I've gotten used to the LED on my PP constantly blinking day and night and it's only recently begun to bother me. A couple of days ago I ran some updates for the phone and I noticed the led would stop flashing if I logged in. But now it's gone back to non-stop flashing.

When the bedside profile is active I have set the led to be off but this had no effect on the led notification!

In normal profile which I normally use I have gone into notifications and reset app settings thereby I understand removing customised notifications set for any apps. I actually also did this for bedside profile. But to no avail.

Led is flashing green, how the hell do I stop this so that when I log in and view a list of notifications it will stop the led from continuing to flash?
    07-07-15 09:27 AM
    There is a setting in notifications I believe that should allow you to turn off the blinking when connected. It's telling you that it has a connection to a cell network.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 10:13 AM
    Question: did this start when u turned on the device for the 1st time when it was new? Wondering if it might be a hardware issue. The only way to find out is to do a factory restore.
    07-07-15 11:19 AM
    You can install hub++ to modify any and every notification settings, but LED should not be blinking if there is no new notifications or some other issue, especially green.
    It must be an app or something overwriting your notification settings.
    07-07-15 12:07 PM
    There is a setting in notifications I believe that should allow you to turn off the blinking when connected. It's telling you that it has a connection to a cell network.

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't exist in BB10.
    07-07-15 02:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure that it applies to BB10 anymore I believe it did for BBOS.
    07-09-15 06:34 PM
    Question: did this start when u turned on the device for the 1st time when it was new? Wondering if it might be a hardware issue. The only way to find out is to do a factory restore.
    Do you mean a factory reset? No thanks it doesn't bother me that much
    07-09-15 06:35 PM
    You can install hub++ to modify any and every notification settings, but LED should not be blinking if there is no new notifications or some other issue, especially green.
    It must be an app or something overwriting your notification settings.
    Can I clarify something. If you have outstanding notifications and the led blinks to let you know this. What happens or should happen if you simply switch on your phone, does the blinking automatically stop?
    What if you just turn on your phone but don't pass the lock screen?
    What happens if you unlock and just view a list of notifications in the hub?
    07-09-15 06:40 PM
    Viewing the Hub is what stops the blinking.
    GusGF likes this.
    07-09-15 07:51 PM
    You can turn the led off for almost everything in profiles
    07-09-15 07:54 PM
    Viewing the Hub is what stops the blinking.
    Okay was thinking this was what was required.

You can turn the led off for almost everything in profiles
    Yes it's amazing isn't it! Perhaps if you read my OP you might notice I mentioned I had already done this, but to no avail.
    07-09-15 08:03 PM
    Just to confirm the green flashing led is back with a vengeance and my profile only has a red led set as a notification for ALL apps. When I change the profile to Bedside the led should be off but the it continues to flash green regardless.

What on earth is causing this then!?
    07-10-15 02:08 PM
    Just to confirm the green flashing led is back with a vengeance and my profile only has a red led set as a notification for ALL apps. When I change the profile to Bedside the led should be off but the it continues to flash green regardless.

What on earth is causing this then!?
    Your right bed side should be turning it off.
    Which leads me to believe it's an operating indicator instead of a notification indicator.

To eliminate the hub from it all together.
    Go into hub and swipe pinch two fingers together. It will bring up any unread messages if there are any. That's if you have the phone set to do pinch unread messages.

Also make sure all extra things are turned off. Like blue tooth, tether, and GPS.

Next question to you is, have you previously installed a profile controller app on the phone or and LED app?

I know it may seem senseless to do what I mention, but it's process of elimination sense we can't see the phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 04:59 PM
    To eliminate the hub from it all together.
    Go into hub and swipe pinch two fingers together. It will bring up any unread messages if there are any. That's if you have the phone set to do pinch unread messages.
    In mail I've got loads of unread messages in my nested gmail mail boxes where I filter less important stuff. But I've done what you say and turned off the non essentials as well. But like you say Bedside profile should be stopping any notifications from coming through anyway. None of this helped until I did a reboot/soft reset after which I did switch back on bluetooth, gps, nfc, wifi, etc.

But I'm still none the wiser as to what is causing the green flashing led and I know it will reappear.
    07-11-15 02:37 AM
    In mail I've got loads of unread messages in my nested gmail mail boxes where I filter less important stuff. But I've done what you say and turned off the non essentials as well. But like you say Bedside profile should be stopping any notifications from coming through anyway. None of this helped until I did a reboot/soft reset after which I did switch back on bluetooth, gps, nfc, wifi, etc.

But I'm still none the wiser as to what is causing the green flashing led and I know it will reappear.
    So for now it's stopped?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 08:13 AM
    Yes it has, thankfully. But I've ended up with another problem so new thread started
    07-14-15 05:26 AM