If I asked myself the same question yesterday I'd would have said 'pffft'. but I went into a situation that I really needed this feature!

Wouldn't it be nice to have the flashlight shortcut? Like hold pressing 'F' will get me the flashlight to turn on, and to make it even better, to work while phone is locked!

Any suggestions of an android app that will turn on instantly when opened?

Passport /10.3.1.2267 <---- amazing.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 12:59 PM
    With 10.3.1 on a Passport, you should already have that ability.
    Try long pressing a key, that isn't already assigned a shortcut, and see if you get a dialog to assign an action or app to it.
    02-13-15 01:31 PM
    With 10.3.1 on a Passport, you should already have that ability.
    Try long pressing a key, that isn't already assigned a shortcut, and see if you get a dialog to assign an action or app to it.
    Theres none for flashlight I triple checked before posting :P

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 01:57 PM
    Theres none for flashlight I triple checked before posting :P

Posted via CB10
    Just a thought, there are a few shortcut creation apps.
    Maybe you can create a shortcut to the flashlight via an app, then assign that shortcut to a key-press.
    02-13-15 02:05 PM
    You are in luck. We already have an app for that for months but we holding it until 10.3.1 release. If there are enough interest we will post it.

See screen shot.

Keyboard shortcut for flashlight?-img_20150213_131328.png

The app is not free.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 02:15 PM
    You know... I hadn't bothered with the short cuts, but looking at it right now there are notably a number of useful things missing. Pretty much everything in that screen shot.
    02-13-15 03:05 PM
    My app has over 35 new shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 03:11 PM
    are you still testing it etc? would love to give this a try asap!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 03:22 PM
    are you still testing it etc? would love to give this a try asap!
    me too!

one of the best things about Doro phones (which are really good for seniors, etc) is that a lot of them have a built-in flashlight, that you can access from a side button.... a shortcut key on my passport would work just as well for me
    02-13-15 03:55 PM
    That might be neat. Although I have the flashlight in my quick settings menu, so double finger swipe from the top and toggle on!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 04:35 PM
    If I asked myself the same question yesterday I'd would have said 'pffft'. but I went into a situation that I really needed this feature!

Wouldn't it be nice to have the flashlight shortcut? Like hold pressing 'F' will get me the flashlight to turn on, and to make it even better, to work while phone is locked!

Posted via CB10
    That would be awesome! I use mine all the time.... even though it's pretty fast turning it on by the drop down menu it would be 100x better to just be able to hold down a key to turn it on.....

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 08:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Please let us try this app!!! Or at least buy it!
    02-13-15 09:16 PM
    Please let us try this app!!! Or at least buy it!
    This, with a fancy dress on

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-14-15 12:54 AM
    Ok. Here is the app Keyboard Shortcuts

What is Keyboard Shortcuts?

There are only 25 available keys that you can assign shortcuts to. Pretty soon you will run out of keys. This is where Keyboard Shortcuts comes in. Keyboard Shortcuts offers many new shortcuts not possible with the System Shortcuts. Unlike the System Shortcuts, Keyboard Shortcuts comes with Template Managers to let you add unlimited shortcuts.

Example of new shortcuts

* Flashlight

* Turn on and off Bluetooth

* Clipboard/File Manager. Access all your files

* Compose Text/Email Template managers

*Maps Blackberry or Google Maps

*Speed dial. Unlimited speed dials

* System setting shortcuts

* Fart sound

* Fake Call. The only fake call on BB10

* System info with Speech

Click on the link to read more

Keyboard Shortcuts - Access to 32+ custom keyboard shortcuts - BlackBerry World
    Essoo likes this.
    02-14-15 08:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Download a flashlight app and create a shortcut key with 10.3.1!
    I use: FLASHBACK from 13sides.
    Just notice you need an app that starts the flash light if you open the app!
    ankenn likes this.
    02-14-15 08:53 AM

There are only 25 available keys that you can assign shortcuts to. Pretty soon you will run out of keys. This is where Keyboard Shortcuts comes in. Keyboard Shortcuts offers many new shortcuts not possible with the System Shortcuts. Unlike the System Shortcuts, Keyboard Shortcuts comes with Template Managers to let you add unlimited shortcuts.

Example of new shortcuts

* Flashlight

* Fart sound

Great! Just bought it.. will give it a try and leave you a review

Posted via CB10
    Smiley88 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    02-14-15 08:54 AM
    My nokia E72 (now replaced by Classic) had this feature and it was perfect. I would love to see this feature on BB.
    02-19-15 12:15 PM
    My nokia E72 (now replaced by Classic) had this feature and it was perfect. I would love to see this feature on BB.
    It's there in Keyboard Shortcuts app.
    1ese likes this.
    02-19-15 01:34 PM
    Long live the E72! Still using it, and a C7 which turns the LED flashlight on/off via a a slide key on the side of the case. Unless I can find a phone which allows a locked phone with a long key press to turn on the LED, then I'll continue using these old phones.

I like the look of the BB Classic, does this keyboard shortcut app for LED work when the phone is locked and the key is pressed for say a couple of seconds?
    02-20-15 07:29 AM

Example of new shortcuts

* Flashlight

* Fart sound

Do you have a list of all shortcuts available somewhere?
    What I would love is to be able to go to home screen from Hub, swiping right on keyboard does not take me away from hub.
    Although this won't really help much since we still cannot select an app using keyboard tap, so we might as well type the app name but to type the app name you still have to exit out of hub.
    07-21-15 12:22 AM
    It's probably me but scrolling down the menu and push the 'Torch' button is quite shortcut for me...

Posted via CB10
    yamahammer likes this.
    07-21-15 03:40 AM
    Do you have a list of all shortcuts available somewhere?
    What I would love is to be able to go to home screen from Hub, swiping right on keyboard does not take me away from hub.
    Although this won't really help much since we still cannot select an app using keyboard tap, so we might as well type the app name but to type the app name you still have to exit out of hub.
    I think the slide up, from bottom screen, then right (drawing an inverted L) gets you from anywhere or any app to hub or from hub to home.

And to search an app from anywhere (if this feature is enabled from your BlackBerry Assistant settings) just hold the mute key to launch the BB assistant then start to type.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    07-21-15 09:46 AM