Hi guys, My "R" key has gone, of course i can still use it I bought my passport in summer 2014.. no garanty (bought it from BlackBerry. Com via shipito to france)
    Any advices ?

PS: and now WhatsApp is not working..double kick
    Keyboard letter  " R " has gone -:(-bb-pp.jpg
    01-17-18 08:56 AM
    Not sure what advice you're looking for outside of the conclusions you could have come up with yourself. It's busted and out of warranty... fix it yourself.. pay to get it fixed by someone else or buy a new phone. Those are your options.

https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...pad-black.html
    01-17-18 09:34 AM
    Such a shame that replacement red keyboards are as available as rocking horse sh!t.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-18 01:09 PM
    just buy a Parts phone off eBay and do it
    01-17-18 01:27 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    Can i do it myself ? is there a " i fix it manual " ?
    01-18-18 03:24 AM
    Thanks for your reply.
    Can i do it myself ? is there a " i fix it manual " ?
    Probably on YouTube somewhere.
    01-18-18 05:53 AM
    There is dissasemble videos (quite a few very good ones) on youtube for about every phone. If you are a little handy it's probably quite easy.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 05:54 AM
    While this scenario remains super rare, it's the reason BBMo/TCL should make a unibody keyboard on ALL upcoming phones. Take the Priv as an example.
    01-18-18 06:48 AM
    While this scenario remains super rare, it's the reason BBMo/TCL should make a unibody keyboard on ALL upcoming phones. Take the Priv as an example.
    What does that accomplish specifically?
    01-18-18 07:14 AM
    I fixed mine for $28 CND off of Amazon. Easy to disassemble and repair if you have the patience and tools
    01-18-18 07:46 AM
    What does that accomplish specifically?
    You mean besides being a much more failproof design by preventing any individual key from falling off?

Well, it makes IP67/68 rating possible.

If those two reasons aren't compelling enough to convince you that a one piece keyboard is obviously superior, then I'm not sure how to convince you lol
    01-18-18 08:19 AM
    You mean besides being a much more failproof design by preventing any individual key from falling off?

Well, it makes IP67/68 rating possible.

If those two reasons aren't compelling enough to convince you that a one piece keyboard is obviously superior, then I'm not sure how to convince you lol
    Business guy here.... I understand once you explained in native tongue (SIMPLE) AKA (DUMMY). I wonder if KEYone is made with PKB it has simply because that was design? Does it lose tactile functionality with your design? The IP ratings could be premium add but how big is market subset? Many of the enterprise type customers like construction may not trade off durable PKB for cheaper ip VKB rated devices.

Clearly might be a custom device for company like Olbrecht for instance. Unfortunately, iPhone with lifeproof case protects better than ringke on KEYone.

PS speak like I'm Forrest Gump. Us business majors aren't engineers and programmers for a reason.... Duh!!!
    01-18-18 08:32 AM
    Business guy here.... I understand once you explained in native tongue (SIMPLE) AKA (DUMMY). I wonder if KEYone is made with PKB it has simply because that was design? Does it lose tactile functionality with your design? The IP ratings could be premium add but how big is market subset? Many of the enterprise type customers like construction may not trade off durable PKB for cheaper ip VKB rated devices.

Clearly might be a custom device for company like Olbrecht for instance. Unfortunately, iPhone with lifeproof case protects better than ringke on KEYone.

PS speak like I'm Forrest Gump. Us business majors aren't engineers and programmers for a reason.... Duh!!!
    Dude... I was just pointing out the clear advantages a one-piece keyboard has over individually glued keys.

In that respect, Priv's PKB is genius. However, it lacks in key resistance and travel, which the KEYone's is far better at.

Ever heard of a Priv's key falling off? Or water getting in between the keys?

You get the point
    01-19-18 05:04 AM
    Dude... I was just pointing out the clear advantages a one-piece keyboard has over individually glued keys.

In that respect, Priv's PKB is genius. However, it lacks in key resistance and travel, which the KEYone's is far better at.

Ever heard of a Priv's key falling off? Or water getting in between the keys?

You get the point
    I agree. I never really focused on PKB of the PRIV. I ended up using the VKB over time. The KEYone, I've noticed it obviously. I wonder if the cost difference is much or what other reason led to not using a one piece kb?
    01-19-18 07:25 AM
    I agree. I never really focused on PKB of the PRIV. I ended up using the VKB over time. The KEYone, I've noticed it obviously. I wonder if the cost difference is much or what other reason led to not using a one piece kb?
    Whatever it is, not worth it imo. It seems obvious that it is easier to manufacture/keep track of/manage/install 1 large single part than 35 tiny little individual parts. It's just a no brainer common sense to me.

As for us consumers, should let's say someone's PKB get super scratched up, it's much easier to order 1 big part than to place a special order for a single specific key.

Please TCL, don't glue individual glossy pieces on your next devices.
    01-19-18 08:35 AM
    Whatever it is, not worth it imo. It seems obvious that it is easier to manufacture/keep track of/manage/install 1 large single part than 35 tiny little individual parts. It's just a no brainer common sense to me.

As for us consumers, should let's say someone's PKB get super scratched up, it's much easier to order 1 big part than to place a special order for a single specific key.

Please TCL, don't glue individual glossy pieces on your next devices.
    I was going to "R" eply but my key fell off..

Just kidding.....
    Jon Wiggy and elfabio80 like this.
    01-19-18 12:19 PM
    Replace (key)
    Renew (renew phone)
    Recycle

Posted via CB10
    01-19-18 01:02 PM