It is getting very frustrating not having any updates as to when more passports will be available online or through AT&T. It is also ridiculous to not post anything regarding the release of the white passport. I was hoping BlackBerry would have gotten it together but this is just affecting them negatively...please post any updates because nobody at blackberry or AT&T knows when there will be more passports.

Posted via CB10
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    09-29-14 09:58 PM
    I hear ya! I understand (only through the rumour mill albeit) that Canadian carriers will have them in stores this Wednesday. But nothing 100% confirmed. I did hold one from a Telus store, which kind of rekindled my fire, but not going to lie, I have been looking at the Note 4 release. Unfortunately, they are not much more forthcoming. All of this $ in my wallet (has been there awaiting this device for months) and no one wants to take it

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:06 PM
    Blackberry cannot risk any more inventory write-downs. They lost over 2 billion on Playbook and Z10. This you will have to live with, they will produce the phones in small batches to better manage inventory cycles. The passport took off, but it could have just as easily flopped. You are correct they may lose out on some opportunity, but playing it safe is the way to do it when the world is against you.
    09-29-14 10:10 PM
    I think BlackBerry should throw in some free goodies for people who've gotten their orders delayed...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:25 PM
    Telus stores!!

Go there

Unless you're from the states. Then sorry.

Passport || Fido
    09-30-14 04:37 AM
    Blackberry cannot risk any more inventory write-downs. They lost over 2 billion on Playbook and Z10. This you will have to live with, they will produce the phones in small batches to better manage inventory cycles. The passport took off, but it could have just as easily flopped. You are correct they may lose out on some opportunity, but playing it safe is the way to do it when the world is against you.
    Lack of information is frustrating but it's jumping the gun suggesting inventory write-downs where everyone that has stocked them appear to sell out.
    09-30-14 06:17 AM
    I understand it's not ideal (though the point about limited inventories is true and understandable) but as a general point, really and truly, are we no longer able to wait a few days without it being the end of the world now?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:32 AM
    In most of the European countries it hasn't even launched, so stop whining.

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    09-30-14 06:38 AM
    Lack of information is frustrating but it's jumping the gun suggesting inventory write-downs where everyone that has stocked them appear to sell out.
    I don't think you understood the previous posters point...they are referring to avoiding that situation they were in with z10, not that they are in this situation now. They will ramp up stock now that it's being successful I'm sure, but it doesn't happen over night.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:43 AM
    AT&T emailed me a link to check, http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=1841 , hoping it has some info on the Passport release tomorrow so I can order one or better yet pick one up in store.
    09-30-14 08:03 AM
    It is getting very frustrating not having any updates as to when more passports will be available online or through AT&T. It is also ridiculous to not post anything regarding the release of the white passport. I was hoping BlackBerry would have gotten it together but this is just affecting them negatively...please post any updates because nobody at blackberry or AT&T knows when there will be more passports.

Posted via CB10
    it has been confirmed for 6th October the second batch of Passports (and a bigger batch). For sure demand has exceeded their expectations, no way Blackberry would want to have all this time out of order, wich is great news for Blackberry, means it's a success. Remember, after the big writte down of Z10's and Q10's unsold, is normal that Blackberry had more caution in the number of devices they made.
    09-30-14 08:32 AM
    Actually absence will create a demand....not forgetting that BlackBerry phones have become like a niche brand and those that like them will wait
    saxxman likes this.
    09-30-14 08:44 AM
    Telus stores!!

Go there

Unless you're from the states. Then sorry.

Passport || Fido
    Won't make much of a difference unless you are already with Telus or planning on changing service providers.
    Most, if not all, Telus stores aren't allowing people to buy out right. They want people to get locked in for two years.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:48 AM
    Seeing as how they sold out in a day... I'd say they'll be back in stock in a month's time.
    09-30-14 08:49 AM
    I don't buy a phone on contract . I am with Telus but I am waiting mine from Blackberry. If you go to Blacberry.com and it stated that " back order will start shipping on October 6th" , so quit whining
    09-30-14 09:04 AM
    It was announced like a week ago...

Someone wants it baaad..
    09-30-14 09:20 AM