03-26-17 06:41 AM
    Thorsten didn't put the company up for sale, that was Chen.

Posted via CB10
    Chen was brought in after the company failed to find a buyer

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 07:00 AM
    I believe the KEYone will be an amazing device and since we can't turn back time we need to embrace the new BlackBerry Mobile. PKB, great battery, Hub/suite, LED indicator, these are things that will continue to provide the BB experience.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    03-26-17 07:48 AM
    JC didn't sell out... no one wanted to buy BB10 at any price.
    This.

I loved, loved, loved my old traditional BB (forget which models, but I had about three of them, the last one with the glass trackbutton that replaced the trackball) hooked to BES. I had ZERO need for the iThing/Android pieces that were coming out.

But I left that job, and chose Android as a replacement. I quickly realized that Google really and truly doesn't "get" enterprise. So on a lark, I bought a used BB10 slabphone, figuring "how bad can it be".

Yeah. It SO wasn't my old BB experience, I gave up on it after a few months. Those of you who claim to "love" BB10, probably never worked with BB7 in a BES environment.

I represent the buyer that could have helped BB, had BB10 not been what it was. To recapture me meant going a different direction, and JC did that--he went Android, but with the BB flavor bolted on, both SW and HW. (And no, the BB10 thing of "but you can run Android apps as long as you sideload them!" wasn't enough.)

I almost bought Priv, but I didn't really like the keyboard at that price.

I will buy a K1 sight unseen from TCL (provided they have a 30 day return policy), because I truly believe that a true Android experience with real BB goodness bolted on top at that price is worth my money.

JC's job is to increase shareholder value, not lurk in this forum and cater to the whims of the anonymous fanbois. Whether or not K1 works better than Priv, you have to give him credit for doing the right thing.
    03-26-17 08:13 AM
    Absurd is when you don't read my last statement correctly. I was referring to the OS not the devices themselves. Smh
    What happened to the Sony Betamax tape format?

What happened to HD-DVD?

Welcome to the real world.

BB10 was, frankly, crap. Now, not all of it was; so, take the intellectual property and figure out a way to make the open-source Android have the BB flavor without destroying what makes people buy Android phones.

To stick with BB10 for all the 500 fanbois left in the world is crazy, and would have destroyed BB as a company.
    03-26-17 08:24 AM
    I'm with ya. I've never felt the quality of Samsung devices have been up to speed. Way to light for my liking. They feel cheap. There is a lot better built android devices , for less money, that I would take any day of the week over Samsung product
    I will never forget my traditional BBs of 15 years ago. You could drop those things in the parking lot in a puddle, and it wouldn't faze them. They shook it off and kept working as designed.

I seem to remember a buddy of mine dropped his full-on into a body of water. It came out and never skipped a beat.

Frankly, THAT'S a part of the BB DNA that I would love to see BB address. In addition to the software, spec a hardware that you can't kill.
    03-26-17 08:28 AM
    No need to change my amazing Passport for silly Android phone ..

 BLACKBERRY | P A S S P O R T | OG
    The time will come when your PP stops connecting to any wireless anything outside your home, because the cellular networks and technologies are still rapidly changing.

What will you do then?

I've come to learn that it's best to surf off the earlier tech wave in the middle of things, before that old wave crashes. If you wait too long, you end up spending boatloads of money to climb back onto the current wave that's 5 miles further out.
    03-26-17 08:34 AM
    Oh, stop with the facts. Facts have no place in a web forum! People want to come and discuss random things that they make up and act on as if they were facts.
    HaberNik and jakie55 like this.
    03-26-17 08:38 AM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    JC was hired as CEO to save BlackBerry, not BB10. He made hard choices that were necessary to not have the company go bankrupt saving BB10.
    +1 well said... I will be moving from Passport to KEYone as soon as possible...

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-26-17 09:32 AM
    No need to change my amazing Passport for silly Android phone ..

 BLACKBERRY | P A S S P O R T | OG
    +1...!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 09:46 AM
    +1...!!!

Posted via CB10
    ...said the buggy whip owners. Why, them fancy auto-mo-beel thingies are just silly! Mah horse gets me everywhere I need to go!
    scufutz likes this.
    03-26-17 09:49 AM
    If blackberry wanted to secure androids OS that's fine and maybe other OS in the near future but to completely abandon its own OS BB10 is absurd.
    The company didn't abandon BlackBerry 10. The market spoke. People didn't want it. BlackBerry as a business made the correct business decision.

You wanted them to ignore the fact that they were hemorrhaging a couple hundred million a quarter? Why? To make a very VERY small percentage of the smartphones market's fan boys happy?

It's very simple. I don't understand what you don't understand. They had two options. Give up on BlackBerry 10 and save the company. Or irrationally stick with it, have the company go bankrupt, and therefore BlackBerry 10 still dies either way. Either choice BlackBerry 10 disappears. The difference? With the former choice we still have BlackBerry around as a company and we still get BlackBerry phones. Even if they are running Android.

I love BlackBerry 10. But I'd rather have a BlackBerry running Android than no BlackBerry at all.
    Last edited by europolska00; 03-26-17 at 10:12 AM.
    03-26-17 09:55 AM
    The company didn't abandon BlackBerry 10. The market spoke. People didn't want it. BlackBerry as a business made the correct business decision.

You wanted them to ignore the fact that they were hemorrhaging a couple hundred million a quarter? Why? To make a very VERY small percentage of the smartphones market's fan boys happy?

It's very simple. I don't understand what you don't understand. They had two options. Give up on BlackBerry 10 and save the company. Or irrationally stick with it, have the company go bankrupt, and therefore BlackBerry 10 still does either way. Either choice BlackBerry 10 disappears. The difference? With the former choice we still have BlackBerry around as a company and we still get BlackBerry phones. Even if they are running Android.

I love BlackBerry 10. But I'd rather have a BlackBerry running Android than no BlackBerry at all.
    Such a simple concept, and yet so many fanbois are unable to grasp it.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    03-26-17 10:05 AM
    Hahaha however the point is: how many of you have abandoned the OS10 ship at the first difficulty? How many of you have switched sides just with the pull of the wind ??? You jumped on the Android boat and now spit on the plate where you eated, as if you were on a better boat ... hahaha ....

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 11:22 AM
    Most people loved BlackBerry for their PKB but for me I love BlackBerry OS. I already know what to expect from keyone. I am very familiar with BlackBerry android because I used priv and dtek 50. I probably will carry both keyone and passport.
    03-26-17 11:31 AM
    You are all part of the Rebel Alliance and traitors! Take them away!!!! (tap, side menu, delete)!

BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-26-17 11:43 AM
    Hahaha however the point is: how many of you have abandoned the OS10 ship at the first difficulty? How many of you have switched sides just with the pull of the wind ??? You jumped on the Android boat and now spit on the plate where you eated, as if you were on a better boat ... hahaha ....

Posted via CB10
    You mean folks like me, who stuck out the struggle till late last year? TG BlackBerry offered me, and all of us an alternative. Your boat has a huge hole in it, that I recognized and accepted. I didn't mock those who left, and commend those who stay and respect the majority who haven't.
    Thud Hardsmack and jakie55 like this.
    03-26-17 11:46 AM
    You mean folks like me, who stuck out the struggle till late last year? TG BlackBerry offered me, and all of us an alternative. Your boat has a huge hole in it, that I recognized and accepted. I didn't mock those who left, and commend those who stay and respect the majority who haven't.
    Android and tcl is not a credible alternative .... bb os 10 still works perfectly! And do not rummage in the privacy of people like the big brother googledroid ... the greatest respect goes to those who remain till the end..!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 11:57 AM
    Android and tcl is not a credible alternative .... bb os 10 still works perfectly! And do not rummage in the privacy of people like the big brother googledroid ... the greatest respect goes to those who remain till the end..!

Posted via CB10
    Respect is earned, and most have it from me. Pious ostriches however...
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    03-26-17 12:21 PM
    Android and tcl is not a credible alternative .... bb os 10 still works perfectly!
    ...as long as you're happy doing exactly what you did 5 years ago, and nothing more.
    BigBadWulf and jakie55 like this.
    03-26-17 12:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Seriously, are you really?

Posted via CB10
    Adam Frix likes this.
    03-26-17 12:36 PM
    Respect is earned, and most have it from me. Pious ostriches however...
    Good for you...enjoy your tcl googledroid

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 12:43 PM
    Good for you...enjoy your tcl googledroid

Posted via CB10
    You should enjoy your BB10, and understand the alternative to GooBerry is nothing from BlackBerry at all. You don't have to like Android. You can move on to iOS eventually. You'll get no criticism from me, though it's a platform I don't like. The hate is a waste of energy, and gets us nowhere.
    03-26-17 12:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    It was up for sale a few months before Thors got the boot. Thors didn't put out the sign though, that was the Board.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-26-17 12:56 PM
    Well, I love BB10 but I am going to be brutally honest with you: to me, BB10 was a software, not a person, and for sure not family... so, I don't really quite feel like I abandoned him / her... now, if you do have a personal and intimate relationship with it, then I do see your point completely... hope you guys the best and I am sure you will have beautiful kids together...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 12:56 PM
174 1234 ...