Take it from someone who's had 2 Blackberry Passports replaced for free already. The screen will lift if you carry unit in back pocket and then sit down on it.

Posted via CB10
    so where?
    07-17-15 10:46 AM
    The way to check if it's actually bent or warped is to out it next to another BlackBerry and check the back, not front. I heard some of them wobble when you lay them flat on table or other flat surface. This is indication back is bent or twisted.
    However the screen lifting seems to be pushed out so I am going to guess it's still battery issue.
    It's a shame BlackBerry did not acknowledge this problem or offer solution, if it's bending in pockets then maybe a rigid metal enforced case might prevent that from happening?
    But didn't we have people with cases report screen lifting too?

There was a huge thread on this, already....

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    07-17-15 10:53 AM
    Take it from someone who's had 2 Blackberry Passports replaced for free already. The screen will lift if you carry unit in back pocket and then sit down on it.

Posted via CB10
    It blows me away that people do that. Would you take your flat screen TV off it's stand and sit on it? Of course not, nobody would do that and if they saw someone doing it they would call them out for the ridiculousness of it. But somehow it becomes okay if the screen is smaller and they do it with their $600 smartphones. I don't get it.
    07-17-15 10:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I would think that would do it. I would never sit on my phone. Lol.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339
    07-17-15 11:00 AM
    If you look at the frame of the Passport, it's vulnerable to torque (twisting). It doesn't matter how strong the steel is if you're going to twist it like this. This puts tension on the screen which can not stretch so the adhesive will separate at the corner where the tension is the highest. It's most likely to happen in your pants pocket.

lifting screen....-passport-design.jpglifting screen....-screen-shot-2015-07-17-10.54.40-am.pnglifting screen....-screen-shot-2015-07-17-11.15.54-am.png
    Last edited by early2bed; 07-17-15 at 11:17 AM.
    ProjectBrett and lift like this.
    07-17-15 11:00 AM
    It blows me away that people do that. Would you take your flat screen TV off it's stand and sit on it? Of course not, nobody would do that and if they saw someone doing it they would call them out for the ridiculousness of it. But somehow it becomes okay if the screen is smaller and they do it with their $600 smartphones. I don't get it.
    That's hardly the same thing.
    07-17-15 11:07 AM
    That's hardly the same thing.
    It pretty much is. What part of someone's brain would think it would be ok to sit on your phone and not encounter some type of issue. Morons.

heading4tomorrow and lift like this.
    07-17-15 11:13 AM
    It pretty much is. What part of someone's brain would think it would be ok to sit on your phone and not encounter some type of issue. Morons.

The same people that guaranteed that the Passport couldn't bend. If Blackberry wants to make a claim like that then they better make sure the phone can't bend.
    07-17-15 11:14 AM
    Common issue. Design/manufacturing defect. Get a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 11:53 AM
    The same people that guaranteed that the Passport couldn't bend. If Blackberry wants to make a claim like that then they better make sure the phone can't bend.
    I don't care what they claim. You are a moron if you put your phone in your back pocket and set on it.

ProjectBrett and lift like this.
    07-17-15 12:19 PM
    Common issue. Design/manufacturing defect. Get a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    BB warranty is wacky, they say they have never heard of this and think im crazy... lmfao, looks like ill have to get ahold of the first owner.... lucky it still has warranty...
    07-17-15 01:08 PM
    BB warranty is wacky, they say they have never heard of this and think im crazy... lmfao, looks like ill have to get ahold of the first owner.... lucky it still has warranty...
    Submit your request through here https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...orm/shopbb_en/ and include info and pictures (you'll need to link to pictures as there are no attachments). You're much more likely to get service this way then by calling. Denial is the name of the game for BlackBerry.
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    07-17-15 01:47 PM
    Submit your request through here https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...orm/shopbb_en/ and include info and pictures (you'll need to link to pictures as there are no attachments). You're much more likely to get service this way then by calling. Denial is the name of the game for BlackBerry.
    thanks, ill give that a try, if not... i have to send it back to netherlands to get repaired/new one..... and ill be without a phone :/
    07-17-15 02:04 PM
    turns out that didnt work, lol... i got this message when i tried to submit it.

Our records indicate that your BlackBerry Smartphone was not purchased through the Shop BlackBerry online web store.

A number of support options are available to assist you, including both complimentary and paid support. Please review the options below to determine the best solution for your needs.

Contact your service provider or point of purchase retailer
    For complimentary technical support, billing inquiries, questions about warranty and repairs, or issues related to network connectivity, please contact your wireless service provider using the contact details found on your service provider’s invoice or website.

Visit BlackBerry Support and take advantage of our online self-service options:

Download the latest software for your smartphone - BlackBerry Software Downloads - Support & Services at BlackBerry.com - US
    Get answers to commonly asked questions in the community forums - Device Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Find step-by-step troubleshooting articles in the Knowledge Base - BlackBerry Knowledge Base
    Read insider tips and tricks in the BlackBerry Help Blog - Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    07-17-15 02:07 PM
    If you look at the frame of the Passport, it's vulnerable to torque (twisting). It doesn't matter how strong the steel is if you're going to twist it like this. This puts tension on the screen which can not stretch so the adhesive will separate at the corner where the tension is the highest. It's most likely to happen in your pants pocket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passport-design.jpg 
Views:	754 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	362934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-17 at 10.54.40 AM.png 
Views:	754 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	362935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-17 at 11.15.54 AM.png 
Views:	743 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	362936
    is this from a video?
    Oh man that's bad. I wouldn't want to twist my PP to test this.
    However, does AT&T model less prone to "twist" because it has a frame going all around as opposed to this model above which has just side brackets.
    07-17-15 02:43 PM
    well.... the warranty from where it was purchased isn't the greatest either... they can't send out a new phone, it has to be repaired.... to it could happen again...

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport. 
    07-17-15 02:44 PM
    Can someone just answer the persons question? ^^^^ thanks. It's beneficial to learn of different reasons for screen lift and how to avoid if possible. Stick to the topic! And yes the model will/should since the at&t and unlocked version are physically different.

Posted via CB10
    My friend had same problem but used to put it in his back pocket and sit on it.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 02:56 PM
    So sorry to hear this OP! I know Classic was made by Foxcon, was Passport made by Foxcon?
    07-17-15 03:01 PM
    So sorry to hear this OP! I know Classic was made by Foxcon, was Passport made by Foxcon?
    it's alright I mean it doesn't make sense to me to just send it back for them just to 'fix it' and not give a whole new phone

07-17-15 03:06 PM
    it's alright I mean it doesn't make sense to me to just send it back for them just to 'fix it' and not give a whole new phone

Whole new phone vs a fix cost a lot more! I agree though that it'd be nice to get a new one.
    07-17-15 03:20 PM
    Whole new phone vs a fix cost a lot more! I agree though that it'd be nice to get a new one.
    may just get it fixed here locally... no point sending it back over there for it to be gone for who knows how long...
    07-17-15 03:32 PM
    looks like im just going to save myself the time and get it repaired locally.... can anyone tell me what will need to be done? is it the whole screen or what?
    07-17-15 03:36 PM
    nevermind, looks like they just repair the whole screen.... that should solve the problem.... would a case maybe prevent this from happening next time?
    07-17-15 03:57 PM
    and last update, thanks for everyone that put in their comments and helped out just went out and ordered a new screen.... cause i don't want to ship it back to where the original owner got it from because its really expensive, and i don't have a back up phone to keep me up and running while my passport is down.... and that could be weeks, and since i use my passport for college.... that wouldn't be good... new screen isnt that much apparently... guess it is what it is.....

can anyone suggest a case that can maybe prevent this from happening again, or how i can avoid it?
    07-17-15 05:19 PM
    I wonder where are all those users attacking the iphone 6 for bending and now they do not say anything about this..at least Apple replaces the device if bent while Blackberry tries to find excuses not to fix it.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    07-17-15 06:03 PM
110 12345