I am just returning to the BlackBerry world after about a year hiatus. My last BlackBerry was a Passport and I just received a brand new one to use again. My question to you Passport users, is it normal to have a small amount of light bleed? I have a pinpoint of light coming in at the top left corner. Can only be seen on white or gray backgrounds. Do any of you have this issue? I don't remember looking or caring on my other passport lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 08:06 PM
    I just got a new passport via Amazon yesterday 7/20, there is no light bleed. Now I am concerned later on down the line my may start to bleed

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 10:10 PM
    I wouldn't think so. Mine came brand new from Amazon as well and the bleed is already there. Just a pinpoint. It won't grow, it's just the backlight coming out in a flaw with where the screen meets the glass.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 08:21 AM
    What do you mean with 'where the screen meets the glass'? Is it where the display area meets the black part of the glass? If it is on the screen, it could be a bad pixel. If it is on the black part, may be some pain broke off. If it is from the gap where the glass meets the frame, it could be first sign of screen lifting off.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 11:59 AM
    No, the glass is perfectly flat. I mean where the lcd under the glass meets in the corner. Top left corner, when you angle the phone like your are looking into the corner. It is the corner where the glass meets the black bezel, so not the edge of the glass.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 12:42 PM
    If it's between the glass and LCD I wouldn't worry about it. Unless it is Irritating to you.

If it is light coming out between the glass and the frame of the phone than send it back as you have screen lift starting.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-17 07:47 AM
    Checked mine and don't seem to see any light leaks - and I tend to be really peaky with this type of things! Maybe you should send it back?
    07-24-17 04:49 AM
    As you can see in the picture, very small in the top left corner.

Posted via CB10Light Bleed?-20170724_115700.jpg
    07-24-17 11:01 AM
    I'm going to guess yes it is some what normal. As my Passport has it also.
    But can only really see it on white or light grey screen. And only when I look from the bottom of the screen from a sharp angle of view.

Posted via CB10
    BigHulkDiesel likes this.
    07-25-17 09:33 PM