Guys,

I am sick of this, my wifi at work does connect but for barely 4 or 5 minutes then disconnects after saying limited connection error. I used to have the same problem with my BB Q10 before the passport but hoped new system might resolve this. I have spoken to my work people and IT guys it is not from there side. I have tried keeping data services off, a common fix on the forums. But still no luck..

It is on 2.4GHz, auto IP .. etc..

Please, a fix for this issue would be great!
    09-29-14 08:45 AM
    You realize the Limited Wi-Fi message is also valid when your Wi-Fi Internet goes down, right? Just because you're seeing this message doesn't mean it's a phone problem, especially if you're on the Passport since BlackBerry already said this was resolved in 10.3. All I can say is on my Q10 running the Beta Zone 10.3, I haven't seen this message except once, when my Internet was actually down.
    Aahleksh likes this.
    09-29-14 09:15 AM
    Guys,

I am sick of this, my wifi at work does connect but for barely 4 or 5 minutes then disconnects after saying limited connection error. I used to have the same problem with my BB Q10 before the passport but hoped new system might resolve this. I have spoken to my work people and IT guys it is not from there side. I have tried keeping data services off, a common fix on the forums. But still no luck..

It is on 2.4GHz, auto IP .. etc..

Please, a fix for this issue would be great!
    is there any censorship in your country? restricted sites or something? that happens in only 1 situation which could happen in many different ways. here it goes:

"whenever your phone tests your internet connection to see if everything works just fine, and got redirected to any webpage other than the one trying to open, you'll get LIMITED CONNECTION error"

but why you have to be redirected?

1. your traffic or service period is over and your wifi carrier redirects you by opening any pages, to a page stating "your credit is not enough" or whatever...

2. you connect to a hotspot or network for first time, and it redirects you to a page just to say "welcome!" and show you the rules for using that network or what ever...(in this case, you may get that error even after first time, because redirection takes place by giving you a fake DNS record which assigns their desired IP address to your desired web page, so you have to clear your DNS cache or reload that page to save the new DNS record, pointing to the right IP address.)

3.you maybe restricted to view some web pages our even BlackBerry services, which that takes place by a fake DNS record too! it gives you a record pointing to IP address which says "Access Denied, you don't have premission ...."

that's the facts about networking and redirection, and I experienced the same way, but disconnection is another concern! you have to test another blackberry in the same network
    jgrobertson likes this.
    09-29-14 09:17 AM
    You realize the Limited Wi-Fi message is also valid when your Wi-Fi Internet goes down, right? Just because you're seeing this message doesn't mean it's a phone problem, especially if you're on the Passport since BlackBerry already said this was resolved in 10.3. All I can say is on my Q10 running the Beta Zone 10.3, I haven't seen this message except once, when my Internet was actually down.

Hey I know that, but this happens all the time and like I said it connects and disconnects after 4 or 5 minutes. The internet at my work is actually very stable with all employees OTHER smartphones connected and working fine. So yes, it is my phone's issue.
    09-29-14 09:31 AM
    is there any censorship in your country? restricted sites or something? that happens in only 1 situation which could happen in many different ways. here it goes:

"whenever your phone tests your internet connection to see if everything works just fine, and got redirected to any webpage other than the one trying to open, you'll get LIMITED CONNECTION error"

but why you have to be redirected?

1. your traffic or service period is over and your wifi carrier redirects you by opening any pages, to a page stating "your credit is not enough" or whatever...

2. you connect to a hotspot or network for first time, and it redirects you to a page just to say "welcome!" and show you the rules for using that network or what ever...(in this case, you may get that error even after first time, because redirection takes place by giving you a fake DNS record which assigns their desired IP address to your desired web page, so you have to clear your DNS cache or reload that page to save the new DNS record, pointing to the right IP address.)

3.you maybe restricted to view some web pages our even BlackBerry services, which that takes place by a fake DNS record too! it gives you a record pointing to IP address which says "Access Denied, you don't have premission ...."

that's the facts about networking and redirection, and I experienced the same way, but disconnection is another concern! you have to test another blackberry in the same network
    No my wifi connects everywhere else, my work is the issue.
    09-29-14 09:31 AM
    Have you tried connecting in airplane mode, or with the cell radios OFF?
    09-29-14 09:55 AM
    do your other co-workers bbry's connect to wifi just fine, or are you the only one with bbrry?
    09-29-14 09:58 AM
    No my wifi connects everywhere else, my work is the issue.
    so it happens on the work network? aside redirects and connection timeouts, (exactly as you mentioned, work networks are so stable)..so...

1. how many wifi networks are there? I mean when you try to connect to work network, do you see any other SSIDs?

2. ask your IT professional, is your wifi router bandwidth set as a single frequency channel? or is a fat channel? (for example channels between 6-11) NOTE!!: fat channels, increase bandwidth but reduce range significantly instead, single channels enhance range and stability by reducing bandwidth.

there is something named "channel overlapping", when other SSIDs start to broadcast on the same channel or range of frequencies. to overcome this, SSIDs nearby should be set on different channels ( regularly between 1-11) or different frequency ranges (like 1-5 and 6-11) to avoid interference. you can check this out by using "inSSIDer" for windows, trial version are available.
    still another problem which happens for me! there are new routers which introduce more new frequency channels like channel 12 and 13 (D-Link 2570U) to help you stay connected in environments with more interference in existing channels. when you set your channel to 13 for example, you get better range and signal quality for notebooks and connection may drop for mobile devices even if you're facing the router!

talk to your IT professional and ask this questions... come back and report the results

Regards
    09-29-14 10:07 AM
    do your other co-workers bbry's connect to wifi just fine, or are you the only one with bbrry?
    Only my BB, and I am the only with with BB10.
    09-29-14 10:08 AM
    I have the same issue with a number of other networks, including two 'home' networks that I'm connected to a lot of the time. Could be a 10.2.1/10.3(beta) issue? Here I'm on a Z10, though I've had this issue for a long while now....
    09-29-14 10:11 AM
    Same EXACT issue as my Q10, thought it would be fixed on the new ones..

Happens to all 3 Q10's and 1 Z10 at my office. Also happens at home on occasion.
    09-29-14 10:24 AM
    Only my BB, and I am the only with with BB10.
    Once again -- have you tried with cell radios OFF. Have seen SIM data interfere with wifi connections in the past.
    09-29-14 10:29 AM
    Disappointing, was hoping this issue was fixed with 10.3
    09-29-14 10:47 AM
    Once again -- have you tried with cell radios OFF. Have seen SIM data interfere with wifi connections in the past.
    Tried cell readio off, airplane mode, tried everything!
    09-29-14 10:48 AM
    These issues have been known happen because the bb server it checks in with isn't available
    anon(377288) likes this.
    09-29-14 10:54 AM
    That's cause your connection is too bad

Z10 stl100-1 / 10.3.0.1052
    09-29-14 10:57 AM
    These issues have been known happen because the bb server it checks in with isn't available
    All...This is most likely the issue and could be caused by an number of reasons. Internet filtering at ones work could limit the connection to blackberry.com webservers, the ISP could be have a routing issue etc... Almost anytime you get this on a blackberry device it is because the Blackberry webservers are not reachable. I am not sure what protocol/service is used to verify this, but I am thinking that it is http over port 80.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-29-14 11:00 AM
    All...This is most likely the issue and could be caused by an number of reasons. Internet filtering at ones work could limit the connection to blackberry.com webservers, the ISP could be have a routing issue etc... Almost anytime you get this on a blackberry device it is because the Blackberry webservers are not reachable. I am not sure what protocol/service is used to verify this, but I am thinking that it is http over port 80.
    Yes I think this is the reason as well, it only makes sense, anyway to bypass this or fix this?
    09-29-14 11:02 AM
    It would be nice if BlackBerry would give us an option in the advanced setup do disable the internet connectivity check. Not all WiFi connections are used for internet
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-29-14 11:10 AM
    Yes I think this is the reason as well, it only makes sense, anyway to bypass this or fix this?
    use a proxy or vpn!
    09-29-14 11:15 AM
    I'm having this same problem on a passport .1418
    10-14-14 03:43 PM
    OK, wiped. Fresh install on everything. Works fine now

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:00 PM
    Disregard my last. Looks like I'll be going through customer service to get a replacement

Posted on CB 10 (Passport)
    valer466 likes this.
    10-15-14 04:17 PM
    What type of wifi are you using? Ever since I switched from an old b/g router with WEP,.. I've never had this issue again.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 04:38 PM
    Newest router comcast issues with wep. The wep wouldn't connect, tried apple extreme and express, 5g and 2.4. Just did anther install of the leaked. 1418 and it's up and running but who knows for how long. Happens when I leave house and come back. Connects but doesn't recognize.

Posted on CB 10 (Passport)
    10-15-14 05:35 PM
45 12