Just received my new Passport and based on my experience with earlier units, I think that BlackBerry have made some changes to the keyboard. In my opinion it is just as smooth and easy to use as the keyboard on the silver edition.

The keyboards on my first passports ( both OG black and red) were harder to press and definitely had a clicky noise to them.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 06:23 AM
    Oh wow really? What date does it say?

#whatisclassic
    11-05-16 07:23 AM
    I only have the original and have had it since pretty close to launch so I can't say this with any absolute certainty but my understanding was that the actual keys were of a slightly different material on the SE. I never experienced any "clickiness" that felt 'off' in any way - it's the best BlackBerry keyboard that I've used to date. I could be wrong but, either way, if you are happy with yours the way it is, then I say it's a good thing regardless of if it's a completely different run or you just had a slightly less then perfect one previously.
    11-05-16 07:59 AM
    Oh wow really? What date does it say?

#whatisclassic
    The box has a packaging date of November 2014 but I'm pretty certain that the phone itself is not from 2014 because it definitely feels more premium (the keyboard). I really can't explain what is going on but it is not the hard plastic clicky feel which I experienced with my original 2 units.

This is bonus for me because I actually prefer the original passport and with this improved keyboard it's a win win for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 10:02 AM
    Bought a second AT&T Passport in August. Compared to my first one from March 2015, I noticed the same thing. Don't have an SE for comparison, but my new Passport KB felt as broken in right out of the box as my first one is now.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 11:20 AM