I use a shortcut to toggle my notifications. I'm not a big fan of ring tones anymore so I prefer the vibrate function over a ringtone. The problem here is I set my two profiles as (silent) and (vibrate) to toggle between, this works fine in the quick settings but when I use the keyboard shortcut it defaults to (normal) and (vibrate). Is there a work around or is it something that will probably come out in the future?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:21 PM
    If you're on 10.3.1 you can adjust your quick settings to cycle through more profiles.
    03-02-15 10:23 PM
    Did you even read lol? I adjusted it to cycle through vibrate and silent which works fine in quick settings, however when I use my keyboard shortcut it completely ignores my settings and goes back to the default..

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:55 PM
    I have the same problem and asked in the forum but couldn't get any answer. In my case, when I use the keyboard shortcut to toggle the notification mode, it switch between normal and silent mode, but I want it to switch between normal and vibrate mode, this works find if using the quick setting.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 11:18 PM
    i had the same problem . i did a bunch of reading . from what i can tell the keyboard toggle will only work between normal and silent . . so my work around was to keep the labels normal and silent but then change what they do within settings. so set normal to evertyhing silent and set silent to vibrate . i think that would work
    Just Me likes this.
    03-03-15 04:34 AM
    I did the same thing, customising my "Silent" profile. But it's pretty dumb that the Keyboard Shortcut doesn't follow the Quick Settings...
    Already made a note of it in the Beta Zone, hope they consider it a bug as well.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    03-03-15 04:46 AM
    I think it's a bug.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-03-15 05:45 AM
    If I remember correctly even BBOS devices would only toggle normal or vibrate using the keyboard shortcuts. I could be wrong but I really don't feel like digging out my 9900 to find out.

With that being said, I to wish it would follow what is set in quick settings.
    03-03-15 06:38 AM
    On a second thought I think it makes sense to have Q for Quiet. Sometimes you just want to put the phone on silent regardless.
    They should also provide us with the ability to cycle through the Notification Profiles. I'm happy for putting the phone on Silent directly too.

03-03-15 04:12 PM
    Mine toggles between Normal and Silent using the Q keyboard shortcut and I have it set to flip through Normal, Sent, Vibrate and Do Not Disturb in Quick Settings.

Posted via my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-03-15 04:57 PM
    On a second thought I think it makes sense to have Q for Quiet. Sometimes you just want to put the phone on silent regardless.
    They should also provide us with the ability to cycle through the Notification Profiles. I'm happy for putting the phone on Silent directly too.

I think the main issue is: you can manually set this to any key you want, and it is just called "toggle notifications mode". Now if it was called "quiet/silent toggle" or something I would agree with you.
    However the only other Setting in the OS named in this way is where you change the Quick settings behaviour. So for intuitive behaviour I think it would make much more sense to follow these settings.

03-03-15 05:21 PM
    I think the main issue is: you can manually set this to any key you want, and it is just called "toggle notifications mode". Now if it was called "quiet/silent toggle" or something I would agree with you.
    However the only other Setting in the OS named in this way is where you change the Quick settings behaviour. So for intuitive behaviour I think it would make much more sense to follow these settings.

Yeah I agree. I think it's wording is incorrect.
    The Quick Setting is something new and am sure they didn't think it through in all aspects.
    I don't know why they didn't add other settings that can be used in the keyboard shortcuts.

03-04-15 04:19 AM
    If you want more keyboard shortcuts then have a look at

Keyboard Shortcuts - Access to 32+ custom keyboard shortcuts - BlackBerry World
    03-04-15 09:06 AM