Hi,

Last week I accidentally had a quick shower with my pp There hasn't been anything for 3 days. But after that some letters (e, t, y, b space) are not pressing properly. I have to press these letters at least two or three times to type.

Is there solution you can suggest? Do you think Spraying isopropyl alcohol to keyboard (or contact cleaner, which one is better?) when it's turned off, blowing some pressurized air and then drying it in lab oven at 40oC with silica-gel overnight work?
    08-14-17 06:43 AM
    I'd disassemble the Passport and then try to treat the keyboard separately.

That said a new keyboard is only about $20 on eTradeSupply. But then there is no guarantee that only the keyboard was damaged by the water.
    08-14-17 07:18 AM
    Yeah it make sense but years ago I tried to replace 9780 screen and it was very difficult (although I can change every iPhone's screen, laptop screens etc), I had screen version problem and it didn't work after all.
    Therefore I don't want to involve disassembling and replacing parts.
    08-14-17 07:44 AM
    Hi,

Last week I accidentally had a quick shower with my pp There hasn't been anything for 3 days. But after that some letters (e, t, y, b space) are not pressing properly. I have to press these letters at least two or three times to type.

Is there solution you can suggest? Do you think Spraying isopropyl alcohol to keyboard (or contact cleaner, which one is better?) when it's turned off, blowing some pressurized air and then drying it in lab oven at 40oC with silica-gel overnight work?
    You should have leave the telephone in a box with rice for at least 24 hrs. For me it worked with a Q10 totally washed by water.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-17 01:12 PM