I could swear that when I first got my Passport the keyboard lit up to show the keys. Maybe I was dreaming as it doesn't light up at all anymore. I find it hard to see the keys in low light. As I'm still getting used to the keyboard I still need to search for the proper key so it's a minor inconvenience.

Anybody know if I turned off a setting by mistake? Or was I really dreaming and the keys never did light up? Honestly I have been way too busy with other things to notice and suppose that if the illumination was there, I now only notice because it is not.
    10-18-14 08:35 AM
    My keys are always backlit.. looks to me like your device is experiencing some issues.. I'm not aware of any settings for the backlit keyboard.. perhaps a hard reset might do the trick? If not, I would return the device and request a replacement under warranty.. I believe all passports came with 30 days complimentary blackberry support.. give them a call and let them know about the issue..

Posted via CB10
    alan510 likes this.
    10-18-14 09:01 AM
    My keys are lit but it's hard to tell in open daylight. Had to go to a dark area to confirm.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:59 AM
    My keys are lit but it's hard to tell in open daylight. Had to go to a dark area to confirm.

Posted via CB10
    Your keys shouldn't light up in daylight unless it's dark ;-). You could run BlackBerry virtual expert to make sure your sensors are working. If not then do a hard reset by holding both up n down volume buttons and wait till the phone reboots. Once it has then run BlackBerry virtual expert and see if it passes the sensors test. If not then send the Passport back for a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    Dan_C likes this.
    10-18-14 11:06 AM