O'leary on CNBC today: I agree with Kim Kardashian, I love my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    nico2004, rarsen, nick13b and 7 others like this.
    10-28-14 11:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Enough to invest in the company?
    10-28-14 11:30 AM
    Is there a linked video?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-28-14 11:31 AM
    I'm not completely sure, but I think O'Leary is a shareholder. He's been fairly supportive of BB10 devices in general, though I have seen him be fairly critical of the company in media appearances. Good to see he still seems to be on board.
    10-28-14 12:43 PM
    O'Leary only invests in dividend paying companies. So no BBRY investment.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    But Kim has allegedly not even turned on her passport. She loves her 9900.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 01:36 PM
    Kim (and other die hard 9900 users) are waiting for the Classic.
    mnc76 likes this.
    10-28-14 02:28 PM
    I think O'Leary is a interesting guy. I'm glad he supports BB.

Someone post up a link to a video of this would be great.
    10-28-14 07:23 PM
    Someone needs to tell Kardashian that she can buy brand new Bolds from Shop BlackBerry. I'm sure she can afford the $400 for one.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:38 PM
    I'd love to see a video clip of this. So far just found this old one about the Z10:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=p...&v=B-q77ZASumM

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-28-14 11:58 PM
    Video clip anyone?

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    10-29-14 12:44 AM
    I like Kevin, but he changes phones like I change underwear.

It appears the flavour of the week is the Passport.

I've watched his show for years when he went on about a new device he would get. He used to trumpet the iPhone, then the Samsungs (I remember one episode where he just went on and on about how great it was, and held up the phone and started kissing it on camera, the the other host was like, ok, next.), he love the Z10 when it came out too.

He even went on to talk about going back to an old 9900 because Verizon offered a world plan only on that model, and he loved it for emailing best.

Let me guess, next week he will be telling us about how great the 6 Plus is.
    10-29-14 05:23 AM
    Someone needs to tell Kardashian that she can buy brand new Bolds from Shop BlackBerry. I'm sure she can afford the $400 for one.

Posted via CB10
    You can find them slightly used for 100$ in 10/10 condition on the used market... thats hard to beat

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-29-14 07:20 AM
    Here you go............ (sadly you have to sit through 2 commercials first)

BNN - Watch TV Online | O?Leary?s Take: Will Kim Kardashian save BlackBerry?

its a ringing endorsement and clearly says "he's not being paid by BB to say this". and at least he still admits, "he is device agnostic", and when "a better device comes along, he will buy it"
    10-29-14 08:01 AM
    Someone should let him know Uber works perfectly with 10.3
    10-29-14 11:35 AM
    Someone should let him know Uber works perfectly with 10.3
    Yes...and Lyft too (with the Cobalt patch...)
    10-29-14 12:05 PM
    When the Passport was announced, Kevin O'Leary was the first guy that popped in mind as the target audience. Glad he likes the phone.
    10-29-14 01:03 PM
    When the Passport was announced, Kevin O'Leary was the first guy that popped in mind as the target audience. Glad he likes the phone.
    Man, if I was Chen, I'd be giving all the employees high 5's up and down the hall. BlackBerry couldn't pay for a better spokesperson. Oleary is hugely influential, and this phone is marketed to people like Oleary and those want to be like him. Clearly the target market. Consumers can see past the "paid" spokesman, and its great that Oleary says clearly... "I'm not being paid to say this.... "

Just like the Kardashian thing, Oleary blabbing about how great the Passport is simply a good thing.
    10-29-14 01:19 PM
    Didn't he also say he loves his Z10 and went back to the 9900?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:25 PM

its a ringing endorsement and clearly says "he's not being paid by BB to say this". and at least he still admits, "he is device agnostic", and when "a better device comes along, he will buy it"
    I think that this is awesome. The more press that this thing can get the better. As awesome of a device as the Passport is, I also can't help but view it as a slightly under-the-radar marketing campaign in physical form that is announcing to anyone who sees it that "Blackberry is still here to stay and it's time to open up to new ideas in the technology world. Let Blackberry lead the way again."
    10-29-14 07:00 PM
    I remember about one year ago, Amanda saying that she had lost value in your BlackBerry stock after the price dropped. She asked Kevin if he had any BlackBerry shares, and he reminded her that he never buys shares in any company unless they pay a dividend. So I'm guessing that he doesn't have any BlackBerry stock.
    10-29-14 08:32 PM
    Ay-chiwowa, caramba!!
    Kevin is my hero.
    Well said in the interview...it just works!
    10-29-14 10:40 PM

Not actually sure who this Kevin chap is..... but this is definitely a ringing endorsement from somebody who seems to represent BlackBerry's key market, eg someone who reads 30 (market) reports before breakfast....
    10-29-14 11:30 PM
    Not actually sure who this Kevin chap is..... but this is definitely a ringing endorsement from somebody who seems to represent BlackBerry's key market, eg someone who reads 30 (market) reports before breakfast....
    He's a famous investor known for starting a huge business and now owns a lot of companies. He's very wealthy, and is one of the 'dragons' on the Dragons Den T.V show. Think of him as a hardcore business man.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-29-14 11:42 PM
    He's a famous investor known for starting a huge business and now owns a lot of companies. He's very wealthy, and is one of the 'dragons' on the Dragons Den T.V show. Think of him as a hardcore business man.
    He left Dragons Den, He is now on the US version for a few years now called Shark Tank.

Shark Tank is a massive success in the US market, where he will get way more exposure.

Watch Shark Tank TV Show - ABC.com
    10-30-14 05:17 AM
30 12