The cold weather-enabled keyboard will be an AT&T exclusive.
    AdamThatsIt likes this.
    01-07-15 01:33 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 09:06 PM
    Tested again today. About 10 degree F today and windy. Using it in the open (freezing my buns off), it went crazy almost immediately. Went and hid where the wind couldn't get to me and it worked without much issue. There was still a slight strangeness to it once in a while but for the most part, when I got out of the wind, it worked better. Still wish it didn't have this issue, but narrowing it down will help work around it. In that weather, it worked better than my fingers!
    01-07-15 09:16 PM
    The cold weather-enabled keyboard will be an AT&T exclusive.
    Lol...Don't say that! That would be my luck!
    01-07-15 09:18 PM
    You're not wrong.

Attachment 325774

Posted via CB10
    Is this in the settings?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 11:11 PM
    I'm having this problem as well just started today only 41 F where I'm at. Restarted and that fixed it but still... what the heck?!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 01:48 AM
    I noticed some of this erratic keyboard behavior last night while spending 3 hours in a very cold arena. Phone was sitting out in cold and my hands were freezing as i was trying to bang out tweets for the hockey game I was working. I didn't realize it could be the cold causing the erratic behavior until I read this. I've only had my PP for four days so I thought maybe it was something I was doing wrong.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 05:46 AM
    For me, it is not the cold weather itself - but rather the WIND! A slight breeze will wreak havoc with the keyboard.

I've noticed this while waiting for the bus during my commute. I have also experienced this in warm weather due to wind.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 07:52 AM
    Hey the solution is just to turn screen off and back on. I found it always works after that when I do that. Though it doesn't happen much
    01-15-15 08:01 AM
    I've done some tests and it seems to me that if you have the screen on while inside, then go outside, the keyboard becomes jittery. mad_mdx's work around to turn the screen off and on again seemed to work. Also, if I had the screen off to begin with, then turned it on outside, it seemed to be fine.

I'm starting to suspect that the keyboard does some kind of sensor calibration when you turn the screen on. The problem seems to be triggered by significant environmental changes (like going outside) while the screen is on rather than just the factors listed in this thread alone. I haven't done exhaustive tests (i'm supposed to be working after all!) but maybe someone else can give it a try and corroborate?

My testing method, in case you want to try and reproduce:
    Test 1:
    -While inside, turn on the screen, type some stuff and confirm the keyboard is ok
    -Without turning the screen off, venture out in to the cold canadian winter
    -See if the keyboard becomes jittery (it did for me)

Test2:
    -With the screen off, go outside.
    -With the screen still off, leave the BB exposed to the elements for a few seconds
    -Turn on the screen, type some text and see if the keyboard becomes jittery (it didn't for me)

Test3:
    -While outside, with the screen in its 'jittery' state, try mad_mdx's workaround and see if the keyboard settles down. (it did for me, thanks mad_mdx!)

Hopefully with enough people testing we can track down the cause of this behavior and shed some light on why some posters report that it is a problem and some do not.

Finally, I should note that it is a relatively balmy -5 where I am right now.
    01-19-15 10:25 AM
    I noticed something new in the cold arena this afternoon. The phone stayed in my pocket most of the time so it actually stayed quite warm. My fingers on the other hand were quite cold as I wasn't wearing gloves. The cold fingertips made it almost impossible to type anything. Cursor was jumping all over the place. Words were being deleted all over the place. Very, very erratic behavior! Had to warm hands up before I could continue.

Does anyone know if the keyboard gesturing can be turned off temporarily?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 06:03 PM
    Just move to Florida and all your keyboard problems in cold weather will go away along with the cold weather.

It's tough living in paradise but somebody's gotta do it, might as well be me.

T-Mobile  SQW100-1 Passport running Autoloaded 10.3.1.2072.
    01-25-15 06:47 PM
37 12