So I'm about two months of wear into my Passport, and I'm noticing that my keyboard keys are beginning to make rattling noises when the return to a rest state after being depressed and activated. Anyone else experiencing this? So when I type anything, the keyboard sounds a little like it's jingling, very loose feeling.

At this rate, the Passport keyboard won't last long. And it started out super solid, felt like Topre switches or clay tablets.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:08 AM
    My "B" key makes some sounds as if it loose after picking it up from rest
    12-19-14 05:17 AM
    No issues with any of ours...have had since first days and use heavily.

Passport'n stuff all day long.
    12-19-14 05:26 AM
    'v' used to give trouble about 2 weeks ago, but now it's fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:31 AM
    Nope. Mind haven't shown any of these signs.
    12-19-14 05:42 AM
    nope no issue here

posted via northwest with my passport
    12-19-14 06:40 AM
    No. I haven't had any issues with keys, screen lifting, decals coming off, light bleed or any of the other problems I've read about. I've had mine since Oct.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 07:40 AM
    Yep my return key is making those noisies. It is also coming loose and appears to be lifting up slightly. Gonna return it and get the keyboard repaired or replaced

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 11:32 AM
    A number of my units including my current Limited Edition Red Passport have key issues. Things seem to have gotten better on more recent units, ones manufactured late October and onwards.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 02:22 PM
    I got the white version and the 6 keys on the edges have that loose wobble to them. I've attempted a return and the new one was the same so I kept it. It's not a big deal but if you feel uneasy about it, return it and see if you get lucky. I wasn't willing to do a return a second time. I figured when it dies I'll Crack it open and swap out the keyboard itself like I did with the q10.

Plus there are other things to consider when you swap out the whole device, the white balance on the screens were different and the lighting behind the keys were slightly different also. See what bugs you and decide from there.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:16 PM
    I'm good here, no issue at all, feels solid.

Have had since the first day and used it every day.
    12-19-14 08:22 PM
    I got the white version and the 6 keys on the edges have that loose wobble to them. I've attempted a return and the new one was the same so I kept it. It's not a big deal but if you feel uneasy about it, return it and see if you get lucky. I wasn't willing to do a return a second time. I figured when it dies I'll Crack it open and swap out the keyboard itself like I did with the q10.

Plus there are other things to consider when you swap out the whole device, the white balance on the screens were different and the lighting behind the keys were slightly different also. See what bugs you and decide from there.

Posted via CB10
    Oh good point about repairing the phone. When are we going to see new parts show up online? I'd love to finish my Passport with the black steel from the red model.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:13 PM
    Purchased a Black Passport very early and no issues. Purchased a Red PP couple weeks ago. No issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:50 PM
    Wowowo this is super surprising! I purchased my device second week after the original launch, and alls well. My device has excellent build quality! No complaints here.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 07:08 AM
    No problems with my Black and White units, but the “I” and “O” keys of my one week old Red one show this rattle noise. I live in Spain, and I imported the phone from the USA, so, it is cumbersome to return it: is here any chemical product to fix the problem? (I do not want to disassemble the phone).
    Last edited by SeiShinRyu; 12-24-14 at 12:02 PM.
    12-24-14 04:03 AM
    The letter 'D' actually fell off on my phone. Had to send it in for repair.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:14 AM
    I have an early Passport and I'm not seeing any issues yet. Keys are all solid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-24-14 11:24 AM
    Generally my phone is acceptable but it appears the top right corner of my screen has lifted about the thickness of the oem BlackBerry screen saver.

Can others check to see if they have the same slight difference in screen depth?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:28 AM
    The letter 'D' actually fell off on my phone. Had to send it in for repair.

Posted via CB10
    ROFLMAO - just wow! Quality build eh?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:04 PM
    ROFLMAO - just wow! Quality build eh?

Posted via CB10
    It's a lot more complex a build than an iPhone, really. It's going to have issues. Though I think the Passport had more than what is acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:35 PM
    So I'm about two months of wear into my Passport, and I'm noticing that my keyboard keys are beginning to make rattling noises when the return to a rest state after being depressed and activated. Anyone else experiencing this? So when I type anything, the keyboard sounds a little like it's jingling, very loose feeling.

At this rate, the Passport keyboard won't last long. And it started out super solid, felt like Topre switches or clay tablets.

Posted via CB10
    My space key does that and it's pretty loud. The keys on the right side of my keyboard aren't as loud or stiff as the ones on the left. My M key in particular hardly has any feedback sound at all. Is it possible to exchange this phone just over 3 months of use because of this? That rattling sound really annoys me when I'm typing in a quiet place.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 11:47 PM
    I own my Passport since it was released last year and so far no issues with the keyboard. I suggest to check with BlackBerry and get a replacement. Warranty should still apply.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 12:02 AM
    Even if it is after the 3 month exchange period?
    03-02-15 12:11 AM