Hi Passport users!

So I've had my Passport now for a week. For the most part I am loving my new phone. One issue I have been having (more recently after upgrading to 2480) is that when I am texting, but very often there is extreme lag to open up a message or send a message. I am talking a minute or more at times to load my messages. There is also times where I type a message, send it, and then nothing shows up (meaning I have to retype and send again).

Now this really only happens when I am texting one person. I am wondering if it is because we have a ton of messages (I'm talking thousands) going back to April of 2013. I imported my texts from my Verizon Z10 using Link. I really don't want to lose these texts, but do you think it is necessary to clear the chat to get them to appear instantly?

My Z10 had this issue too, but I assumed it was because of the old hardware. I was hoping it would be a non issue with the Passport.

I am grateful for any help you can give!

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.1.2480/ SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    03-02-15 05:23 PM
    BUMP

This is the screen I get often after clicking on someone's name to text them from the hub.

It will remain on this screen for awhile, usually a minute or two, before showing any messages. Sometimes, it will never pull them up at all.

This is becoming very frustrating! Am I the only one with this issue? Should text messages really take this long to load?
    03-02-15 09:12 PM
    You have properly discerned the root of the problem: massive history of text messages.

Does your friend have a Blackberry? If so, switch to BBM. If not, have your friend get the free BBM app.
    You can also message via WhatsApp ($1/year after free first year), which happens to be the most popular 'texting' app (and ripped off BBM). This app only loads a small history until you scroll up and hit the "show earlier messages" button. Can also export the data.

This really isn't a problem to solve because surely you don't need to keep accessing past history, right?

I haven't seen an option on the Passport to limit loading of past text history, YET (still finding new things on it).
    03-03-15 02:08 AM
    I have no lag at all. I dont keep my text history on my phone either, I back it up or just delete it after a couple of days

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    03-03-15 02:31 AM
    Go into your Device Monitor and close Blend. I'd bet you that your problem will stop instantly.
    03-03-15 02:35 AM
    You have properly discerned the root of the problem: massive history of text messages.

Does your friend have a Blackberry? If so, switch to BBM. If not, have your friend get the free BBM app.
    You can also message via WhatsApp ($1/year after free first year), which happens to be the most popular 'texting' app (and ripped off BBM). This app only loads a small history until you scroll up and hit the "show earlier messages" button. Can also export the data.

This really isn't a problem to solve because surely you don't need to keep accessing past history, right?

I haven't seen an option on the Passport to limit loading of past text history, YET (still finding new things on it).
    I would like to access these texts, are they are from my girlfriend and I, so there is some important history there.

She just switched to the Classic, so we will be using BBM more often, but I would like texting to still be an option. Is there a way to back up the chat logs to my desktop in a way that I can restore them on my Passport if I choose to? That way I can see if it is the root of the problem. I think it is, but I want to be sure. There are times that I text other people and still get this lag, but I think it is because I switch between text message screens (so I will view my girlfriend's text, then swipe back and switch to someone elses, and her texts will appear again OR I get the lag screen...instead of the person's text that I was trying to read, which then appear after another minute if I wait it out). So let's call her person A. I open up A's text messages, read them, go back to open a text from person B, but when I click on B's text, I instead get the screen with A's texts. Then after a few moments, B's texts appear. Very odd / laggy behavior.

To the poster suggesting I turn off blend, I have long since disabled it, but thank you for your suggestion.
    03-03-15 05:16 AM
    Been an issue since the dawn of BB10 and the main root of your problem comes from a very long history. I personally can't see a reason to keep a text message history that long, but to each his own.

You could try using an app like SMSbackup and save the old history to your SD card(or wherever you choose), then delete said history from your device to see if it clears up the issue(100% sure it will). Then restore it later on if you still need it. The only caveat would be that you would loose any new messages after the backup was restored.
    03-03-15 06:50 AM
    I don't think you understood my full idea

Do not delete the text log. Simply *stop using standard text window with her.* Simply don't open it, unless you need to access past history

In the meantime, start a new chat using something like BBM or WhatsApp (which I gather you already started doing so).

And backing up your BB will back up all chat logs, it's part of the process. So you won't lose a love note
    03-09-15 03:47 AM
    I just started to experience this lag, as well. It seems like it could be a Blend issue. Turning off Blend made the lag immediately disappear.
    03-20-15 12:46 AM