12-10-19 12:16 PM
59 123
tools
    Absolutely plausible.

Posted via my Passport
    12-08-19 11:38 PM
    I've been reading from the Kindle for BB10 app on my Z10 and no heat or abnormal battery draw down so I guess it's another case of avoid power hungry android apps on a BB10 device. Even though the BB10 version of Amazon Kindle is android, it must be so old that it is devoid of the battery-sucking features of newer versions. Sometimes newer doesn't always mean better.
    Running a clean BB10 without Android apps allows me to frequently get 8-14 hours of battery life from my Z10, with a new old stock battery. When I added Slack via an APK a while back, that decreased to 4-6 hours, and the phone ran hot quite often, and that was just one app.

My attitude is that BB10 is very, very suboptimal for Android apps. I just don't run them.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-09-19 09:26 AM
    Running a clean BB10 without Android apps allows me to frequently get 8-14 hours of battery life from my Z10, with a new old stock battery. When I added Slack via an APK a while back, that decreased to 4-6 hours, and the phone ran hot quite often, and that was just one app.

My attitude is that BB10 is very, very suboptimal for Android apps. I just don't run them.

It can vary wildly. For whatever reason some Android apps can run all day without issue. Others, like you say, are absolute monsters.

It mostly depends on what services have scheduled wakelocks in the Runtime.

I have Telegram running, and it barely touches the battery.
    12-09-19 09:32 AM
    It can vary wildly. For whatever reason some Android apps can run all day without issue. Others, like you say, are absolute monsters.

It mostly depends on what services have scheduled wakelocks in the Runtime.

I have Telegram running, and it barely touches the battery.
    That makes perfect sense. Running code in the runtime adds computational overhead, so an app that's more active in the background will cost more than a calm one. Many early Android apps were a hot mess in the race to grab market share, and I attribute a lot of the performance issues with APKs on BB10 to that, plus over active use of remote services that many apps exhibit.

I loaded a movie theatre app on my KEYone this weekend, and it accessed my location 30K times in three days!!!

12-09-19 11:08 AM
    Thank you. Loaded the oldest version listed (2016) which is Android version 4.3. It is still very slow loading but does function once loaded.

Posted via my Passport
    Glad I could help, do what we can to keep the flame alive......
    12-09-19 06:10 PM
    Glad I could help, do what we can to keep the flame alive......
    Alas, had to uninstall Kindle. But I am with you! We will keep the flame alive for as long as possible!

Posted via my Passport
    12-09-19 06:15 PM
    Alas, had to uninstall Kindle. But I am with you! We will keep the flame alive for as long as possible!

Posted via my Passport
    No trouble with the top right corner of the Passport there.
    12-09-19 08:28 PM
    Yes! Of course it's the top right corner that gets hot! Like all Passports, some more, some less! Only with the Android Kindle it never cooled off. That's the only app that does that and I have 31 approximate Android apps installed. The only other time the top right corner gets hot is during a reboot and after 7-10 minutes cools down to normal and stays that way within reason and depending on app usage, Native vs Android!

Posted via my Passport
    12-09-19 08:55 PM
    Yes! Of course it's the top right corner that gets hot! Like all Passports, some more, some less! Only with the Android Kindle it never cooled off. That's the only app that does that and I have 31 approximate Android apps installed. The only other time the top right corner gets hot is during a reboot and after 7-10 minutes cools down to normal and stays that way within reason and depending on app usage, Native vs Android!

Posted via my Passport
    I also found when an app causes the phone to get hot and it is a must have. I open system>CPU>APP Running and close it manually. Heat stops ASAP> After I am done with it.
    12-10-19 12:16 PM
59 123