and last update, thanks for everyone that put in their comments and helped out just went out and ordered a new screen.... cause i don't want to ship it back to where the original owner got it from because its really expensive, and i don't have a back up phone to keep me up and running while my passport is down.... and that could be weeks, and since i use my passport for college.... that wouldn't be good... new screen isnt that much apparently... guess it is what it is.....

can anyone suggest a case that can maybe prevent this from happening again, or how i can avoid it?
    You don't need to buy a whole new screen. That's a waste of money since it won't solve your problem. You need to fix the adhesive that is bonding the existing screen to the frame of the device. Ideal adhesive would be something like 3M 5915 VHB tape. It is 16 mil thickness (about 0.4mm thick). You would take off all of the existing adhesive after taking the device apart (the bonding surfaces have to be very clean), cut the new adhesive to fit around the screen of the device (this has to be very precise), and then just reinstall the screen while applying some pressure just to let the tape bond. The only problem with all of this is that the thin 3M VHB tapes are expensive and come in large rolls. You definitely want something that is 16 mil or thinner since thicker than that is going to cause your screen to protrude too much.
    07-17-15 06:50 PM
    You don't need to buy a whole new screen. That's a waste of money since it won't solve your problem. You need to fix the adhesive that is bonding the existing screen to the frame of the device. Ideal adhesive would be something like 3M 5915 VHB tape. It is 16 mil thickness (about 0.4mm thick). You would take off all of the existing adhesive after taking the device apart (the bonding surfaces have to be very clean), cut the new adhesive to fit around the screen of the device (this has to be very precise), and then just reinstall the screen while applying some pressure just to let the tape bond. The only problem with all of this is that the thin 3M VHB tapes are expensive and come in large rolls. You definitely want something that is 16 mil or thinner since thicker than that is going to cause your screen to protrude too much.
    i dont want to take apart my whole phone, idk what im doing... ill let them do it
    07-17-15 07:24 PM
    Good luck with your repair.

I just got a replacement for the screen lifting a couple weeks ago... looks like this replacement is suffering from the same problem.

I believe it's from heat. With summer here, it gets pretty hot in the car.

I guess I'll be calling back in to BlackBerry support to get another replacement. Fugh...

Posted via CB10
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    07-18-15 03:43 PM
    Good luck with your repair.

I just got a replacement for the screen lifting a couple weeks ago... looks like this replacement is suffering from the same problem.

I believe it's from heat. With summer here, it gets pretty hot in the car.

I guess I'll be calling back in to BlackBerry support to get another replacement. Fugh...

Posted via CB10
    wow thats too bad, must be the glue or something i just ordered this case.... it seems to go around the screen a bit... aslong as i cant see the screen lifting... ill be happy lol....

lifting screen....-1.jpg
    07-18-15 05:31 PM
    wow thats too bad, must be the glue or something i just ordered this case.... it seems to go around the screen a bit... aslong as i cant see the screen lifting... ill be happy lol....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	363153

Can you tell us where did you get this case?
    07-18-15 07:23 PM
    Can you tell us where did you get this case?
    right from the CrackBerry store! here is the link for you! Trident Aegis Case (Military Tested) (Black) for Passport | BlackBerry Hard Cases | CrackBerry Canada
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    07-18-15 07:42 PM

Thanks, I don't think ShopCB carries this case in compatible model with SQW100-3.
    Last edited by heading4tomorrow; 07-18-15 at 11:40 PM.
    07-18-15 11:28 PM
    It's definitely glue related... I can see the glue when I lift up the screen.

To be honest... I've had nothing but problems with the Passport. I love this device but it's just a headache between this and the ambient light sensor issues when I first bought the Passport in October.

I'm quite sure that the replacement Passport will still continue to have this screen lifting issue. I'm a huge BlackBerry fan, but this QC is brutal.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 09:53 AM
    It's definitely glue related... I can see the glue when I lift up the screen.

To be honest... I've had nothing but problems with the Passport. I love this device but it's just a headache between this and the ambient light sensor issues when I first bought the Passport in October.

I'm quite sure that the replacement Passport will still continue to have this screen lifting issue. I'm a huge BlackBerry fan, but this QC is brutal.

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts that the causing of this problem if it's a glue things is when the phone get hot, everyone knows the the screen lift where the phone gets hot . I think I'm right!?

Edit : the fix will not be gluing the screen cause it'll gets hot and lift again, replacing the glue with this might work and never experience lifting again .. I guess.

Attachment 363306

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    07-19-15 06:06 PM
    Yup, as I expected... this replacement is lifting too. The hot weather this weekend was not nice to the Passport.

This replacement is going back to BlackBerry... ugh...

Posted via CB10
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    07-20-15 10:47 AM
    Yup, as I expected... this replacement is lifting too. The hot weather this weekend was not nice to the Passport.

This replacement is going back to BlackBerry... ugh...

Posted via CB10
    im just going to put a case on it, it covers the edges.... since i traded my z30 for this passport... the warranty is in netherlands, and i cant go weeks without a phone, use it for college and what not
    07-20-15 05:38 PM
    Screen lifted on my original passport. Got a replacement and now it's lifting again. Ugh.

Posted via CB10
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    07-20-15 08:33 PM
    Sad to say my Mom's red Passport bought in December 2014 is experiencing the dreaded screen lifting in the upper right hand corner. After reading all the forum posts about this problem and getting refurbs with other potential problems I'm advising her to use a little superglue on a pin and keep the passport under pressure for a few days to set to alleviate the issue. Hope it works...

Posted via my White Passport
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    07-20-15 09:12 PM
    The most probable cause for me is the use of the phone in the back pocket. I think that's what happened to mine. It fix it a little if you place it face down in a hard flat surface and make a little pressure on its corner, like a little tap to see which one is not touching the surface. Then bend a little that side and its opposite, VERY CAREFULLY, and keep doing it until all corners touch the surface at once. That way you ensure the phone is as flat as possible and then the screen does not protrude anymore... at least until you sit on it again
    07-21-15 08:42 PM
    well, just got my beefy case... going to get my screen tomorrow
    07-22-15 05:03 PM
    screen replaced...
    07-23-15 12:08 PM
    Can someone just answer the persons question? ^^^^ thanks. It's beneficial to learn of different reasons for screen lift and how to avoid if possible. Stick to the topic! And yes the model will/should since the at&t and unlocked version are physically different.

Posted via CB10
    Being a long time member here,ive also read that people who place their Passport in a back pocket and sitting on it has caused a warp effect causing the screen to lift.

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-23-15 03:14 PM
    There is only one reason for the screen to lift: the metal frame underneath the screen is bent.

I'm not going to opine about whether people bend the frame by keeping it in a back pocket or if the frame comes bent from the factory. Either is possible.

Using new adhesive or a stronger adhesive may work for a time but I doubt it will hold forever. The glass wants to be straight and will resist the adhesive until it becomes straight again.

If it happens, try to get it replaced under warranty. Don't mess with it yourself. You'll probably only make it worse. I doubt anyone would be able to successfully flatten a bent frame.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 01:23 PM
    Bending stopped after I started carrying Phone only in front pants pocket!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 01:29 PM
    update: replacement screen is still holding up in place... i hate cases though
    07-26-15 12:17 PM
    Being a long time member here,ive also read that people who place their Passport in a back pocket and sitting on it has caused a warp effect causing the screen to lift.

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    I've never placed my Passport in my **** pocket... and I don't own a pair of skinny jeans.

I'm sure it's heat related too... the device gets really hot and the glue adhesive no longer does it's job.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 02:51 PM
    I've never placed my Passport in my **** pocket... and I don't own a pair of skinny jeans.

I'm sure it's heat related too... the device gets really hot and the glue adhesive no longer does it's job.

Posted via CB10
    So what is not flat, the glass or the frame? One of the two has to be bent or else there would be no lifting.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 04:12 PM
    The heat causes the glue adhesive to lose it's stickiness...

if it was a specific bending issue, it wouldn't always be that exact same location... the bottom right side.

It's clearly a manufacturing problem. Ugh...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 12:58 PM
    The heat causes the glue adhesive to lose it's stickiness...

if it was a specific bending issue, it wouldn't always be that exact same location... the bottom right side.

It's clearly a manufacturing problem. Ugh...

Posted via CB10
    Not true. The glass is flat. The frame is not flat on the bottom right side. Consequently, there is a gap between the glass and the frame at that spot.

If both the glass and the frame were flat, there would be no gap even if there was no adhesive.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 01:11 PM
    My passport was flat and the screen was lifting in the lower right hand corner. You could push the screen back down into place. You wouldn't be able to do that if the frame was bent.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 06:55 PM
110 ... 2345