why lol at android's file manager? I find them as good as bb10's file manager, namely, I can find what I want...

Apple, well I never understood the file structure of the os, won't comment on it since all I do on my ipad is watch youtube

the more I try to use bb10 though, the more i'm disappointed in it. One thing that I noticed is that I can't use blackberry assistant when the phone is locked, the mute button doesn't do anything. So to use it, I need to keep phone with no password (not good) or just give up on using it. I found the use when locked setting but it seems to only apply to bluetooth. It won't stop me from using phone since I don't use assistant, just playing around with it. But if I did rely on it, I probably would hate that I can't use it when phone is locked. I couldn't even tell it to navigate me home because I won't try to unlock it while driving.

Apple just needs to point at this and ask can you do this? And BB users just has to say no

positive note is that I can read my books for hours and hours and after almost 10 hours still have 50%+ battery left. I know books don't take much processing power but the screen was on the entire time.
    Lol

Are you disappointed that you can't start up your car when you are outside it and you're car is locked up ?

Posted via my Passport
    08-27-15 07:04 PM
    'apple geniuses' ??? - who would ever capitalize that as if it's a legitimate title. That whole 'genius bar' or 'apple genius' thing is the F#CK!NG WORST. I can't believe they call these humps 'geniuses', it's like they take a dumb @ss kid off the street, teach them about crapple stuff, then call them 'geniuses'?!? Talk about complete bullsh!t.

Posted via CB10
    Ummm... I wouldn't be throwing stones in gorilla glass houses if I were you. The maker of your favorite phone keeps bleeding money & ain't smart enough to convince people to buy their phones instead of Apples & Androids. Besides them Iphones you looked at is what started the death of BlackBerry in 2007.
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-27-15 07:13 PM
    My wife bought the Samsung Galaxy camera (it's a real thing) running Android jellybean.

We actually really like it.

When we went to get the pictures off it, it was such a pain! Android doesn't save the pictures as. Jpg in a folder named pictures. It was so annoying because I was so used to the bb10 file system.

Eventually we sync'd it with drop box and just copied pictures out of dropbox onto our computer.

The file system on bb10 is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 07:20 PM
    'apple geniuses' ??? - who would ever capitalize that as if it's a legitimate title. That whole 'genius bar' or 'apple genius' thing is the F#CK!NG WORST. I can't believe they call these humps 'geniuses', it's like they take a dumb @ss kid off the street, teach them about crapple stuff, then call them 'geniuses'?!? Talk about complete bullsh!t.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it's a real drag being able to take your phone into someone to discuss it with them or show you how to use it. God knows BB customer services is the shining beacon of how to deal with customers.....
    amathtools and TgeekB like this.
    08-27-15 08:07 PM
    My wife bought the Samsung Galaxy camera (it's a real thing) running Android jellybean.

We actually really like it.

When we went to get the pictures off it, it was such a pain! Android doesn't save the pictures as. Jpg in a folder named pictures. It was so annoying because I was so used to the bb10 file system.

Eventually we sync'd it with drop box and just copied pictures out of dropbox onto our computer.

The file system on bb10 is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a device specific issue. What file were the pics saved into, ahs how were they saved?
    08-27-15 09:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. It all sounds so pretentious. But then, that's the typical narcisitic attitude which sort of goes hand in hand with Apple and their hipster users.
    08-27-15 10:40 PM
    When BB10 first arrived, I was especially blown away by the stories of BB10 enthusiasts accosting folks in Apple Stores, clubs, train stations etc. and challenging people to browser wars -- in which BB10 always emerged victorious.

Now those were the best...
    Yeah and when iOS first launched Apple Maps and killed Google Maps with the update I was similarly impressed.
    08-28-15 12:04 AM
    Yeah and when iOS first launched Apple Maps and killed Google Maps with the update I was similarly impressed.
    One of the funniest occurrences in mobile tech.

Even Apple does foolish things. That nonsense did more for Google Maps than even Google could have hoped for.
    08-28-15 12:17 AM
    One of the funniest occurrences in mobile tech.

Even Apple does foolish things. That nonsense did more for Google Maps than even Google could have hoped for.
    So when Apple screws up it's just foolish? I totally agree that Apple's mistake on Maps helped Google, no doubt about it. I just find it funny how you characterize Apple's screwups vs BlackBerry, lol.

Just a screw up... got it.
    08-28-15 12:26 AM
    So when Apple screws up it's just foolish? I totally agree that Apple's mistake on Maps helped Google, no doubt about it. I just find it funny how you characterize Apple's screwups vs BlackBerry, lol.

LOL.

You're looking for something where nothing exists.

Foolish is foolish. If you want to use another term, be my guest. I don't play favorites, but do you really wanna measure bad decisions in the recent history of both companies?

C'mon...

Apple can afford the occasional misstep. It can afford "holding it wrong" gaffes.

BBRY can't.
    08-28-15 12:31 AM
    I quite enjoy the BB10 File Manager. When I tried iOS, I found it to be very cumbersome in comparison; everything just seems so scattered. No matter what BlackBerry does, I hope they keep that alive.

...330 hp for me. I want to say the, "hp," stands for "hard-working ponies. And, I will drive my V8 until the last drop of gas available has been burned.

If we have to do electric cars, I hope they find a way to give it the sound of power. Not sure how I could enjoy the driving experience as much if my car buzzes and beeps along like those cars in The Jetsons.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    There is something to be said for familiarity.

The other day, I was looking to do pic moving operation from the web on the iPad. Admittedly, I'm impatient, so when I wasn't able to figure it out in a minute, I moved on to another device LOL.

I'm sure an iOS aficionado would have figured it out in seconds. At that time, I would have appreciated a file manager, which is what I'm used to.
    08-28-15 12:37 AM
    LOL.

You're looking for something where nothing exists.

Foolish is foolish. If you want to use another term, be my guest. I don't play favorites, but do you really wanna measure bad decisions in the recent history of both companies?

C'mon...

Apple can afford the occasional misstep. It can afford "holding it wrong" gaffes.

BBRY can't.
    If this is a non partisan honest discussion, then yeah, totally!

Separate thread? I don't think it would be fair to hijack this discussion. I'm totally happy to debate how Apple has made MANY bad decisions recently and those chickens are soon coming home to roost... Apple Watch, cough, cough, lol.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    08-28-15 12:41 AM
    Not a fan of the Apple Watch (I don't know if I think any smartwatch is truly useful for my needs at this point), but I'm interested in seeing the hard numbers.

My biggest gripe with Apple is its drive for control. I think that will be something that will begin to cost it. From peripherals, to dev relations, to the way it treats the press. If it doesn't adjust, something has to give.

It might be a while though.

But yes, it would be a fun discussion. I am quite the armchair CEO!
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-28-15 12:48 AM
    Not a fan of the Apple Watch (I don't know if I think any smartwatch is truly useful for my needs at this point), but I'm interested in seeing the hard numbers.

My biggest gripe with Apple is its drive for control. I think that will be something that will begin to cost it. From peripherals, to dev relations, to the way it treats the press. If it doesn't adjust, something has to give.

It might be a while though.

But yes, it would be a fun discussion. I am quite the armchair CEO!
    I'm totally up for the argument, lol. I think it would be fun!
    08-28-15 12:55 AM
    ...330 hp for me. I want to say the, "hp," stands for "hard-working ponies. And, I will drive my V8 until the last drop of gas available has been burned.

If we have to do electric cars, I hope they find a way to give it the sound of power. Not sure how I could enjoy the driving experience as much if my car buzzes and beeps along like those cars in The Jetsons.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    Sound of power? I'll take actual power. I have yet to meet a motorhead who has driven a Tesla who hasn't had their mind changed for the better about electric cars. The S P85D model just got the first perfect score in the history of Consumer Reports.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    08-28-15 10:12 AM

The thread is about Apple geniuses, not screw ups. Laughing at Apple may be a favorite pastime on Crackberry but the point is at least they have stores you can walk into and get help. And no, I don't use any Apple products so don't tell me I have to leave.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 02:37 PM
    i must not be using my passport right... mind explaining these bb features that impressed them? i like it for keyboard but i don't do anything else on it other than reading a book, gps, and making calls/text. aside from hub, what else does my passport do? i mean i like blend, but i can do that using different apps even on my windows mobile phone. for liking the keyboard, i only send 5 text a month, maybe type a few posts like this each day while i surf web.

phone is wasted on me probably but i enjoy it. but i also enjoy a dumb 300 hp car that i average about 40-60 mph with

In the few minutes I had with them, I first showed them how emails related to a specific appointment show within the calendar and then how all attachments are kept in a dedicated folder.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 01:39 AM
    In the few minutes I had with them, I first showed them how emails related to a specific appointment show within the calendar and then how all attachments are kept in a dedicated folder.

Posted via CB10
    cool, so how do i do that with text messages? since i dont use email on phone

i wouldnt mind text messages being added to calendar
    08-29-15 06:21 AM
    Say what you want, but the blackberry os is far superior to any os out: right now!!!!!!so press the home button to leave this forum double press it again to open task manager to close it then search for a icon to read your texts,JOKE!!!!?lol

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 08:11 AM
    Say what you want, but the blackberry os is far superior to any os out: right now!!!!!!
    It's sad then what BBRY did with such a clear advantage.
    08-29-15 06:41 PM
    It's sad then what BBRY did with such a clear advantage.
    Agreed!it seems as lack of knowledge is culprit!?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:59 PM
    Agreed!it seems as lack of knowledge is culprit!?

Posted via CB10
    Or maybe lack of a home button. JK. Who knows. They waited too long and now it's too late, the party is already started.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 08:52 PM
    cool, so how do i do that with text messages? since i dont use email on phone

i wouldnt mind text messages being added to calendar
    Hi. Unfortunately, the calendar is not linked with text messages. Blackberry has always been very pro-email hence those who use it on email really enjoy the phone. Since you already have the passport, you may want to link up email and appreciate the device more
    Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 12:51 AM
    Even though I don't use an iPhone, and I actually like having a file manager, I don't think iPhone users are as envious of a file manager as you think.
    Perhaps not, but everyone i've showed it to usually cut their iPhone 6 rants short. As I mentioned before, I'm sure most people who go to buy an iPhone are not thinking "File Manager" but instead are only thinking "iPhone!!!". It never occurs to them that files can be manipulated until they see it in action on a non Apple device.

"What app is that" is also a common question I get.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 01:08 AM
    why lol at android's file manager? I find them as good as bb10's file manager, namely, I can find what I want...

Apple, well I never understood the file structure of the os, won't comment on it since all I do on my ipad is watch youtube

the more I try to use bb10 though, the more i'm disappointed in it. One thing that I noticed is that I can't use blackberry assistant when the phone is locked, the mute button doesn't do anything. So to use it, I need to keep phone with no password (not good) or just give up on using it. I found the use when locked setting but it seems to only apply to bluetooth. It won't stop me from using phone since I don't use assistant, just playing around with it. But if I did rely on it, I probably would hate that I can't use it when phone is locked. I couldn't even tell it to navigate me home because I won't try to unlock it while driving.

Apple just needs to point at this and ask can you do this? And BB users just has to say no

positive note is that I can read my books for hours and hours and after almost 10 hours still have 50%+ battery left. I know books don't take much processing power but the screen was on the entire time.
    Ios is a good os in many respects. It does what it does very well and even novices can pick an iPhone up and just start using it. However, although there has been great improvement in iphone battery life, it doesn't compare to a Passport. Also, the things we do most (call, text, email) are best done on a BlackBerry. The speakers are also better on a Passport and the wide screen makes for a pleasant reading experience. It depends what you want, the saddest thing is that not one of the big four smartphone os's can do everything. You'd think by now that someone would have 'nailed it'. I mean, if you could grab a phone that had BlackBerry hub, gestures, file management, security, ease of input and battery life, combined with the customer service, apps, 3rd party accessories and marketing savvy of Apple, the customization, price and cutting edge hardware of Android and the deep microsoft integration of windows phone (XBOX, windows desktop, full Office etc) then everyone would be happy.

I hate that as it stands we have to choose what to compromise on. Of course, it's a conversation starter but really, in this day and age should iphones be running out of juice in the middle of the afternoon? Or should BlackBerry be suffering from an app gap? Should Android be a security nightmare for the average user or provide such a clunky experience 6 months after purchase? Should WP have such a badly designed OS? Especially since it was created by the biggest software house on the planet.

I use BlackBerry (Passport and Z30) , Windows on my desktop and laptop and also I have a Sony Xperia android phone and tablet and an Apple ipod touch and nano. I have all these just to cover all the bases that one computer (in whatever form) and one phone should be able to do.

It doesn't bother me too much but I shouldn't have to have a ton on hardware.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-30-15 02:02 AM
55 123