I read the forums and this is something that appears constantly with people that have had this issue, including myself for which I had to get an exchange. I won't be surprised if it happens again as it seems to be a manufacturing issue with the type of glue that is used to adhere the screen to the device.
    wow, thats crazy! hopefully i can get something done about this since my device isnt even from canada... since i traded it for my Z30.
    07-17-15 08:13 AM
    wow, thats crazy! hopefully i can get something done about this since my device isnt even from canada... since i traded it for my Z30.
    It might not happen with your device as obviously it hasn't happened to every Passport owner, but it is an issue that has happened regularly, at least within owners here.
    07-17-15 08:14 AM
    Although my PP doesn't have this issue, is there a batch and date to which this issue is happening? I put my PP straight into a case from the box.!!

Posted via CB10
    Happened to me, and got a replacement,the original was Manufactured in Mexico on 08/10/14.
    07-17-15 08:16 AM
    It might not happen with your device as obviously it hasn't happened to every Passport owner, but it is an issue that has happened regularly, at least within owners here.
    mine is lifting in the top right corner, and basically all around it seems like
    07-17-15 08:18 AM
    mine is lifting in the top right corner, and basically all around it seems like
    I would call Blackberry customer service and ask for an exchange. But if you didn't purchase it and don't have an original receipt they won't do anything for you.
    07-17-15 08:19 AM
    I would call Blackberry customer service and ask for an exchange. But if you didn't purchase it and don't have an original receipt they won't do anything for you.
    the guy did provide a receipt! so god bless him!
    07-17-15 08:21 AM
    the guy did provide a receipt! so god bless him!
    As long as there isn't a different name on the receipt then you should be fine. If the original owners name is on the receipt they most likely won't honor it.
    07-17-15 08:23 AM
    As long as there isn't a different name on the receipt then you should be fine. If the original owners name is on the receipt they most likely won't honor it.
    oh well, that could be a problem.... sure i can talk to them
    07-17-15 08:24 AM
    Glue fix the problem, right?

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    07-17-15 08:26 AM
    Glue fix the problem, right?

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    wouldnt want to try it myself
    07-17-15 08:27 AM
    Hmm mine was 17/11/2014 so hopefully not in the same batch!!!!!! Mean time the phone is jst perfect although after reading about popping screens twisted frames I always carry mine in my inside jacket pocket or shirt pocket as a precaution and inside a Full Stilgut leather case.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 08:34 AM
    Happens when you put your passport facing outwards in your pocket. When you bend or do activities that flex your thighs, the passport bends ever so slightly again and again causing the screen to lift.

To fix this, bend it back the opposite way. Place your finger on the middle of the screen then with your other hand try to bend the phone gently on the opposite corners moving inwards. (not too much or the screen will break).

Now to prevent this from happening again, either keep your passport in your pocket facing inward or avoid activities that cause the phone bending in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 08:43 AM
    guess ill have to call BB and see whats up sigh
    07-17-15 08:43 AM
    Be interesting to see what they say?? Will a leather wallet type case help prevent this??

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 09:05 AM
    Be interesting to see what they say?? Will a leather wallet type case help prevent this??

Posted via CB10
    I called and they said I have to get ahold of the original owner, so I'll have to contact him I suppose... unless it can be fixed with some glue... somehow? and not sure about the case.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport. 
    07-17-15 09:22 AM
    I had this issue with my AT&T model. It was maybe a month old. I went in to the store and the rep said it was definitely a defect. She called at&t claims and they said, "he has to go through BlackBerry because this isn't a known issue". So we called BlackBerry and again..not a known issue.

The at&t rep again calls at&t claims and this time she gets someone that tells her it IS a known issue. 3-4 days later I have my new PP.

Attached is a picture of my 1st PP. It went into the body glove case when I took it out of the box and it never went in my back pocket. Unlucky I guess.

lifting screen....-img_7538.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 09:29 AM
    I had this issue with my AT&T model. It was maybe a month old. I went in to the store and the rep said it was definitely a defect. She called at&t claims and they said, "he has to go through BlackBerry because this isn't a known issue". So we called BlackBerry and again..not a known issue.

The at&t rep again calls at&t claims and this time she gets someone that tells her it IS a known issue. 3-4 days later I have my new PP.

Attached is a picture of my 1st PP. It went into the body glove case when I took it out of the box and it never went in my back pocket. Unlucky I guess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7538.jpg 
Views:	555 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	362902

Posted via CB10
    so I guess the real question is... can this just be glued down with a special glue? it would take a while to ship back to first owner then get a replacement... kinda need a phone for school

07-17-15 09:37 AM
    I carried mine in my front pocket at work for a few weeks until I got my Seidio holster but I always carried mine with the screen facing in. In case I bumped up against something, it wouldn't crack the screen.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339
    07-17-15 09:45 AM
    I called and they said I have to get ahold of the original owner, so I'll have to contact him I suppose... unless it can be fixed with some glue... somehow? and not sure about the case.

I figured that's what they'd say. Their warranty policy really is BS and a disservice to customers. Buying a phone second hand shouldn't negate the warranty. Good luck!
    lift and ProjectBrett like this.
    07-17-15 09:48 AM
    Happens when you put your passport facing outwards in your pocket. When you bend or do activities that flex your thighs, the passport bends ever so slightly again and again causing the screen to lift.

To fix this, bend it back the opposite way. Place your finger on the middle of the screen then with your other hand try to bend the phone gently on the opposite corners moving inwards. (not too much or the screen will break).

Now to prevent this from happening again, either keep your passport in your pocket facing inward or avoid activities that cause the phone bending in your pocket.

Posted via CB10
    But Chen guaranteed it couldn't bend.
    07-17-15 09:48 AM
    I figured that's what they'd say. Their warranty policy really is BS and a disservice to customers. Buying a phone second hand shouldn't negate the warranty. Good luck!
    I talked to someone at bell and he said he's had a couple people issue the same thing... he said asking as I have the receipt warranty is warranty.... and its forsure a manufacturer defect! so he said to call back and tell them I want to redeem my warranty, so I'll do that and see where it gets me

07-17-15 10:02 AM
    I carried mine in my front pocket at work for a few weeks until I got my Seidio holster but I always carried mine with the screen facing in. In case I bumped up against something, it wouldn't crack the screen.

Posted via Passport - 10.3.2.2339
    me aswell, always screen facing in I thought was best!

blambtn likes this.
    07-17-15 10:05 AM
    I read that issue was not due to bending but it was because of battery swelling.
    Could it be the way it was being charged? Overheating?

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    07-17-15 10:13 AM
    Take it from someone who's had 2 Blackberry Passports replaced for free already. The screen will lift if you carry unit in back pocket and then sit down on it.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 10:28 AM
    Take it from someone who's had 2 Blackberry Passports replaced for free already. The screen will lift if you carry unit in back pocket and then sit down on it.

Posted via CB10
    Do people really do that?
    Did it stop happening after your 3rd one?

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    07-17-15 10:30 AM
110 1234 ...