Passport is more than a smartphone!

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It's a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 03:20 PM
    Just telling it as I see it. Obviously, this is my opinion. Not going back to BB10 though. No point in that. Unless there's some kind of radical change with the fortunes of BB10, there's really no point in even considering going back.
    03-24-17 08:55 PM
    What lol
    To put it simply...

Good-bye Passport.
    Hello Priv.

Kapish?
    03-24-17 10:45 PM
    It would be better to leave passport for KEYone.

Better Battery life
    Good looking, much like the Silver passport
    And better hardware and camera

Posted via CB10
    Yes. But if on Verizon the Priv is there and finally cheaper. About 400.00 I think. Who knows when VZW will get the KEYone.
    03-24-17 11:12 PM
    There's a good chance verizon won't even carry it.. I know att won't be. Going to have to go through BlackBerry to buy it probably.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    03-25-17 09:26 AM
    I left my Passport for a Priv but luckily for me somehow when it reached the eBay buyer the SIM no longer worked so I got it back. I used the Passport as a music player in my Prius for months then I got some time and took a good look at the SIM pins under high magnification. I found the bent pins and somehow got them working again. Since I had just moved my family to ATT from Sprint the Passport became an option again. Now I use the Priv as just a way to use my android apps accumulated over the years. The Passport is my primary phone again and I have found it very useful-big screen, awesome keyboard, beautiful sound, BlackBerry10 ergonomic fast design, Hub optimized email. I have no plans of using anything else as my primary device. The Priv is ok. Keyboard is handy, the screen is big, apps all work, but the Passport wins as the better user interface. I don't mind carrying two devices so I'm keeping this tandem for the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10 on SQW100-1
    03-25-17 09:40 AM
    Well, it's been about ten months since I purchased my passport. It's been my predominant phone during that period. I briefly switched back to my old amazon firephone and also a Nokia lumia (windows os is fun if not practical), but ultimately, I've found the passport to be the best phone.

Call quality is great. I've never had a dropped call. My wife, in contrast, shares the same plan but uses an iphone 6s+ and drops calls frequently.

The hub is wonderful. I can check email so swiftly but even more importantly, it is just one fast click to delete messages.

I do a lot of reading on my phone (no games). Amazon reader works well, and an epub reader I found on BBW works just as well for epub files.

Typing is such a breeze. Swyping is a fun feature on Android and windows phone and makes typing fast, but for sheer volume, nothing beats an actual PKB. I could literally write a story on my passport (and I have!).

Battery life remains solid. I can easily get at least two days with regular use and frequently have charge left over still.

I thought about getting a priv or keyone but decided that they could offer nothing substantial over my passport. If I want to play games, I have an iPad and amazon fire tablet at home for that. For music or videos, the passport does an exceptional job already. I don't do social media and I'm not a big apps fan, so the lack of a good apps ecosystem is irrelevant to me.

I know in time, I'll have to move on to a new phone. Nothing lasts forever. But for now, I'll stick with my passport as long as I can. Cheers!

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-21-17 12:10 PM
32 12