Great news, the Passport is coming to Australia!

But read the Australian Newspapers article and it will tell you that the passport has had reviews that are "somewhat disparaging however, with critics less than impressed with the design and the quality of the apps on the Passport".

The journalist is kind enough to place a link to a single review...of an article in an online newspaper owned by the same company as the Australian. Better, the disparaging review is a re-post of an article written by the WSJ.com (also owned by the same outfit).

A quick scan of a Google search for passport reviews quickly lists ratings from the usual stable of review sites ranging from 3 - 4.5 out of 5 stars. Hardly disparaging.

Nothing like lazy journalism to create a false impression. Cant wait to get my hands on one. At least, and unlike the journalist in question cited above, I will be able to say that I have touched one before making judgement.
    10-20-14 07:38 PM
    A Lot of tech reviewers don't seem to realize that the passport isn't necessarily meant for the general public and should be judged on its own merits. It would be like a car reviewer given a heavy duty truck to review and they just moan about the rough ride and difficulty parking compared to. their Honda civic.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:12 PM
    I would say the passport is the most positively received bb10 device to date. I have seen a couple reviewers give a article that didnt seem to support the views correctly but many have been pretty good as well.
    10-20-14 08:48 PM
    nobody buys the Australian, and I'm Australian.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:56 PM
    I have to say I have been rather positively surprised by the reviews so far. I am so used to reading crap about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:45 PM
    The first few weeks were all negative reviews by people who didn't actually review the device properly, with a few exceptions to that. Then followed and since have been great reviews and even those who said it wouldn't be for them said it was an amazing device and highly recommended it!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-21-14 03:09 PM
    Passport reviews haven't been too bad at all and I think the device has drawn a lot of attention to BlackBerry, mostly in a very positive way, so that's good.

As for the bad reviews, well it's their opinion and that doesn't have to come with a bad intention.
    10-21-14 03:58 PM
    I think the best way possible to shut these idiots would be a online or live stream of a conversion of an apple fanboy to a blackberry boy..

Let them compare their phones online and agree or disagree with the features, specs, design and then concede to the logical and better device.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 03:06 AM
    That's the worst offence in journalism, is plagiarism. This writer should have been fired by now.
    10-22-14 04:14 AM
    I think that way to many have tested the passport from their own preferences to what a phone should be and not on the passports own premises.
    I even saw one article in one of the "business"-papers that gave the passport a negative review and within a couple of days, the same author had a article raving about which text input app to use on your touch screen phone, because she loved the touch screen and could not imagine going back to a physical keyboard!

When testing a device, you should test it with the aim of the device in mind - if you test an passport with the mindset that it should be an iPhone, then of course it gonna fail, and that seems to be what many "journalists" don't seem to realise.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 04:49 AM