I really can't believe I've missed this, it's so simple, it's so easy and yes it has been done with little marketing.

Say what you want about The Passport: "It's too big", "It's Ugly", or "It looks awkward". Hold your breath because I've heard it already. I've heard many people and read many reviews that talk negative about the appearance and shape of Blackberry's flagship device. However it's virtually impossible to say anything bad about the specs and the performance.

Tonight I had the privilege of attending the Toronto Maple Leaf season opener against the Montreal Canadiens at the Air Canada Centre Toronto. I was even more honored to watch the Habs beat the Leafs (sorry leaf fans). No exaggeration..tonight I was stopped by at least 25 people who said to me (to name a few things): Is that the New Blackberry? Is that the new Passport? Can I try it? Wow it's fast!

For the past 14 years I have been using BlackBerry devices. My love for their devices go back to Y2K and my 957. For the past (almost) two years I have been using BB10 devices, the Z10 since the day it was launched in Canada February 2013 , and the Z30 since January of this year. At no time in the past two years has anyone ever said to me "Is that the new Blackberry?" In fact, I and many of you have heard people say "I didn't even know Blackberry still made phones."

So what is the key to Blackberry's success and to ultimately be labeled as "The Come Back Kid"?

In the past two years my Z10 has probably been mistaken as an iPhone and my Z30 was more than likely mistaken as an Android device. They have been buried in the sea of smart phones that all look the same. No wonder the average consumer doesn't have any idea Blackberry makes phones.

So call it ugly, awkward, big or whatever you want, I'll call it different. There is no mistaking the Passport for another device! It's that innovative appearance that will turn heads and lead Blackberry to a come back.

In the interim....Work Wide

The Key to the Passports Success-img_20141008_202140.jpg

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-09-14 12:25 AM
    I agree wholeheartedly. I've used the Z10, Q5, and Z30, and everyone was surprised to see that they were BlackBerry 10 devices. The Passport is hard to see as anything but a new, innovative device. 90% of those who've seen me use it are impressed. Only 10% (my work 'buddies') give me a hard time since I'm the last BlackBerry evangelist in our office. Proudly so, I might add.
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-09-14 12:35 AM
    Wow you make threads too? Place holder while I read what you wrote.

Edit: couple of minor grammatical issues, no big deal; spent to much time talking about stupid teams. Other than that, nice thread.

Glad you're our accountant.

Founder and fearless leader of the Peevishlicious Crew

*edited spelling*
    Last edited by zocster; 10-11-14 at 02:56 AM.
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-09-14 12:36 AM
    Eh, I watched the game knowing it was going to be a loss. It's only the first game of the season so the urge to throw things at my TV are not there yet. I'm expecting those urges to arrive around December. The Habs played well. Good start for them. Anyway, what you say about the Passport is so true. It is a head turner. That's what I've been saying all along would be the turning point for BlackBerry. This device has been given horrendous reviews and been ridiculed for it's oddness. I laugh at these reviews. The Passport has gotten people talking. That's what matters right now.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-09-14 01:01 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The Key to the Passports Success-fullsizerender-3-.jpg
    The Key to the Passports Success-fullsizerender-1-.jpg

The Passport IS BOSS! Oozing awesomeness and sex appeal, while increasingly addictive!

BlackBerry Can't produce quickly enough to meet worldwide demand.....

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    10-09-14 01:04 AM
    One Apple Genius thought my Z30 was a Samsung.

Never been more offended.

The Passport stands out, and about three or four strangers have asked me what kind of phone it is... and those are HUGE numbers considering I'm in LA and like everyone here has an iPhone.
    10-09-14 01:14 AM
    I agree with your post. This phone has everyone talking. I just wish you could one....
    10-11-14 02:17 AM
    I'm so happy you guys are happy with your Passports! Ultimately, it is customer satisfaction that will determine BlackBerry's fortunes, and it's awesome news that the Passport is delighting its new owners. Right now, I don't consider myself a VKB guy, but given what I've heard here, I'll check out the Passport first chance I get.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    10-11-14 02:50 AM
    Nice writeup. Fixed peev's spelling mishap..

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-11-14 02:57 AM
    It's true the Passport is unmistakably BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:02 AM
    Unmistakably BlackBerry is the Passport indeed. But the clumsier and less practical among all. And I have them all. Well. Very well advised to get rid of the keyboard (a niTmare in effeciency matters). Just make it all touch and you get the right thing in your hands in landscape modus

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:45 AM

Thx Zoc! Lmao!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-11-14 09:17 AM
    I work for a major airline and a few crew members noticed the device in my hand. Only one said:"is that the new blackberry?"

Some laughed that I had a blackberry in the first place and made fun of its sheer size.

,but then....

A small demo and all of them couldn't keep their hands of it! Very positive response and most of them were surprised how much they liked it.

- I travel globally every week and pay very very little for worldwide high speed data (the iPhone & DROID fans sighed)
    - device is a faster multi tasker then most
    - make fun of the width, but they all agreed browsing websites and social media is very pleasant.

End of the night.....

Converted 2 former BlackBerry back to the dark side and helped them pre-book the passport.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and Niro Sri like this.
    10-11-14 10:32 AM

Depending on which mishap you're referring too, I might have done it on purpose.

Founder and fearless leader of the Peevishlicious Crew
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-11-14 02:54 PM
    Totally agreed with your thread!
    I had absolutely same experience with you while using the Z30 and the Z10!
    Now with the passport no mistake! Everyone recognize it as the new blackberry!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-11-14 03:02 PM