I got a temporary bug on my PPSE, screen got ultra bright, and bbve couldn't recognize the both sensors. A restart fixed it, but I just wanted to know if thats a known issue that sometimes or rarely happens

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    01-29-17 05:43 PM
    I got a temporary bug on my PPSE, screen got ultra bright, and bbve couldn't recognize the both sensors. A restart fixed it, but I just wanted to know if thats a known issue that sometimes or rarely happens

Had it happen once than her again, that was 2 years ago.
    01-29-17 08:53 PM
    Never seen that before on mine or my wife's (that I'm aware of) Passport in the 2 years 4 months since we have owned them.
    01-29-17 09:01 PM
    That has happened to me multiple times before. Restarts always have fixed the issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 09:28 PM
    Ok thank you guys, good to know that this is not a serious hardware problem

01-30-17 01:29 AM
    Ok thank you guys, good to know that this is not a serious hardware problem

No, it is not a serious hardware problem but can be quite annoying if the sensors not being in good contacts with the main board.
    Search this forum and you will find a couple threads on the same topic.

Posted from my  Passport
    01-30-17 10:26 AM
    Is there any way to fix it? I tried to put something under the shell on the mainboard and screwed it together, but it didn't helpt, it happened a third time.

Sure restart fixes it, but is there any other way? Or can I use my warranty to let them fix it or replace?

02-11-17 03:15 AM
    Any chance the screen screen protector could affect the sensor? My PP is about 20 months old, first 6 months I had the original protector that came with the phone. Then I replaced it with one from BestBuy (their own brand that they cut specifically to your phone, because I couldn't find an Invisible Shield to fit the Passport) and have had issues ever since. Extremely bright screen then the keyboard won't light up, slow to wake, phone rings and screen won't come on for about a minute so I can't answer a call...I have to reboot several times a day. Wiped and re installed OS and no change, maybe even worse.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-17 07:22 AM