I originally wrote this as a comment to the sale announcement for the leather flip cases, but comments aren't allowed so I'm posting this here.

Current owners, what do you like about the flip case? Do you still use a screen protector?

I currently use the plastic backplate cover with a tempered glass screen protector and I think this is better than a flip book case because I can quickly see notifications using lift to wake and swiping to unlock is usually easier than flipping open a leather flap. The only advantage of the leather case I can see is that you can omit a transparent screen protector because the leather cover protects the screen when not in use, which is the main source of scratches.

The leather flip case is certainly stylish, but the relative ugliness of a glass screen protector with a slight halo effect and edge lip for side swipe gestures doesn't outweigh the hassle of opening the leather flap whenever I want to check my phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:00 AM
    I use my phone a lot and in small bursts. So I use a silicone case and screen protector instead of a flip case because opening the phone every damn time is so tiring (like a few hundred times a day). And the front flap of the flip case when flipped back so I can type with both hands is very uncomfortable. In term of protection, the flip case can protect the keyboard. I will have the screenprotector on regardless of the case.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport -
    02-26-15 03:55 PM