There may be another thread for this, but I haven't found it (and frankly, I'm too engrossed in playing with my Passport (TELUS) to search for too long).

There are lots of nice additions in 10.3 (which is almost as significant as the Passport itself). That said, apart from discovering some neat gestures like a two-thumb horizontal swipe in twitter to move between message modes (home, trending, discover), there are some niggly things that are NOT deal breakers but I find I already miss. Mostly, I'm wondering if I'm just missing settings somewhere...?

1. BEDSIDE mode: HOLY NIGHT LIGHT BATMAN! The keyboard dims off, but the screen is really bright. As a sensitive sleeper, it's really annoying. My Z10 went from bright, to dim and I could use it as an alarm. I can use the passport as a night light or dim reading light.

2. CALENDAR Emphasis on Busy days: I LOVED the way numbers on dates with lots of appointments would be larger. That seems to be missing (again, maybe I missed a setting somewhere). I REALLY miss it, because my calendar is so variable. Looking for little coloured lines is nice, but again, that instant visual really helped me triage my week and see where I had little going on to help schedule blocks of time faster. I like that tasks are there, but I'd forgo tasks in the calendar in favour of that emphasis.

3. LOOK: When people say "modern look" for 10.3, what they're really saying is "fashionable." All interfaces are kind of flat now, but I find 10.3's transition to "no depth" iconography and design is a fashion choice. Personally, I found that a little depth helps distinguish action areas. There have been a few times when I'm looking for the send or back button, or whatever...and it looks like just text on a white or light area, when in fact there's a button there, but it's just a shade darker (or lighter) than the background it's on.

Anyone else notice anything? And if I'm missing settings or something, please set me right!
    10-03-14 11:45 AM
    The growing numbers is a setting in the calendar...while in calendar, swipe down from top and select settings.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 01:45 PM
    I definitely don't have it in my settings. I've checked and rechecked. It's there on my Z10, but not my passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:04 PM
    In fact, I just found another thread here about the passport calendar not having growing numbers. So I'm definitely not alone.

Version 10.3.675

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:16 PM

apart from discovering some neat gestures like a two-thumb horizontal swipe in twitter to move between message modes (home, trending, discover),

!
    Wow!

Did not know about this. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:23 PM
    I'm surprised at the bedside mode issue. . .
    10-06-14 09:08 AM
    Thanks but none of the things are deal breakers like you said

Posted via the awesome power of BlackBerry 10 on one of my lovely devices probably my beautiful beast called Z30 or my great Q10 or my lovely Z10
    10-06-14 09:24 AM
    When I put my Passport into bedside mode the back screen is black and the clock is a very dim orange. I don't use it a an alarm but can certainly be set

Just my experience.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-06-14 09:30 AM
    It goes blank, as expected, when unplugged in bedside mode, but plugged it it stays on, again as expected, but doesn't dim at all. Just the keyboard dims.

That's the least of my worries...I'm finding I miss the growing numbers in the calendar the most.

Also had a weird hang issue this morning. It got stuck rebooting. But, it was fine after a 10 second hold.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 12:13 PM
    The bedside mode is a real annoyance. The light is so bright.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 12:44 PM
    I've discovered that unlike the Z10, when you are in bedside mode, pressing the power turns off the display permanently, whereas on the z10 it always comes back on after a short time.

I do love the passport...again, not deal breakers...just Niggly refinements that would be nice to see in 10.3.1 (especially growing numbers in the calendar).

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:05 AM