I am a new BB OS 10 user. When using BB OS 5, 6, and 7 there is a signal LED setting that continuously flashing green. Now on BB os 10 there are no settings like that, can the BB OS 10 turn on the green LED when it gets a signal?
    02-08-22 09:19 PM
    I am a new BB OS 10 user. When using BB OS 5, 6, and 7 there is a signal LED setting that continuously flashing green. Now on BB os 10 there are no settings like that, can the BB OS 10 turn on the green LED when it gets a signal?
    I believe not. I think it's rather pointless really - I'd rather have it flash if I do not have any coverage.
    02-08-22 09:27 PM
    I am a new BB OS 10 user.
    In 2022 ? Seriously ?
    John Albert likes this.
    02-09-22 05:53 AM
    Yes i recently purchased BB Passport
    horia_m likes this.
    02-09-22 06:54 AM
    That was a feature I never understood. I even tried it on my my old Pearl 8100 back in the day for about 2 hours before I shut it back off.

I mean, really, what's the point? I had a signal and knew it by seeing "EDGE" at the top. That's all I needed. I certainly didn't need it to flash at me all day just sitting on my desk.

Besides, eventually I used an app to show emails from different accounts with different colors - green for work and blue for personal. So that would have interfered anyway.
    ishan das likes this.
    02-09-22 09:17 AM
    That was a feature I never understood. I even tried it on my my old Pearl 8100 back in the day for about 2 hours before I shut it back off.

I mean, really, what's the point? I had a signal and knew it by seeing "EDGE" at the top. That's all I needed. I certainly didn't need it to flash at me all day just sitting on my desk.

Besides, eventually I used an app to show emails from different accounts with different colors - green for work and blue for personal. So that would have interfered anyway.
    Some bbos apps assigned varying colors and flash rates to individual contacts & groups. I had a few programed to indicate contact initials by blinking Morse! Very useful on noisy plant floors or in quiet meetings. Miss that functionality.

I also never really used led as connection indicator. Led was too busy indicating various msgs. Lol. Does seem like BB10 included that somewhere? Just don't recall.
    horia_m likes this.
    02-09-22 10:01 AM
    Seems like it can be done with Power tools. Power tools is in @conite s bar-list and can be side loaded.

Posted via CB10
    horia_m likes this.
    02-09-22 10:12 AM
    Some bbos apps assigned varying colors and flash rates to individual contacts & groups. I had a few programed to indicate contact initials by blinking Morse! Very useful on noisy plant floors or in quiet meetings. Miss that functionality.

I also never really used led as connection indicator. Led was too busy indicating various msgs. Lol. Does seem like BB10 included that somewhere? Just don't recall.
    BB10 never had that option. But BeBuzz was the first app to provide that capability. Unfortunately, they ended a long time ago.
    Seems like it can be done with Power tools. Power tools is in @conite s bar-list and can be side loaded.

Posted via CB10
    But, Power Tools is still available.
    02-09-22 10:16 AM
    Can you please provide me the link to download please
    02-09-22 10:29 AM
    Can you please provide me the link to download please
    You'll find the link here :

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1189452

Posted via CB10
    02-09-22 10:48 AM
    Thanks dear, i have downloaded but it showing unable to install Bar file.
    02-09-22 11:59 AM
    See bottom of page for sideloading instructions:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0
    ishan das likes this.
    02-09-22 12:24 PM
    You need to sideload bar files using a PC with software such as DBBT or Sachesi or the Chrome browser extension. See conite's archive for those choices.
    ishan das likes this.
    02-09-22 12:38 PM
    Yes i recently purchased BB Passport
    You are late to the game, but welcome to the fun. You can change the color that flashes for message/hub mail accounts/missed calls
    ishan das likes this.
    02-09-22 05:34 PM
    +1 for Power Tools, it had a lot of great features.
    ishan das and dmlis like this.
    02-10-22 10:10 AM
    I am trying to install but unable to do it
    02-10-22 08:29 PM
    I am trying to install but unable to do it
    Well if you setup your phone after Jan 4.... you won't be able to Sideload as that doesn't work on devices that have been setup after the servers went down.

If you setup before then, you should be able to do it using the instructions at the bottom of conite's spreadsheet. Can't be done from you device, but with a PC.
    02-11-22 01:15 PM
    I have tried a lot but unsuccessful
    02-11-22 09:39 PM

You can change the colour per contact and per app (phone, text, email, BBM, etc) but that's it. Can't change the flash rate or pattern.
    I don't recall that it was a default system feature on my Bold?

Yeah once you have it customised with different colours, using it to indicate signal strength is kind of useless. Hey but if you want to, PowerTools will do the job.
    ishan das likes this.
    02-12-22 12:12 AM
    02-12-22 01:57 AM
    You can change the colour per contact and per app (phone, text, email, BBM, etc) but that's it. Can't change the flash rate or pattern.
    I don't recall that it was a default system feature on my Bold?

Yeah once you have it customised with different colours, using it to indicate signal strength is kind of useless. Hey but if you want to, PowerTools will do the job.
    Advance OS & LED assigned flash on duration, off durationn, and sequence for .05 to 5 sec. Virtually unlimited colors and "multi colors" that looked like two or more colors simultaneously. Really just rapid sequence. Which I leveraged to flash contact initials in Morse. Which my eye's periphery could interpret without looking down during meetings, etc. WONDERful to know exactly who was calling or messaging.

Another couple apps then collaborated triple click of convenience key to auto reply an sms explaining I'm in a meeting, etc. Without breaking eye contact from speaker, etc.

BBOS ecosystem enjoyed real tools that collaborated with professional life. EVERYthing since has felt amateurishly toyish. Dearly miss such functionality.
    ishan das and dmlis like this.
    02-12-22 03:57 AM
    Advance OS & LED assigned flash on duration, off durationn, and sequence for .05 to 5 sec. Virtually unlimited colors and "multi colors" that looked like two or more colors simultaneously. Really just rapid sequence. Which I leveraged to flash contact initials in Morse. Which my eye's periphery could interpret without looking down during meetings, etc. WONDERful to know exactly who was calling or messaging.

Another couple apps then collaborated triple click of convenience key to auto reply an sms explaining I'm in a meeting, etc. Without breaking eye contact from speaker, etc.

BBOS ecosystem enjoyed real tools that collaborated with professional life. EVERYthing since has felt amateurishly toyish. Dearly miss such functionality.
    Yeah an always on Display that show the sender and most the message without touching the phone, and automatically sending a Meeting Auto Reply, is so... amateurish?
    02-15-22 03:11 PM
    Yeah an always on Display that show the sender and most the message without touching the phone, and automatically sending a Meeting Auto Reply, is so... amateurish?
    How do you see "always on Display" and read "most the message" from a shirt pocket? Without holding the handset?? Doesn't holding a handset constitute "touching"??? Or if on table, isn't touching required to set the handset on a table? And then to pick it up?

Try as i might, I've never achieved neck dexterity to view an always on display and read most of a message from device in shirt pocket. lol. Bold's led, however, is readily perceptible by peripheral vision from shirt pocket. Without breaking eye contact during meetings. and other activities.

Bold's led was powerful enough to inform my visible periphery. NO need to look at the thing. No need to touch if a generic auto reply happens to work for that specific contact for THAT instance. Wonderfully functional and powerful led proved great for identifying WHO is messaging or calling. Data leading to more relevant response to that specific individual. All without breaking eye contact of meeting participants.

SOME contacts in SOME situations warrant more personalized reply. WithOUT disrupting meetings and other activities. Some apps (long gone, now) permitted me to reach a finger into shirt pocket, sight unseen, and choose more specific messages by the number of convenience key presses. Among other strategies.

Guess I'd understood that you'd used Bold in some ancient history? You don't recall that Bold could also automate generic "Meeting Auto Reply"? Problem with generic auto reply is that it's generic. Yes, it can be customized for individual contacts. Thanks to App on Bold, at least. But pre-emptively varying messages for each of varying situations for each contact demands some input. And, ultimately, some real time choices. No matter how huge the screen. lol
    02-15-22 10:00 PM
    Hello, could you please give me another link for downloading Power Tools app. The link in the thread for the complete archive doesn´t open. Thank you!
    05-17-22 09:54 AM
    Hello, could you please give me another link for downloading Power Tools app. The link in the thread for the complete archive doesn´t open. Thank you!
    Go back up to post #12 by conite, and he has the direct link to the Google Drive spreedsheet, and in that is the link to the his shared Mega folder with all the files. Of course, it's best to do all of this on a PC browser.
    Pavel Traykov likes this.
    05-17-22 10:59 AM
27 12