Hello, looking to see if anyone else got this update and is having the same problems? My passport got an update to 10.3.0.908, since then none of my android apps will open and the amazon app store won't open either. I also can't download any new android apps, just says initializing...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 04:48 PM
    Go to your app manager-installing apps-make sure install apps from other sources are turned on. If it's turned on just restart your device. I have the same update and android app work fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 05:08 PM
    I checked, install apps is turned on, I have also rebooted the phone 6-8 times with no luck...everything else works, just not android apps???? Wtf?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 05:16 PM
    I had same problem, Open your browser in phone, go to amazon and instal market again.

Sorry for double post
    11-19-14 05:23 PM
    I have tried to re install amazon, I download but when I try to install I just says initializing....how did you get around this?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 05:41 PM
    ... Sorry for double post
    No problem, it happens. All fixed now!
    11-19-14 05:58 PM
    I had to do a software reset via the BlackBerry website. Plug in your phone to your comp. Hold in the top button until phone reboots then hit the check for update tab. Wait for your phone to show as a device to update and click on it. Give it a minute or two and then it should tell you there is an update. This will redo your OS to the most recent release and install the correct Android files again. Make a backup that you can restore just in case. Also make sure you have about 2gig of hard drive space on your PC for the download or you will get an error. This trick saved me sooooooo many times. There is a post on Crackberry that explains it better. I think Adam wrote it.
    Oh ya, try a hard reset first because that worked for me once.
    Keep in mind you can't(well I couldnt) install a backup from 10.3 to 10.2. Says there are no files to restore.... Oh ya and don't do a full restore. Just do contacts, settings, etc or you may end up installing the Android files that don't work again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stomps01; 11-20-14 at 10:14 AM.
    11-19-14 10:22 PM
    I had to do a software reset via the BlackBerry website. Plug in your phone to your comp. Hold in the top button until phone reboots then hit the check for update tab. Wait for your phone to show as a device to update and click on it. Give it a minute or two and then it should tell you there is an update. This will install the correct Android files again. Make a backup that you can restore just in case. Also make sure you have about 2gig of hard drive space on your PC for the download or you will get an error. This trick saved me sooooooo many times. There is a post on Crackberry that explains it better. I think Adam wrote it.
    Oh ya, try a hard reset first because that worked for me once.
    Posted via CB10
    Thanks, good idea if you're out in the sticks, so you get your phone working even if it's not your own comp.

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    11-20-14 01:33 AM
    does this work? I am having the same issues with android apps not working on 10.3.0.908. Does anyone have a link to how exactly to do this?
    12-07-14 07:02 PM