I just got Passport and already have problems. I autoloaded OS 10.3.1.2744 and my keyboard is not touch responsive in the middle area (letters t,z,h,g, and space). I can press them but i cannot scroll with them. What could be the issue?

And it heats up like crazy much.
    05-09-15 10:14 AM
    You try a hard reset?
    05-09-15 10:28 AM
    You try a hard reset?
    Yes. countless times. I will try to downgrade to 2726. See if that helps. Seriously doubt it. At least i't not heating up now so much. :-(
    05-09-15 10:32 AM
    Keyboard is not touch sensitive on letters t,g,z,h-img_20150509_174507.png
    I even did a test in virtual expert. Nooooooo :'(

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 10:46 AM
    I concluded that it's not a software problem. It's a faulty device with an unresponsive middle part of the keyboard. Am I the only one with this?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 12:45 AM
    Amazing how I have never been able to get any help on this forum. All a person can find here are endless discussions about where is BlackBerry heading and whether black freakin Hub is coming in the next update.

If a person has any serious problem then forget about CrackBerry. So sad.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 03:43 AM
    You have already answered your question through bbve test. Its a hardware defect..

But nothing wrong in tryng to reload os before going through RMA process..

Posted via my awesome Passport
    05-11-15 05:53 AM
    Why are you sad? If you have a defective unit then either send for warranty or return it, what more are you expecting from us? Sympathy?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2576
    05-11-15 07:14 AM
    I already flashed various autoloaders, nothing helped.
    I am not asking for sympathy it is just weird that I am the only one with this problem. And there is no BlackBerry service in my country, third world obviously. That's why I can't just return it and get a new unit.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 07:59 AM
    I already flashed various autoloaders, nothing helped.
    I am not asking for sympathy it is just weird that I am the only one with this problem. And there is no BlackBerry service in my country, third world obviously. That's why I can't just return it and get a new unit.

Posted via CB10
    I feel for you as you my advice would be to just return it. Our 3 family Passports (1 from September shopblackberry, 1 from November shopblackberry, and a more recent one from AT&T) all have zero issues software or hardware. First thing I do when I get a new device (or for a family member) is BBVE. I do this prior to doing anything else on any of my BlackBerry devices as if it were to fail I'd return.

I definitely would not say what you have regarding this forum. I came here during the BB10 launch and have received nothing but help/tips/advice. Really learned a lot and while I still have questions at times, I'm now able to help others as well. Learned a lot thanks to CrackBerry!

Anyway, I'm sorry that you are in a country where you cannot return your device. Where was it purchased from? This is the first thread I've seen regarding the capacitive keyboard not functioning in a certain area. As stated, you already did utilize the BBVE app which showed you exactly what area is not functional. If you really have no way to return or somehow do not have the warranty that comes with the Passport when you purchase a new one then, while not a fix at all, I'd still stick with the Passport.

I personally rarely use the middle of the keyboard for scrolling and using either side with your thumb will likely become second nature. Not sure if you are able to flick up the center suggested word or not, but that would be an issue. If you purchased new I would think you would be able to use the warranty through BlackBerry that comes with the Passport. If not see if you are able to flick all 3 suggestions (not sure if you even use flicking, my mother does not).

Also, it is a small portion of the keyboard based on the BBVE results... I tend to scroll with either the right side or mostly use the touch screen. I think there are really a few reasons why you say you have not received help. One being this is the first I've seen this problem. Another being the fact that you ran the test with BBVE which showed you exactly the problem and where so there is not much else for anyone to help you figure out.

Talk to your seller or see if you can use the warranty as the next step would be to get a replacement. If not, I do feel for you as I've stated, but think if you have no other options that you'd be able to still use and enjoy the device. In all honesty I rarely scroll with the keyboard (really have to start using this feature), the only drawback for myself would be whether or not you can flick up the center suggestion as that would slow me down if not.

I'm kind of repeating myself here, but since you answered your own question why not provide details on where you bought the device from and see if anyone can help from there. As it is, you have already found the issue. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I will keep my eye out for this thread if there is any further help or advice that you need.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 08:26 AM
    I really don't know what kind of help that you expected OP.. I really think that it's a hardware problem, if the BBVE is showing you that. If software reload really didn't work, then the only way to solve your problem is to take it for repair or return it. If they don't have any service center in your country, then you might have to send it, or sell it? Where did you buy it though? Why can't you return it to the place where you bought it?
    05-11-15 08:42 AM
    I feel for you as you my advice would be to just return it. Our 3 family Passports (1 from September shopblackberry, 1 from November shopblackberry, and a more recent one from AT&T) all have zero issues software or hardware. First thing I do when I get a new device (or for a family member) is BBVE. I do this prior to doing anything else on any of my BlackBerry devices as if it were to fail I'd return.

I definitely would not say what you have regarding this forum. I came here during the BB10 launch and have received nothing but help/tips/advice. Really learned a lot and while I still have questions at times, I'm now able to help others as well. Learned a lot thanks to CrackBerry!

Anyway, I'm sorry that you are in a country where you cannot return your device. Where was it purchased from? This is the first thread I've seen regarding the capacitive keyboard not functioning in a certain area. As stated, you already did utilize the BBVE app which showed you exactly what area is not functional. If you really have no way to return or somehow do not have the warranty that comes with the Passport when you purchase a new one then, while not a fix at all, I'd still stick with the Passport.

I personally rarely use the middle of the keyboard for scrolling and using either side with your thumb will likely become second nature. Not sure if you are able to flick up the center suggested word or not, but that would be an issue. If you purchased new I would think you would be able to use the warranty through BlackBerry that comes with the Passport. If not see if you are able to flick all 3 suggestions (not sure if you even use flicking, my mother does not).

Also, it is a small portion of the keyboard based on the BBVE results... I tend to scroll with either the right side or mostly use the touch screen. I think there are really a few reasons why you say you have not received help. One being this is the first I've seen this problem. Another being the fact that you ran the test with BBVE which showed you exactly the problem and where so there is not much else for anyone to help you figure out.

Talk to your seller or see if you can use the warranty as the next step would be to get a replacement. If not, I do feel for you as I've stated, but think if you have no other options that you'd be able to still use and enjoy the device. In all honesty I rarely scroll with the keyboard (really have to start using this feature), the only drawback for myself would be whether or not you can flick up the center suggestion as that would slow me down if not.

I'm kind of repeating myself here, but since you answered your own question why not provide details on where you bought the device from and see if anyone can help from there. As it is, you have already found the issue. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I will keep my eye out for this thread if there is any further help or advice that you need.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks alot man for your support.
    I bought in the bidding war on ebay de. Contacted the seller but she does not understand what am I talking about here. Now I recorded a video of the said problem and sent it to her. We'll see. I like the device so much but i can't swipe up in the middle and that really bothers me. I would have liked more if that was a software problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 08:42 AM
    Thanks alot man for your support.
    I bought in the bidding war on ebay de. Contacted the seller but she does not understand what am I talking about here. Now I recorded a video of the said problem and sent it to her. We'll see. I like the device so much but i can't swipe up in the middle and that really bothers me. I would have liked more if that was a software problem.

Posted via CB10
    No problem, definitely not an ideal situation. Did not know you purchased through ebay. Seems like you're on the right track as far as contacting the seller and sending a video. Even a screen shot of the failed BBVE test to the seller stating the capacitive touch keyboard is defective in the center which is a hardware issue should be enough. I would have a problem as well if I could not flick up as this really helps me bang out emails and everything else.

I'm with you though... send me a phone with a software issue any day! Easy enough to reload software or wipe the device. Hardware issues are not so easy. I'm not sure how the device was listed on ebay, but ebay is also pretty decent if you have to contact them regarding the sale letting them know that you received a device with a hardware defect.

Of course you are right to give the seller a chance to refund you or whatever can be worked out. It really will depend on how the Passport was listed on ebay as to whether or not they will help if the seller bails on you. They are usually good with that as I've had to escalate an issue and ebay resolved it for me here in the US.

Good luck with the seller. Sucks because the Passport really is a great device!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 08:19 PM
    No problem, definitely not an ideal situation. Did not know you purchased through ebay. Seems like you're on the right track as far as contacting the seller and sending a video. Even a screen shot of the failed BBVE test to the seller stating the capacitive touch keyboard is defective in the center which is a hardware issue should be enough. I would have a problem as well if I could not flick up as this really helps me bang out emails and everything else.

I'm with you though... send me a phone with a software issue any day! Easy enough to reload software or wipe the device. Hardware issues are not so easy. I'm not sure how the device was listed on ebay, but ebay is also pretty decent if you have to contact them regarding the sale letting them know that you received a device with a hardware defect.

Of course you are right to give the seller a chance to refund you or whatever can be worked out. It really will depend on how the Passport was listed on ebay as to whether or not they will help if the seller bails on you. They are usually good with that as I've had to escalate an issue and ebay resolved it for me here in the US.

Good luck with the seller. Sucks because the Passport really is a great device!

Posted via CB10
    After much arguing the seller agreed to refund. But I lost a lot of money because of PayPal conversions from dollars to euros to croatian kuna. Terrible. In the meantime i bought another Passport from ebay and waiting for it to arrive. Hope all is well. :-P

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 10:27 AM