection at full speed
    01-26-15 03:54 AM
    dude scorpion931024, where are ya??!!!
    01-28-15 06:36 PM
45 12