My contract was up with Verizon and after trying the Priv for 14 days (coming from the Classic), I really didn't enjoy the Android experience, nor was I nearly as productive (even with all the apps at my disposal). So I decided I had to give the Passport a whirl. So I went out on a limb and left Verizon (which has been a fantastic network here in the northeast) for AT&T just because I wanted to try the Passport Silver Edition.

BEST DECISION EVER!

I'm a long time BlackBerry guy, but come on, this Passport lives up to the hype. So productive and a joy to use! I have received some strange looks when typing on this thing and absorbed a few jabs from my iPhone/Android friends as they play the newest game or check Facebook for the 90th time in an hour - but I have found my phone! This Passport simply makes everything easy. Phone calls are crisp and fluid, texting and emailing is a dream, the keyboard shortcuts save me time, the web browser leaves nothing to be desired, and my little notification light lets me know if I should be bothered or not.

So what? Just preference, right? Nope. I check Facebook/Instagram/Twitter less, which we probably should all do. I know when a message comes in that needs my prompt attention, and when to let my phone just sit tight. So I spend more time with my kids and wife and less time ruining my spine looking down at all the time wasting apps. I realize as I type this that I probably sound like a dinosaur, but I'm 36 and I need a phone to be a phone. I have an iPad if I need the current apps and games, etc. But otherwise I just need something that helps me live my life. The Passport is bar-none the best device ever made for this purpose.

Sorry to ramble, but I know BB is taking a lot of hits lately and some of you come here for advice on whether to come to the Passport. I would HIGHLY recommend the Passport to anyone, not just BB fans. The phone will make your life easier and you can get back to living it and stop being a phone zombie who checks apps and plays games simply because you can and everyone else does. You can also stop worrying if you have the best megapixel camera, the best screen resolution, the best speed, the coolest new features and wonder if the next phone coming out is worth upgrading for. Get on the Passport Silver Edition and be content with a phone that you own instead of a phone that owns you.

Long live BlackBerry!
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    05-20-16 10:14 AM
    Enjoy it.... sounds like it fits your needs very well!

For some of us, leaving Verizon isn't an option as the coverage in our area is why we chose them.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-20-16 10:23 AM
    I left Verizon because they are scumbags. But all companies who get too large become scumbags, when it comes to customer service. I think it's just a natural law of business.
    05-20-16 12:59 PM
    To the OP...ME TOO! Ha ha! Yeah, this thing is great! I love it!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-20-16 03:04 PM
    I need a phone to be a phone.
    My reason to switch from SE2CLASSIC! I use the SE as a tablet now.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    05-20-16 03:10 PM
    I keep thinking about doing this as well, only problem is Verizon is literally, not exaggerating, literally the only carrier that works at all three job-sites where I work. I can tell you if the situation ever changes, PASSPORT here I come!
    05-20-16 03:23 PM
    Why not just buy the phone out right and unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 03:34 PM
    Why not just buy the phone out right and unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    Cause it does not work on Verizon. Did you not read the tread?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 04:11 PM
    Clients get impressed when they see you using a Blackberry. Shows you mean business and demand the best communication devices. No other phone manufacture can make that claim.
    05-20-16 04:27 PM
    I just bought an SE pp and so far I love it! I also bought a PRIV. Im torn between both but the PP has the edge right now. Too bad the OS is not getting any more support
    05-20-16 05:55 PM
    Clients get impressed when they see you using a Blackberry. Shows you mean business and demand the best communication devices. No other phone manufacture can make that claim.
    Lol impressed isn't what I get from people. It's why are you still using a BlackBerry?

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    05-20-16 06:07 PM