Hi guys, I've got a problem with my passport se. The keyboard back light suddenly not functioning on all the letter. It's the half right side of the keyboard not working. From 3rd row it's from letter Y to P, 2nd row from H to backspace and last row it's from B to arrow sign or enter. The left half side is well lighted and it's annoying when typing at dark. Anybody here have experience this problem?
    05-06-17 10:59 AM
    Hello have heard the backlit PKB not working correctly happened with mine also. Do a reset holding down the up and volume keys at the same time until boots up again. Then run the BBVE test app.
    Good luck.
    05-06-17 11:34 AM
    I've tried that but still no luck. Thanks for replying
    05-06-17 04:38 PM
    I'd say 90% of the time it's an issue with the proximity sensor. Hardware issues suck regardless of device or platform

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 11:07 PM
    OP, if it is half dead as in the case with your phone, it sounds more like a physical fault. Problem with light sensor would cause problem to the whole keyboard lighting and screen brightness.
    The last thing that could be try is run an autoloader.
    As for keyboard replacement, I don't know if the Passport keyboard leds is on the keyboard unit or on the main board. Chance is they are on the keyboard unit, as that was done since the 9900. If that the case, a keyboard replacement would certainly help. But that got to be confirmed before buying/trying.

Posted from my  Passport
    05-07-17 11:25 AM
    Hi guys, I've got a problem with my passport se. The keyboard back light suddenly not functioning on all the letter. It's the half right side of the keyboard not working. From 3rd row it's from letter Y to P, 2nd row from H to backspace and last row it's from B to arrow sign or enter. The left half side is well lighted and it's annoying when typing at dark. Anybody here have experience this problem?
    I just revived my BB Passport SE and am having this exact problem. The right half of the keyboard is not backlit. Did you ever figure out the problem @Gomz? I feel like @littlebuff is correct it is a hardware issue. Anyone have any ideas? Possible to clean the contacts on the keyboard or maybe the LED is busted?
    11-24-20 02:38 PM