I've had my Passport for a year now and absolutely love it, however there's something small yet so annoying that's on my keyboard. There's a slight chip on the letter 'U' so you can see the backlight shining through slightly.

I've tried using a sharpie and that tends to last 2 or 3 days until it rubs off from typing. I was wondering if anyone can suggest a better way of covering the chip up? Would a sharpie work if I used something over the top after?

I have looked at replacing the whole keyboard but unfortunately you have to disassemble everything before you get to the actual keyboard. It's one of the last things there is I think.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 09:45 PM
    Maybe nail varnish of some sorts? I'd be careful with the application though

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 09:54 PM
    A chip shows character,lol. There's really not anything that can be done about it truthfully. It's the downside of a physical keyboard

Posted via SQW100-1/
    12-11-16 12:46 AM
    Matte black enamel paint. Try to get solvent-based rather than water-based. Mask off the surrounding area with two layers of tape, apply one thin coat at a time, blend the edges with a fibreglass pencil. Leave it ina warm place for a week to cure afterwards.

Or keep applying the Sharpie...

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 11:20 AM
    Replacing the keyboard isn't too difficult. I just replaced mine on my AT&T Passport the other day. Feels so nice. The hardest part is getting the battery off. No idea why they have to glue it so tightly. Just use heat and plenty patience.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 12:47 PM
    Ok thanks for those that have helped.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 02:00 PM