I got 3 extra Passport SEs to last me for a long long time hehe..
    Long time being defined as roughly 18 months to 12/31/2019? Wouldn’t it make sense to reduce what you have in case BB10 devices have unknown functionality issues after that date?
    06-08-18 09:24 PM
    Aw man... So jealous!
    06-09-18 06:52 AM
    One guy bought eleven of them.... but his wife wasn't too happy.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-12-18 08:55 AM
    One guy bought eleven of them.... but his wife wasn't too happy.
    Ex-wife and she took seven in the divorce to be spiteful. Rumor is that she uses them as doorstops throughout (what used to be the marital) her residence.
    dmlis and pdr733 like this.
    06-12-18 12:42 PM
    Any milliseconds I lose on a swipe in the Hub are made up for in spades by the fact I don't have to spend hours upon hours trying to get apps and email to work.
    This basically seals the "BB10 is more productive and time-saving than Android, even in 2018" debate.
    john_v and ezubeBB2013 like this.
    06-13-18 03:42 PM
    This basically seals the "BB10 is more productive and time-saving than Android, even in 2018" debate.
    Yeah, I'm not sure about that as it took me about 10 hours to find a stock market app in Google Play that was as good as my BBW app. I finally managed but I can tell you that I have spent a good deal of time searching through all the crappy, ad-ridden apps as well and discarded many. Also found out that ratings do not always mean they are going to be good (for me).
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    06-13-18 04:14 PM
    Email just works perfectly for me on BB10, and I use a bunch or services from GSuite to Exchange to proprietary I MAP services.

As for apps, I agree that one shouldn't spend a lot of time getting them to work, and I don't try. BB10 has fewer apps than iOS and Android. If you want apps you should pick the best platform for your apps. Personally, I prefer not to run any beyond the ones that come with BB10.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    ezubeBB2013 likes this.
    06-13-18 05:42 PM
    Non-intuitive is not quite the same as difficult and I’m sure you are right that most people can browse the internet or make calls or whatever. It doesn’t mean it’s a finely designed or high functioning interface, which in fact might be seen as difficult.

When I picked up BB10 it was apparent that someone thought how it worked through. When I pick up android it is apparent that it’s an app switcher with other Stuff pasted on.

The fact remains, app switching is largely what any OS does, so I guess it works for 85% of the world as you say. It just doesn’t seem to do it very well.
    Totally agree with you Kam. I've used Android on different occasions and find it hideous! I came from Apple to BlackBerry but Android is really scraping at the bottom of the barrel. You need a bloody App for everything.

Not sure why Conite is still on BB10 forums!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    06-17-18 11:05 AM
    Email just works perfectly for me on BB10, and I use a bunch or services from GSuite to Exchange to proprietary I MAP services.

As for apps, I agree that one shouldn't spend a lot of time getting them to work, and I don't try. BB10 has fewer apps than iOS and Android. If you want apps you should pick the best platform for your apps. Personally, I prefer not to run any beyond the ones that come with BB10.

Can only agree.

Email works for me too. So does the browser and battery life is still great.

If you use the Passport as a communication device - lots of emails, reading docs, great calendar, file manager etc then the Passport is still relevant in 2018.

If you want all the Apps under the sun then there are plenty of phone choices available and these people should head over to Android Central etc and hold constructive discussions about their phone of CHOICE over there!

06-17-18 11:14 AM
    Can only agree.

Email works for me too. So does the browser and battery life is still great.

If you use the Passport as a communication device - lots of emails, reading docs, great calendar, file manager etc then the Passport is still relevant in 2018.

If you want all the Apps under the sun then there are plenty of phone choices available and these people should head over to Android Central etc and hold constructive discussions about their phone of CHOICE over there!

In spite of your opinions, BlackBerry android devices are still BlackBerry and therefore fall under the CrackBerry forums. As I mentioned in the other thread, you need to stop telling others where to post.
    Thud Hardsmack and pdr733 like this.
    06-17-18 11:16 AM
    Totally agree with you Kam. I've used Android on different occasions and find it hideous! I came from Apple to BlackBerry but Android is really scraping at the bottom of the barrel. You need a bloody App for everything.

Yeah, still not loving what I'm seeing of Android, but I'm around the outskirts still.

I'm fine with people posting about Blackberry-Specific Androids here, as at least the name remains, and there are the Blackberry Specific Apps which do have a different flavor.

What I don't understand is why anyone seems so hostile towards people talking about Old-School Blackberry devices, or act like they MUST respond to people talking about BB10, as if it's a chore.

They're welcome to of course, but no one is making them comment on people's posts that they think are stupid or "beating a dead horse" or whatever. If people want to hope or dream or fantasize about BB10--what's the harm? If you don't want to talk about BB10, then it's easy to NOT do that.

It's pretty well known to anyone who reads my posts that I am a BB10 fan--and that's mostly what I discuss, and the difficulties I have in transitioning to something else.

The vast majority of my interactions with everyone are positive (from my perspective) and I enjoy hearing other people's views and experiences, because they may be relevant to what I'm going to be doing (sooner than I want perhaps).

KAM
    06-18-18 08:19 AM
    Lol you obviously have no idea (or maybe just ignorant) who conite is and what he's contributed to the BB10 community.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 06-18-18 at 10:32 AM.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-18-18 10:15 AM
    Lol you obviously have no idea (or maybe just ignorant) who conite is and what he's contributed to the BB10 community.
    Also, what he still actively contributes to BB10 community...
    06-18-18 11:06 AM
    Yes, Android is a buggy mess but we are all stuck as the ignorant mass market determined that they love bugs and a very controlling fruit to deliver phones.
    06-25-18 06:55 AM
    Yes, Android is a buggy mess but we are all stuck as the ignorant mass market determined that they love bugs and a very controlling fruit to deliver phones.
    Really? BBAndroid has been greatly improved since introduced. BB10 is well not so good anymore. Everyone seems to experience various bugs especially now in the native browser and remaining apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-18 07:16 AM
    And if BB10 received support and further development then it would be even better. Android still can't really multitask properly and kills apps left right and center despite the fact that most Android phones have over 4 GB of RAM. I've been using Android since 2009 and I'm telling you, it had this same problem back then. Android has a 10 year old problem that was solved by WebOS, BB10, Windows Phone, and Maemo. All were very modern operating systems that don't kill apps that you leave inactive for 3 minutes. I'm sorry but what Android does is just counter productive.
    06-25-18 07:28 AM
    And if BB10 received support and further development then it would be even better. Android still can't really multitask properly and kills apps left right and center despite the fact that most Android phones have over 4 GB of RAM. I've been using Android since 2009 and I'm telling you, it had this same problem back then. Android has a 10 year old problem that was solved by WebOS, BB10, Windows Phone, and Maemo. All were very modern operating systems that don't kill apps that you leave inactive for 3 minutes. I'm sorry but what Android does is just counter productive.
    You might be right but the market has spoken: They care more giant slabs of glass that can run their Snapchats than a productivity oriented OS and satisfying clickety-click keys.
    06-25-18 08:55 AM
    I'm only speaking to where it currently stands not what it could have been. That horse is long dead and buried.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-18 10:19 AM
    Yes, and where it currently stands is that android is still buggy and can't do basic tasks right. Old and outdated operating systems still multi task much better than Android does. The poster also mentioned Android's instability. Our point is this, Android is buggier than even unsupported BB10.
    06-25-18 01:27 PM
    Yes, and where it currently stands is that android is still buggy and can't do basic tasks right. Old and outdated operating systems still multi task much better than Android does. The poster also mentioned Android's instability. Our point is this, Android is buggier than even unsupported BB10.
    That's only because it's not possible to multi task on BB10 anymore. Unless you're referring to phone call email and text at same time. It's 2018 and multi-tasking has totally different explanations and expectations unless you're still operating in 2013.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-18 02:47 PM
    I loved BB10 probably more than most, but I can't agree with your assessment.

Multitasking is a dream on Android now. Very quick, very seamless. Add to that the split screen capabilities of Nougat, and the superior sharing abilities of Android in general, and it can't really be beat.

I had to move on from BB10, not for games or social media, but because I couldn't get my WORK done anymore.
    06-25-18 05:21 PM
    Hello,

Well, I got a new phone (Nokia 6.1) for a family member and after spending a weekend struggling to get Android to function as it is claimed to function, I'm going to hang onto my Passport as long as I can. Meaning, this EXPERIENCE convinced me not to switch my phone. I'm still stuck with the Nokia 6.1 (which seems like a decent phone).

I was trying to backup Apps (specifically app data) from a DTEK50 to the new phone, and I tried several different methods, including using Google Drive, content transfer app, direct file transfer (via connection), and also looking for help on Android-Central (there was an article about the exact thing), nothing worked.

I also spent about an hour on the phone with Google Support, talking to a very nice person who seemed very dedicated to helping me, and who provided incorrect information several times, including claiming that Android didn't include features it did, and having ignorance of how various features of Android worked (admitted by them).

So, while I was starting to think that I might look into the KeyTwo and shift over before the end of 2019, this experience has made me think otherwise.

Apparently, there is some way to accomplish what I want, but according to some (older) videos that requires rooting the phone (?), and I'm not willing to mess around with it to that extent.

So, this app I'm trying to transfer--it's NOT important in any significant way (to me), but that's not the point. Rather, FOR ME PERSONALLY, dealing with android is like nails on a chalkboard. NOTHING seems intuitive or in a place that makes sense, and it's an exercise in frustration.

So, perhaps there's some level of skill and knowledge that can make android "sing" and perform well, but for someone of my skill level it's just a low-functioning app switcher--and one that doesn't work well--vs iOS which is pretty much locked in, but at least seems to function at what you're allowed to do.

I realize this isn't a direct apples to apples comparison with BB10, but I've never had any issues approaching this when dealing with Blackberry devices, including shifting between an Android Phone to BBOS then to BB10, to another BB10 device and even BB10 to Android. Trying to shift between DTEK 50 and Stock Android--just didn't work well for me at all.

So, FOR ME (not claiming for anyone else), Android remains a really big disappointment, despite trying repeatedly.

It doesn't seem to have substantially changed since I had an HTC EVO. Still the same, buggy, low functioning (in terms of UI) OS.

The UP side of this--is that I have more of an appreciation of the Blackberry Software on android. It isn't BB10, but it seems to be a major improvement over stock Android.
    Have fun
    06-26-18 12:17 AM
  23. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Well, I got red one about 4days later and I'm still loving passport SE and RED

Posted via CB10
    07-05-18 08:21 AM
    I loved BB10 probably more than most, but I can't agree with your assessment.

Multitasking is a dream on Android now. Very quick, very seamless. Add to that the split screen capabilities of Nougat, and the superior sharing abilities of Android in general, and it can't really be beat.

I had to move on from BB10, not for games or social media, but because I couldn't get my WORK done anymore.
    Yes. The arbitrary categorization of tasks into "work" and "personal" is not very useful. Someone like me who always has a high-end, internet-connected laptop available has very different needs from someone who needs to access lots of resources across multiple cloud platforms without a PC.

07-05-18 10:16 AM
124 ... 345