07-29-15 10:38 PM
29 12
    I'm of the same opinion after running both for the weekend. The hard shell has better grip functionality and I think looks better with the rubberized back and silver logo. I may keep using the flex if I need a stand. Not sure about leather on a phone in 2015 but that's just a personal choice at the end of the day.
    06-07-15 08:47 PM
    Again, I completely disagree. Since I first received the leather flex shell I was extremely impressed at how much more premium the device looks compared to the cheaper look of the hard shell.

The lines in the leather flex shell also compliment the device well (around the stand there are clean lines that give an illusion that the device is elongated).

I do not use the stand and am on my second leather flex shell and would not buy the hard shell again unless I couldn't get the leather. Have received a ton of compliments with the leather flex shell.

Looking back at the hard shell... it's simply added plastic with the same minimal protection, but missing any wow factor. The hard shell, in my opinion, just does not measure up to the leather flex shell.

Mind you, I've used the hard shell in both black and white for a few months prior to the leather flex shell.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 12:03 AM
    I'm going to reverse my view on the flex shell not being as good as the hard shell. I've alternated between the two over the last month (and before) and this is why I like it better;

1. There is less protection of the flex with smaller coverage on the top corners and its not covered at all at the bottom (other than the corners) compared to the hard shell. Some might say this is a bad thing but showing more steel adds more value for me than the little bit of extra protection the hard shell offers.

2. Definitely better grip on the hard shell but after a good deal of wear the leather isn't as slippery. Also, the flex shell is slightly thicker which compensates to some degree for the lack of grip since it offers a bit more surface to grip. Finally, the soft feel of the leather has grown for me over time so that I now prefer that feeling to the hard shell's rubber.

3. The flex's bubble discussed in this thread diminishes over time. I think the hard shell's back is more 'clean' looking overall without the door and bubble. However, I don't flip to mute or standby since I don't want the kb touching a surface so I never really see the back. Moreover, as discussed above, the feel of the leather trumps the cosmetics in any event.
    07-07-15 02:58 PM
    Just bought another flex from ncix and the bump is almost non-existent. The kick stand is almost perfectly flat and doesn't have that noticeable ugly puffy bump. Maybe it was fixed in later stages of the production cycle.
    07-29-15 10:38 PM
29 12