Does anyone know how many: "Limited Edition" were made?
    Z10 - red - 10,000 devices(also was told 12,000)
    Z30 - black vs white ?
    Q10 - white & gold ?
    Classic - Blue (and bronze) ?

Passport:
    Gold and Black - 50
    Solid black on black - ?
    Red - ?
    Silver Edition
    Last edited by pat-wallace; 10-21-15 at 03:07 PM.
    10-19-15 11:18 AM
    I think I recall a single blue Z10 they made and sent to a rapper, also.

Anyway, Limited Edition has always been a term with a lot of leeway. Car companies often throw in around without a care.

I don't think the white Z30 was called an LE, although might as well have. You could call every Z30 accessory LE with their scarcity.

Do they actually call the blue Classic a LE? I didn't recall that but really can't remember. I don't think the black-on-black Passport was ever sold, was it?
    pat-wallace likes this.
    10-19-15 11:34 AM
    I was also curious why BlackBerry would keep making those red passport even though it's limited edition. It was $100 more when they first launched but now its same price.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
    pat-wallace likes this.
    10-19-15 11:34 AM
    I was also curious why BlackBerry would keep making those red passport even though it's limited edition. It was $100 more when they first launched but now its same price.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
    I think it's because it was one of the better sellign ones that they kept it going for a while.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    pat-wallace likes this.
    10-19-15 11:35 AM

Anyway, Limited Edition has always been a term with a lot of leeway. Car companies often throw in around without a care.

I don't think the white Z30 was called an LE, although might as well have. You could call every Z30 accessory LE with their scarcity.

Do they actually call the blue Classic a LE? I didn't recall that but really can't remember. I don't think the black-on-black Passport was ever sold, was it?
    I think I recall a single blue Z10 they made and sent to a rapper, also. - that was "LIL E" and he used a Z10 sticker to make it blue... not custom at all
    white z30 - i barely ever saw any, that's why I included it
    Black on Black - not sold as far as I know, which makes me wonder how many there are...
    Blue - Listed at LE here - and out of stock in ShopBB
    BlackBerry Classic Arrives in Limited Edition Cobalt Blue | Inside BlackBerry
    10-19-15 11:44 AM
    I think it's because it was one of the better sellign ones that they kept it going for a while.

I want BB to succeed - but if they let them go "out of stock" and suddenly theres 1000 more RED - i bet they sell fast ... anyhow I was more just curious to see if they made 10,000 LE RED Z10 vs 500,000 Red Passport ?
    10-19-15 11:45 AM
    I want BB to succeed - but if they let them go "out of stock" and suddenly theres 1000 more RED - i bet they sell fast ... anyhow I was more just curious to see if they made 10,000 LE RED Z10 vs 500,000 Red Passport ?
    Solely because of how many Passport devices they have sold overall, I would imagine that there are not more than 3 million Passport devices in the world. Out of that, I'm making the guess that there are not over 150,000 red. Keeping in mind, it was not sold globally like the black and was available off contract. Outside of the developed world, where BlackBerry has total **** market share, no one would buy the Passport. My guess is not over 150,000.

10-19-15 01:01 PM
    Well not no one but a vast majority. Which is actually worse.

I live in Asia and Blackberry is very scare here when a few years ago it was abundant however the reason why it's worse is because of the perception that Blackberry (and there VP or director or whatever of Asia SP which I won't say" just doesn't care all that much anymore.

There are many who would buy or want to buy but due to the lack of non grey market availability and accessories it's a tough choice to go for it. We have had press conferences here to announce things and then they never happened.

Solely because of how many Passport devices they have sold overall, I would imagine that there are not more than 3 million Passport devices in the world. Out of that, I'm making the guess that there are not over 150,000 red. Keeping in mind, it was not sold globally like the black and was available off contract. Outside of the developed world, where BlackBerry has total **** market share, no one would buy the Passport. My guess is not over 150,000.

10-19-15 04:26 PM

LE is a joke. I see LE in stores all the time, even on popular products that have been in production for 1 year or more.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 12:55 AM
    Who cares?

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    10-20-15 03:56 AM
    It actually depends on how limited it is. Gold and black Passport is limited. I don't think red Passport is. Solid black Passport is limited edition. I do have one. Never seen one in the wild. Red z10 is for developers, and you don't see them in the store. I won't call Blue Classic limited edition since I can get one any time I want.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 05:30 AM
    It actually depends on how limited it is. Gold and black Passport is limited. I don't think red Passport is. Solid black Passport is limited edition. I do have one. Never seen one in the wild. Red z10 is for developers, and you don't see them in the store. I won't call Blue Classic limited edition since I can get one any time I want.

Posted via CB10
    does the all black passport have a special pin?
    10-20-15 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry's limited edition Passports are only available through the BlackBerry shop an Amazon so I think it's a fair label.
    10-20-15 09:49 AM
    Frankly having only ever seen 2 other Passports in the wild... 1 OG and 1 ATT version, I would call all Passports limited editions lol

on the road with my BlackBerry
    BBRYQ10 and pat-wallace like this.
    10-20-15 01:23 PM
    Every blackberry is now a limited edition. So few people buy them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    10-20-15 06:34 PM
    Red is Out of Stock now on shopblackberry.ca

RED  Q5 SQR100-2/10.3.2.2789 on Telus
    pat-wallace likes this.
    10-21-15 08:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you truly have the ALL black... I'm interested in buying it.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry 10. C a d u c e u s
    10-21-15 12:31 PM
    Pat, what's up? If you don't like the device BlackBerry is probably shipping to you free of charge right now in this very moment or if it isn't exclusive enough, then just don't take it. Or better yet, seed it to someone here who will appreciate it. I really thought more of you than this, and I hope the attitude you are displaying is temporary. If it isn't, just drop the BlackBerry Elite status and choose a device and platform that meets your needs. Simple. No love lost. We will always be cool, but as advocates for a brand who has been extremely generous to us, this isnt appropriate at all, and in all honesty, it isn't fair to BlackBerry either.

Is the term "Limited Edition" a joke at BlackBerry, or just bad planning?

Does anyone know how many: "Limited Edition" were made?
    Z10 - red - 10,000 devices(also was told 12,000)
    Z30 - black vs white ?
    Q10 - white & gold ?
    Classic - Blue (and bronze) ?

Passport:
    Gold and Black - 50
    Solid black on black - ?
    Red - ?
    Silver Edition
    10-21-15 01:00 PM
    I'm excited to get a silver passport.

Just wondered how many limited edition units are produced.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 04:19 PM
    It certainly seems like BlackBerry Limited Editions are not very limited.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 05:37 PM