Sad but BlackBerry is no longer BlackBerry. It's android now and other android offerings are as good as BlackBerry android. I am just surprised that every moderator in CB is defending BlackBerry android and how good they're compared to bb10 or other androids. There isn't a single moderator in CB dislike new BlackBerry android? Lol. I like all platforms including android, ios, and bb10 but BlackBerry is my favorite even though I only used bb10 for 4 years. It's kind of sad to see a lot of CB user who used to praise bb10 before now bashing bb10 users and defending BlackBerry android.
    elfabio80 and d6821 like this.
    03-26-17 01:03 PM
    Sad but BlackBerry is no longer BlackBerry. It's android now and other android offerings are as good as BlackBerry android. I am just surprised that every moderator in CB is defending BlackBerry android and how good they're compared to bb10 or other androids. There isn't a single moderator in CB dislike new BlackBerry android? Lol. I like all platforms including android, ios, and bb10 but BlackBerry is my favorite even though I only used bb10 for 4 years. It's kind of sad to see a lot of CB user who used to praise bb10 before now bashing bb10 users and defending BlackBerry android.
    I don't think everyone who loved BlackBerry 10 is bashing it. I still think there are a lot of amazing things about it. But I do like what BlackBerry has done with Android.
    krazyatom, BigBadWulf and d6821 like this.
    03-26-17 01:15 PM
    I've clearly said it I don't mind of blackberry wanted to secure android or any other OS that's cool actually but they shouldn't have abandoned their own OS.
    blackbp and d6821 like this.
    03-26-17 01:21 PM
    Thread moved to proper forum.
    03-26-17 01:24 PM
    It was up for sale a few months before Thors got the boot. Thors didn't put out the sign though, that was the Board.
    Ok, misremembered that then. Mon apologaire

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-26-17 01:26 PM
    If you're paying attention, you'll observe that the moderators are correcting gross misinformation being perpetuated around the forums by those that have an axe to grind against the direction that BlackBerry has taken. We don't hate nor dislike BB10. We are all inclusive with BlackBerry Android and BB10. The bashing needs to cease, but we realize there will always be some angst going forward. We're all BlackBerry fans, enjoy what you use.
    krazyatom and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-26-17 01:32 PM
    Ok, misremembered that then. Mon apologaire

Posted via CB10
    Times were crazy around then.
    BigBadWulf and jakie55 like this.
    03-26-17 01:35 PM
    I've clearly said it I don't mind of blackberry wanted to secure android or any other OS that's cool actually but they shouldn't have abandoned their own OS.
    I'll say it again: it's available for license. They are out of the hardware business.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-26-17 01:36 PM
    I haven't bashed BB10, but I can't continue to use it, and am damn thankful BlackBerry took the best of it, and migrated that to Android. Otherwise, I'd have nothing left of BlackBerry to enjoy and praise. I can't recommend BB10 anymore, nor could I have the last couple years I used it, unless someone's needs are few.

There's nothing left to look forward to, not software nor hardware. We are not cheerleaders, we're smartphone lovers. You say you like Android, yet want me to say I don't? I'll maintain my ïntegrity, continue to post an honest opinion, and leave my pom-poms at home.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    03-26-17 01:44 PM
    I haven't bashed BB10, but I can't continue to use it, and am damn thankful BlackBerry took the best of it, and migrated that to Android. Otherwise, I'd have nothing left of BlackBerry to enjoy and praise. I can't recommend BB10 anymore, nor could I have the last couple years I used it, unless someone's needs are few.

There's nothing left to look forward to, not software nor hardware. We are not cheerleaders, we're smartphone lovers. You say you like Android, yet want me to say I don't? I'll maintain my ïntegrity, continue to post an honest opinion, and leave my pom-poms at home.
    I respect your opinion. Someday crackberry will migrated to android central
    BigBadWulf and d6821 like this.
    03-26-17 01:49 PM
    I respect your opinion. Someday crackberry will migrated to android central
    Nope! But a lot of them may migrate over here.
    krazyatom and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    03-26-17 01:51 PM
    ...as long as you're happy doing exactly what you did 5 years ago, and nothing more.
    What do you need to do? You really need every year something new tu do with your phone? MmmI don't think there is someting new that could be so interesting...but you can find many many friends in your privacy that you don't know and you never wanted to know...I don't live my life throug a smartphone...and I want my privacy data...so I repeat again: enjoy your tcl googledroid....

Posted via CB10
    d6821 likes this.
    03-26-17 02:08 PM
    You should enjoy your BB10, and understand the alternative to GooBerry is nothing from BlackBerry at all. You don't have to like Android. You can move on to iOS eventually. You'll get no criticism from me, though it's a platform I don't like. The hate is a waste of energy, and gets us nowhere.
    Here there is no hate at all....I enjoy and a will...don't worry about that...and my data rest in my pocket...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 02:24 PM
    Someday the world will want an alternative to android and apple. Android already needs remade and apple is an Amish buggy.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    03-26-17 02:34 PM
    Good for you...enjoy your tcl googledroid

Posted via CB10
    You seem to think that unless it's BB10, it's not a BB--is that right?

You seem to think that if BB chose an open source platform as a foundation, even though they built their own custom house on it, that it's not any kind of BB at all. Correct?

So, would you say that the NSA-hardened phones that serious govt officials (are supposed to) carry around are nothing more than plain "googledroid"?
    03-26-17 02:36 PM
    What do you need to do? You really need every year something new tu do with your phone? MmmI don't think there is someting new that could be so interesting...but you can find many many friends in your privacy that you don't know and you never wanted to know...I don't live my life throug a smartphone...and I want my privacy data...so I repeat again: enjoy your tcl googledroid....

Posted via CB10
    I don't live my life through a smartphone, not by far. But there are three or four things I like to do. And I do like a modern web browser; we really don't need apps, if web sites do their jobs right.

But anyway: technology moves so fast, eventually like I said you'll not be able to connect to any network outside your home. That old BB10 hardware won't be able to connect to abandoned cellular technologies.

And even then, no matter how you connect, you'll be at a complete loss without at the very least a modern web browser.

I still have a US Robotics Courier DS that finally got the v.everything upgrade, sitting on my shelf. I acknowledge it as the finest modem ever built, by far.

And yet, in 1997, I abandoned it to the shelf where it has sat ever since. Why? Because technology moved forward, and the cable company brought broadband into my house via cable, replacing the serial dialup.

Nothing says I couldn't use that USR Courier even today, really. Oh, I would have to find a dialup provider; there have to be some still around. And lord knows I wouldn't be able to surf the modern web effectively at all; I'd be stuck on the Usenet, maybe, and doing plain text email, etc. But hey, I'd be using it.

Oh, wait--I don't revolve my life around using a specific piece of hardware or OS. I want to do certain things in my life, those things change as time goes on, and I figure out how to do them without tying myself to a piece of hardware/software simply because it once was the best at what it did.

I imagine the same is for you. So tell us again how BB10 will be with you forever, and how you'll forever be happy doing things that BB10 brought to your life 5-7 years ago.

It won't be with you forever. Trust me.
    krazyatom and jakie55 like this.
    03-26-17 02:50 PM
    I too will be leaving BB10 with the KEYONE. I've had a lot time to digest the recent meetup in NYC. The conclusion...the positives way outnumber the negatives. I'm all in now. Going to order at launch. Not going to worry about carrier support. Want updates directly from BlackBerry. I'll keep my passport for nostalgia sake...at least for now. Yeah. Glad that's off my chest

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and Adam Frix like this.
    03-26-17 03:01 PM

You seem to think that if BB chose an open source platform as a foundation, even though they built their own custom house on it, that it's not any kind of BB at all. Correct?

So, would you say that the NSA-hardened phones that serious govt officials (are supposed to) carry around are nothing more than plain "googledroid"?
    I'am just talking for common smartphones and not modified ones...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 03:11 PM

Are you suggesting that the NSA is using a TCL phone designed and manufactured in China?
    Can you point us to a link which states that any 5-eye government organization is using or purchased android Googleberries?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 03:24 PM
    I too will be leaving BB10 with the KEYONE. I've had a lot time to digest the recent meetup in NYC. The conclusion...the positives way outnumber the negatives. I'm all in now. Going to order at launch. Not going to worry about carrier support. Want updates directly from BlackBerry. I'll keep my passport for nostalgia sake...at least for now. Yeah. Glad that's off my chest

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for steering us back on topic! The phone is awesomely nostalgic, with all the modern touches the average BlackBerry has been wishing for.
    03-26-17 04:01 PM
    I'am just talking for common smartphones and not modified ones...

Posted via CB10
    You do know what Android is, right? It's an open source platform--not a product. And as such, they're ALL modified, each and every one of them out there.

BB modifying it to their specs is no different than NSA modifying it to their specs.
    03-26-17 04:15 PM
    Are you suggesting that the NSA is using a TCL phone designed and manufactured in China?
    Can you point us to a link which states that any 5-eye government organization is using or purchased android Googleberries?

Posted via CB10
    See my post above.
    03-26-17 04:16 PM
    I will get KEYone as soon as it comes out and I guess my Passport will be put in my Passport drawer. Because I have 2 SE, black, white and at&t version [main device]
    I hate JC for not supporting and not developing such os as OS10.
    Love hub, battery life, screen, Web experience, but sadly it just gets old.
    I might come back to Passport but I doubt that because I have android tablet 2 iPad's. Experiencing android os I think it will be perfect for me and KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you say Passport is getting old NOW?
    While the latest BB10 is make the phone do better than 7 months ago?
    A few apps are still not working but less than when competitor do a major OS update.

A emulator engine update could be great but out of that I decide to stay there and use it to the scrapyard.
    03-26-17 04:23 PM
    See my post above.
    Again, I haven't seen any announcement of any 5-eye government using any Googleberry, modified or not.
    It would have been posted here.
    BlackBerry securing an android phone to service government was just a pipe dream or just Chen speech.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sorinv; 03-26-17 at 05:21 PM.
    03-26-17 05:10 PM
    Again, I haven't seen any announcement of any 5-eye government using any Googleberry, modified or not.
    It would have been posted here.
    BlackBerry securing an android phone to service government was just a pipe dream or just Chen speech.

Posted via CB10
    Please allow me to repeat what I said:

You do know what Android is, right? It's an open source platform--not a product. And as such, they're ALL modified, each and every one of them out there.

BB modifying it to their specs is no different than NSA modifying it to their specs.

Read that again. Slowly, this time.

Now tell me what "it" refers to in that second sentence.
    03-26-17 05:24 PM
174 12345 ...