OK so I know this is shouldn't really be talked about here but apples keynote today. There's only one thing that I wish my blackberry PP could do and that I'm jealous of is the pictures that move that was a cool feature for a photography lover here. Sorry again that's the only thing. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 06:52 PM
    Isn't this identical to timeshift?
    09-09-15 07:04 PM
    I assume it's like the old Xperia motiongraph app, which was out way back when the Z1 was around...
    Animate Your Images with Xperia Z1 Motiongraph Port - XDA Forums
    09-09-15 07:20 PM
    Was the most boring apple launch I have ever watched.

Nothing grabbed me as, oh wow!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 07:26 PM
    That feature was introduced on the Nokia lumia windows phones 2 years ago I have it on my old lumia 1520 it's called living images. Apple is out of ideas.

Posted via CB10
    ckch and bh7171 like this.
    09-09-15 07:38 PM
    I hope you guys realize how Apple is copying the BB10 productivity with their peek and pop feature...OMG such a blatant rip off. The are changing their in and out paradym for apps...lololol sounds so familiar.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 10:17 PM
    I hope you guys realize how Apple is copying the BB10 productivity with their peek and pop feature...OMG such a blatant rip off. The are changing their in and out paradym for apps...lololol sounds so familiar.

Posted via CB10
    They're implementing it in a better way.

You can peek at your messages within their message center whereas on BlackBerry you can only preview messages on the lock screen.

The pop feature I haven't seen on BlackBerry yet.

Yea sure BlackBerry has been great with their OS features but Apple and Android always manage to take ideas and make them better.

Posted via CB10
    7onZ likes this.
    09-09-15 10:25 PM
    Pop up message comes up anywhere I'm on. Not just the lock screen?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 11:05 PM
    It is pretty neat. Just saying tho

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 11:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Correct other person was wrong about it just being on the lock screen. It does come up anywhere.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    09-10-15 12:53 AM
    BlackBerry just needs to perform a f***ing leap in BB10 development, I'm sure they can return. iOS 9 still haven't reached BB10 in UX
    09-10-15 01:05 AM
    BlackBerry just needs to perform a f***ing leap in BB10 development, I'm sure they can return. iOS 9 still haven't reached BB10 in UX
    BlackBerry 10 is dead. It's very unfortunate as it is an amazingly powerful OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 01:41 AM
    They're implementing it in a better way.

You can peek at your messages within their message center whereas on BlackBerry you can only preview messages on the lock screen.

The pop feature I haven't seen on BlackBerry yet.

Yea sure BlackBerry has been great with their OS features but Apple and Android always manage to take ideas and make them better.

Posted via CB10
    Make them better?? I have never seen stupider and more restricted OS than iOS. It's only flashy, nothing else. Like a woman with small boobs wearing a push-up bra.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 02:21 AM
    Call me old fashioned, but I remember when "living photos" were known as video. And they could be as long as you wanted them.

I will admit though, that some of their updates have me intrigued. The force touch/3D Touch was very nicely demonstrated. How real life implementation of it is going to work has yet to be seen. The new gesture based app switching seems to be better integrated for its platform. I laughed when they described the peek/flow gestures, but again, it does seem better implemented for its platform.

I have admittedly and openly against iPhone for years, never had one and have only had BlackBerry devices since the original Bold 9000. But it is pretty hard to say this 6s hasn't gotten me thinking. I was thinking of switching platforms/devices when my Z10 started its last year of use. And it suddenly stopped taking/making cell calls and texts just when the Passport released. I wasn't fully ready to leave BlackBerry. So I got the unlocked Passport 9 months ago. The keyboard has been great, but I am starting to feel torn.

I try to keep in mind that I am using BlackBerry because of the way it helps me manage emails as I have quite a few accounts between work, personal, and personal business. BB10 has been great in that respect. But I do kind of want more out of my devices. Not sure how much longer I may stay with BlackBerry.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, just a couple of days ago, my screen started lifting just above the "P" and along the bottom right of the screen. :: sigh :: kind of sucks after only 9 months of use.

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    dejanh likes this.
    09-10-15 02:42 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is dead. It's very unfortunate as it is an amazingly powerful OS.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe not! It's been my best mobile OS experience yet
    09-10-15 01:26 PM
    iPad Pro is a joke for anyone who knows a thing or two about pennable tablets. Stylus looks like a ******* Harry Potter wand.

Keep in mind this comic was made 3 years ago:
    The keynote today-2012-06-19-surface-tension.jpg
    scorepion likes this.
    09-10-15 03:31 PM
    iPad Pro is a joke for anyone who knows a thing or two about pennable tablets.
    You mean those Window tablets that never caught on for all those years and even resulted in a billion dollar write-down for Microsoft a couple of years ago? That joke?
    09-10-15 03:50 PM
    You mean those Window tablets that never caught on for all those years and even resulted in a billion dollar write-down for Microsoft a couple of years ago? That joke?
    However you want to look at it, I mean a tablet form-factor that runs a full desktop operating system for maximum productivity with an active digitizer that functions for perfect notetaking.

Not a glorified mobile operating system with a $100 stick that runs for 30 minutes and then requires you to plug it back into the tablet to charge for 15 min. Not even enough charge to take notes for an entire college lecture.

That's a joke. Whether the Windows tablets sold or not has nothing to do with the quality of the technology. The average consumer knows jack **** about stylus input or the amazing and productive technologies that exist. Apple will market the device well, and it'll sell like hotcakes. Not a chance I'd use an iPad Pro.

Furthermore, the iPad Pro is a Surface 3/Pro 3 clone, with 99% less functionality. Less computational power, no kickstand, more expensive and less functional keyboard. The list goes on and on!

Can't wait for the Verge and other media outlets to justify the outrageous cost of the accessories when all they do is bash Microsoft over and over for the cost of the Type Cover and Surface Pen.
    09-10-15 03:53 PM
    Best part of the Apple's keynote was Microsoft showcasing Office apps on Apple Surface RT.

Posted via  Passport Silver Edition
    09-10-15 04:10 PM
    As a surface 3 owner I can say it is the best computer I've ever owned. More computer than tablet though (on account of lack of apps and cost). Surface is the way if the future. No doubt.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 05:29 PM
    We haven't seen the mac book air offerings this year have we? That is the real competition to surface pro line.

I have had a few friends do comparables of those two laptops. Sadly they all went mac. I am more of a pc guy. Maybe hoping after I move there might be some money left over for a Surface Pro 4

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:08 PM
    For whatever reason, Microsoft decided they were on board with an Office demo at the iPad Pro introduction and we already know that IBM is going to be selling them to their clients. I don't know how much more enterprise you can get than that. Of course, there will be plenty of Windows tablets in the enterprise space but it's clear that there will also be plenty of iPads, too. As for the price, anytime you can deploy a device like this for less than $1000, that's a win.
    09-10-15 07:05 PM
    However you want to look at it, I mean a tablet form-factor that runs a full desktop operating system for maximum productivity with an active digitizer that functions for perfect notetaking.
    You've never even picked up the iPad Pro, so you have no idea how it functions in terms of productivity or stylus accuracy.

Not a glorified mobile operating system with a $100 stick that runs for 30 minutes and then requires you to plug it back into the tablet to charge for 15 min. Not even enough charge to take notes for an entire college lecture.
    Are you referring to the iPad Pro's stylus here? Because according to Apple, it will get 12 hours on a full charge, and 15 seconds (not 15 minutes) of charging will give you 30 minutes of use.

Furthermore, the iPad Pro is a Surface 3/Pro 3 clone, with 99% less functionality.
    99% less functionality? Care to quantify that? I'm not saying the iPad Pro is as powerful or functional as a Surface, but 1% as functional is stretching so far, I'm surprised your arms and legs didn't rip right off your torso.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-10-15 07:18 PM
    OK so I know this is shouldn't really be talked about here but apples keynote today. There's only one thing that I wish my blackberry PP could do and that I'm jealous of is the pictures that move that was a cool feature for a photography lover here. Sorry again that's the only thing. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Ummmm......you can do this already on a BlackBerry. It's called video edit. Then once you edit your video for length, you can send it as an MMS message. Couple more steps, but the same thing. Give it a try. You can also do slow motion video too. Play around with the video editing. Have fun!!

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh you were referring to toast notifications - yes bb10 did have this since 10.2 and it was great.

But android and apple soon followed.

The keynote from yesterday didn't demonstrate toast notifications - it showed message previews in their message center, something that BlackBerry doesn't not offer other than the lock screen previews.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 11:44 PM
27 12