I found Kindle for BB10. But I was informed that it isn't available for BB Passport. How can I use Kindle for my Passport SE. Please advise...Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 10:56 AM
    It works for the Passport, just install the Kindle for BlackBerry 10 app you already found.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 11:23 AM
    Kindle works great on the PP. In fact the PP is a great device for reading.
    04-14-16 11:30 AM
    Great and Many thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 11:58 AM
    It works for the Passport, just install the Kindle for BlackBerry 10 app you already found.

Posted via CB10
    Where do you find it? No official Kindle App in BBW for Passport. I use the one from Play Store, that is, Android, and it works, but is slow to load and sometimes gives the "Wait?" prompt.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 12:34 PM
    Kindle works great on the PP. In fact the PP is a great device for reading.
    Bought my purposely for that.
    04-14-16 01:09 PM
    Where do you find it? No official Kindle App in BBW for Passport. I use the one from Play Store, that is, Android, and it works, but is slow to load and sometimes gives the "Wait?" prompt.

Posted via CB10
    I want to know also where in BlackBerry World.

Posted with a AT&T Passport.
    04-14-16 01:20 PM
    It is also on the Amazon App Store too.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 01:29 PM
    The port in BlackBerry World is only available for all touch BB10 devices.
    04-14-16 01:35 PM
    The port in BlackBerry World is only available for all touch BB10 devices.
    Yes, and I've tried every trick I know to get it to DL on the Passport, including a Web DL request to send an email to my PP. I've got it on my wife's Z10. I assume there's no way to backup an app from the Z10 then selectively restore it via Windows Link to a different device. I was thinking of trying that, but am concerned it would somehow erase my other installed apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 07:53 PM
    Kindle is an Amazon product. That should be a hint.
    04-14-16 09:30 PM
    Kindle is an Amazon product. That should be a hint.
    A hint about what? It's easy to DL Kindle Android from either the Amazon App Store or Google Play Store, and as I said, it works acceptably on the Passport. It would be nice to have the native Kindle for BlackBerry 10 on the Passport, not just on the touch devices without a PKBD.

It's not clear if the Kindle for BlackBerry 10, which is 3 years old and designed for the Z10 and maybe the Z30, would even work on a Passport. If it did work, it would probably work better than the Android version of Kindle.

I suspect this is a technical issue rather than anything having to do with Amazon protecting its brand. More likely it's a matter of no one developing native BlackBerry apps any longer, which is symptomatic of the bigger problem with OS 10 devices, which is that they are near EOL.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 09:54 PM
    It would be nice to have the native Kindle for BlackBerry 10 on the Passport, not just on the touch devices without a PKBD.

It's not clear if the Kindle for BlackBerry 10, which is 3 years old and designed for the Z10 and maybe the Z30, would even work on a Passport. If it did work, it would probably work better than the Android version of Kindle.

Posted via CB10
    There is no native Kindle app: the one in BlackBerry World is just an Android port.
    04-15-16 07:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    As you said above. I have just had time to try about this. And I met the same situation as you said. It seems like I have to use android version for my PP. By the way, I don't know why Kindle for Android can't see the link or VDO clips that are attached in the E book. So when I read it. Somehow I had to go back to use IPad for checking and seeing the clips. Then come back to read in my incredible screen size BB Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 08:26 AM