Anyone intrigued by this phone? Essentially it's like a full screen passport with android. While I'm loving the passport, it'd be nice to play all Google games and have all of the fitness and smart watches available as options. When the 4th iteration comes out I'll definately be checking it out.

Here's a pic of the 3rd iteration. Already has nice small bezels too.

LG Optimus Vu 3 F300 5 2" LCD 13MP Quadcore 2GB RAM White Android Phone by FedEx | eBay
    11-06-14 10:16 PM
    Blackberry should have released the passport kb and a full touch passport at the same time. Vu3 looks cool. Seems like a gimmicky buy though.

Posted via Q30
    11-06-14 10:34 PM
    The keyboard and email/communication on Android is a POS. Personal experience. The best that Android can offer in that area is a pale comparison to what BlackBerry offers out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and Spawn12 like this.
    11-06-14 10:37 PM
    The keyboard and email/communication on Android is a POS. Personal experience. The best that Android can offer in that area is a pale comparison to what BlackBerry offers out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed - but it's more of a media consumption alternative. Android may have crappy email/communication, but at least it can still do it - as opposed to the PP, where the only thing bugging me so far is regarding the lack of specific apps (mainly games, and the aforementioned smart watches and fitness trackers). If BB gets some compatibility, at least regarding devices like the Microsoft Band, etc, my main gripes will disappear.
    11-06-14 11:01 PM
    Really makes you realize why they stuck to the sharp corners and straight edges for the Passport.

The original LG Vu looked much better.

As others have said,.. it's not just the external shape that makes the Passport (in fact, it seemed to be a negative feature at first),.. it's the touch-capable keyboard, high density screen and 10.3 that really make it worth the while.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 11:03 PM
    Nope not interested at all.

Posted via CB10
    eduzojordan likes this.
    11-06-14 11:05 PM
    Really makes you realize why they stuck to the sharp corners and straight edges for the Passport.

The original LG Vu looked much better.

As others have said,.. it's not just the external shape that makes the Passport (in fact, it seemed to be a negative feature at first),.. it's the touch-capable keyboard, high density screen and 10.3 that really make it worth the while.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I thought that too - the rounded edges on the VU 3 give it a cheap look, imo - the first iteration looked far better, apart from the huge bezels on it. BB really nailed the design of the Passport - although I'm hoping that the PP2 shrinks all of the bezels so that we get an even smaller device with the same screen size.
    11-06-14 11:06 PM
    Rounded corners are ugly and that back button is even uglier! Imho

Loving my Passport!
    11-06-14 11:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Depends on one's needs. for some folks, BB devices do not provide the requisite communication experience.
    11-06-14 11:22 PM
    Anyone intrigued by this phone? Essentially it's like a full screen passport with android. While I'm loving the passport, it'd be nice to play all Google games and have all of the fitness and smart watches available as options. When the 4th iteration comes out I'll definately be checking it out.

Here's a pic of the 3rd iteration. Already has nice small bezels too.

LG Optimus Vu 3 F300 5 2" LCD 13MP Quadcore 2GB RAM White Android Phone by FedEx | eBay
    It's interesting. I tend to like new arrivals across the board, but not sure if this one really gets me going. I do have a soft spot for LG, though.
    11-06-14 11:27 PM
    I clicked on the picture and the only thing I can think of is ewww.

Android? Too fragmented. Used it for 4 years. Hated it. Force myself to like it. Couldn't get a grip on it. Left them. Won't look back. Goodbye weird looking green robot...or alien!
    11-06-14 11:47 PM
    Depends on one's needs. for some folks, BB devices do not provide the requisite communication experience.
    Respectfully, I disagree. I've owned and used Androids for a long time, and my second device right now is still an LG G2, and no matter what type of communication I'm doing, Android blows a big one. Even iOS is better in some respects.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 12:36 AM
    Respectfully, I disagree. I've owned and used Androids for a long time, and my second device right now is still an LG G2, and no matter what type of communication I'm doing, Android blows a big one. Even iOS is better in some respects.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't matter if you've used several platforms in the past. It basically boils down to your preference as there are millions that were former BlackBerry users but prefer another platform now. I'm a former BlackBerry user, I'm Android now and don't miss BlackBerry at all. It's not one being better than the other, it's just preferences.
    11-07-14 03:39 AM
    Nope not interested in it, mainly due to the fact it's running Android...simple as that.

It could be made out of gold or some other precious metal and I still wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Posted via CB10
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    11-07-14 05:34 AM
    It doesn't matter if you've used several platforms in the past. It basically boils down to your preference as there are millions that were former BlackBerry users but prefer another platform now. I'm a former BlackBerry user, I'm Android now and don't miss BlackBerry at all. It's not one being better than the other, it's just preferences.
    In a nutshell, this.

Communication is an evolving concept. Preference plays a large role in the asserting if tools needed for it.
    11-07-14 05:54 AM
    Even when it's a bit out of subject, I disagree... you can mention many bad things about BlackBerry but communication is not one of them... if something is right in that platform is communication... people left BlackBerry for many reasons, but handling emails and messages wasn't one of them for the vast majority... I can't imaging many people leaving BlackBerry in the past because the communication was poorly handled by the device... IMHO of course

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 07:59 AM
    Even when it's a bit out of subject, I disagree... you can mention many bad things about BlackBerry but communication is not one of them... if something is right in that platform is communication... people left BlackBerry for many reasons, but handling emails and messages wasn't one of them for the vast majority... I can't imaging many people leaving BlackBerry in the past because the communication was poorly handled by the device... IMHO of course

Posted via CB10
    Again, that depends on how a person communicates.

I know a few platform agnostic people that can't use BB10 exclusively because it doesn't have the communication tools they need.
    11-07-14 08:06 AM
    But do you think that would be the reason for the vast majority that left BlackBerry for another platform? As I said, blame and point out at BlackBerry mistakes or lack of features in other areas, but not as a communication tool... at least in that area they are world-class leaders, give credit where credit is due...

Again, that depends on how a person communicates.

I know a few platform agnostic people that can't use BB10 exclusively because it doesn't have the communication tools they need.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    11-07-14 08:23 AM
    But do you think that would be the reason for the vast majority that left BlackBerry for another platform? As I said, blame and point out at BlackBerry mistakes or lack of features in other areas, but not as a communication tool... at least in that area they are world-class leaders, give credit where credit is due...

Posted via CB10
    You can argue 'till you're blue in the face, they won't admit it. Yes, there is a universally "better" and "best" way to handle communication and BlackBerry wins here hands down. Where they are getting stuck are the supported applications, which mind you don't even factor in unless you're looking back maybe no more than 2 to 3 years. Not to mention that pre-Android 4.2 even the OS itself was atrocious (it still is in many ways). Regardless, like I said, they're confusing app availability with how the communication is structured/handled.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 08:54 AM
    You can argue 'till you're blue in the face, they won't admit it. Yes, there is a universally "better" and "best" way to handle communication and BlackBerry wins here hands down. Where they are getting stuck are the supported applications, which mind you don't even factor in unless you're looking back maybe no more than 2 to 3 years. Not to mention that pre-Android 4.2 even the OS itself was atrocious (it still is in many ways). Regardless, like I said, they're confusing app availability with how the communication is structured/handled.
    LOL... it's not about arguing. It's about mature, reasoned discussion. I don't think the rest of us are trying to win "hands down."

Well, the key is: how do you communicate?

My jobs entail 24hr reachability via all the major social networks, and frequent video-collaboration through Hangouts. I access and manage 2 corporate accounts that use Gapps for Business, and have 5 work accounts that are Gmail-powered (a few are group accounts). I manage corporate G+ accounts, and frequently send out MS Docs. I frequently switch between mobile devices during the day, and use a very unique dictionary that syncs to every device I use. I want dragon voice dictation, handwriting capabilities and the capability to type one-handed with my off-hand.

I need a platform that allows me to run two numbers simultaneously. Etc, etc, etc.

For me, "communication:" transcends just emails and texts. It's my bread and butter.

In a way, even if one says that BBRY is the best that ever done it, it's hard to argue that at the very least, BBRY created a situation where it's supposed email dominance was not able to keep users from moving on.
    11-07-14 09:23 AM
    Its another android...lollipop and later kickdonkey. Good for kids lots of games app etc. Not for me, not for work.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 04:11 PM
    Not! I am absolutely happy with my passport!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-07-14 04:39 PM
    LOL... it's not about arguing. It's about mature, reasoned discussion. I don't think the rest of us are trying to win "hands down."

Well, the key is: how do you communicate?

My jobs entail 24hr reachability via all the major social networks, and frequent video-collaboration through Hangouts. I access and manage 2 corporate accounts that use Gapps for Business, and have 5 work accounts that are Gmail-powered (a few are group accounts). I manage corporate G+ accounts, and frequently send out MS Docs. I frequently switch between mobile devices during the day, and use a very unique dictionary that syncs to every device I use. I want dragon voice dictation, handwriting capabilities and the capability to type one-handed with my off-hand.

I need a platform that allows me to run two numbers simultaneously. Etc, etc, etc.

For me, "communication:" transcends just emails and texts. It's my bread and butter.

In a way, even if one says that BBRY is the best that ever done it, it's hard to argue that at the very least, BBRY created a situation where it's supposed email dominance was not able to keep users from moving on.
    One can't argue that if you're on a Google platform, it's like any other platform that works, why move off of it. It fulfills your needs right now. I have to say though I've tried enough times google hangouts and it just doesn't do it for me. Hopefully BBM meetings will be coming soon and improve upon it and with Blackberry buying Virtuu there's the second phone number you're asking for.

One things for sure tech never stays the same and what works today for people may not work for them 5 years from now.
    11-07-14 07:37 PM
    One can't argue that if you're on a Google platform, it's like any other platform that works, why move off of it. It fulfills your needs right now. I have to say though I've tried enough times google hangouts and it just doesn't do it for me. Hopefully BBM meetings will be coming soon and improve upon it and with Blackberry buying Virtuu there's the second phone number you're asking for.

One things for sure tech never stays the same and what works today for people may not work for them 5 years from now.
    Well said.

Believe it or not, I'm not the biggest fan of Hangouts. It serves a purpose (multiple person videochat) for work.
    11-07-14 09:19 PM
    I love Android. It's my favorite OS and that's why I'm using my OnePlus One ahead of my Passport.

I can't disagree with anyone who says BB10 is the better communications device though. The hub is still genius, and email is second-to-none. As far as the keyboard? I type way quicker on a virtual keyboard than I can on the PP. And call me childish, but I like using emojis occasionally and I'm still shocked there's no support in 10.3.1.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-14 09:27 PM
38 12